~• 13. Date Fixed •~

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Heya. Hope you are doing well. I am back with the 13th chapter. Hope you all will like it. Happy Reading 💕

Date : 3rd August 2021
Day : Tuesday

"I suppose you all know why we are here." Pandu's voice echoed through the courtroom. Everyone nodded in a yes.

"As you all know, as an alliance between Indraprasth and Panchal, we got Arjun and Draupadi married when they were small children. No one else except the elders of the family knew it. So, we will have to get them both married formally again." Pandu informed.

Arjun and Draupadi inhaled a deep breath with a sigh. They had no option, did they?

"So, it's decided that their marriage would be conducted after Karn-Vrushali's wedding that is after 3 weeks." Adhirath said.

Everyone smiled at it. While one marriage was going on here in Panchal, the royal family of Kashi received a proposal for the wedding of their daughter Vrushali to the crown prince of Anga, Karna.

"Therefore, Arjun and Panchali's marriage will be conducted after 5 weeks from today on Chaitra Maasa, panchami thithi." declared Drupad.

Draupadi looked at Arjun who seemed lost in another world. He came back from it when Karna nudged him. Draupadi got up and went out of the courtroom without speaking anything. Arjun followed the same and went to his room.

Arjun was feeling restless. He was trying his best to accept the reality but everytime his mind redirected to the days when he and Sangeetha passed the time with each other talking, walking, discussing.

He sat their on the couch thinking about Sangeetha, the days he spent with her just talking and talking about many things. He would just listen to her talks without blinking his eyes just aweing at the lady infront of him.

He was thinking more about her when he heard a knock on his open door chamber. He saw Dyumna at the doorstep. "Come in bhrata. Why do you stand there?"

Dyumna smiled and came inside and sat on the couch next to Arjun. "Arjun, I wanted to speak an important matter. So please don't take my talks lightly." Arjun nodded in response understanding the gravity of his presence.

"My sister, Draupadi has to be your wife even if you want or do not. No one can help with this marriage. She may look like a bold girl but at the same time she is very soft at heart. She is a very understanding girl and whatever the situation maybe, she has the capability to find a way and overcome it. You may have a past but you need not tell me but please whatever it might be, please tell it to my sister because the decision you will take in future will affect her life."

Arjun smiled in understanding, "Even I have a sister Dushala. Though she is my cousin, I love her and take care of her like my own. I have already told Panchali about most of my past life, after this marriage, I may tell the rest. I can assure you that she will be happy after marriage too."

Dyumna beamed in joy as he got up and hugged Arjun tight who reciprocated back. "I am glad." Dyumna smiled widely.

•⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆•

Draupadi sat on her table thinking deeply. A major event in her life. And she wasn't given a cent percent say in it. She tried to divert her mind but couldn't as her mind ran through the memories. What happened in the past few days, she got the answer that she always wanted, Sangeetha's firm decision, Arjun's helplessness and today her marriage date was fixed.

"Bhabhi." Panchali heard a voice. She looked who was outside and whom the voice was calling. There she saw the princess of Hastinapur, Dhritarashtra Nandini Dushala eyeing Draupadi.

"Are you calling me?" Krishnaa asked muddled as she saw no one else in the corridor. Dushala nodded in a yes and Panchali asked her to come in and sit.

"I am sorry if you got offended by me calling you as bhabhi..." Dushala bent her head low.

Krishnaa shakes her head in no and said, "If not today then someday, you will have to address me like that only."

Dushala smiled and said, "Bhabhi, I wanted to talk about bhrata Arjun."
Draupadi nodded in a yes for her to continue and sat in front of her.

"Bhrata Arjun is not my own brother but not for even once have I treated him as my cousin brother and ill treated him. I don't exactly know his past and his future lies in your hands. You both are getting married under circumstances and I know that you don't have feelings for each other. But I would like to say one thing that whatever God has planned results in something good only. And bhrata Arjun looks a bit harsh but he isn't so. I believe your future with him is going to be blissful!"

Panchali smiled seeing the bond that Arjun and Dushala shared and said, "I know that. And even if your bhrata is rude to me then I will come to you. You will save me right?"

"Of course bhabhi. Teasing bhrata is such an amazing feeling. If you are with me then we can trouble him more!! But..." Dushala's once excited voice lowered.

Draupadi got worried thinking what happened to her suddenly. She held Dushala's cheeks in her palms and asked, "What happened?"

"Bhrata Duryodhan is bent upon me marrying Sindhu Raj, Jayadrath. But I don't like this proposal. Mata is helpless, so is bhrata Arjun. Pitashri is in support with bhrata Duryodhan."

Krishnaa wiped the lone tear that rolled through Dushala's eyes and said, "Look, it's your life. Whatever may happen, you should be the ultimate decision maker. I will try to help you. If you don't like marrying Jayadrath then don't." Draupadi boosted confidence in Dushala.

Dushala got up and smiled, "You are right bhabhi. I will definitely come to you after thinking about this. You are the best!!"

"Aww!" Panchali hugged Dushala. Breaking the hug, Dushala exclaimed, "I am lucky to have you as my sister in law and bhrata Arjun is the luckiest!!"

How's the chapter?
To be continued...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro