~• 17. Married •~

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hey. Hope you are doing well. I am back with the 17th chapter. I hope you all will like it. Happy Reading 💕

As they completed the seven circumambulations, Arjun and Draupadi sat next to each other waiting for the priest to chant few prayers more. Both were extremely tired, and they waited for the rituals to get over.

"Rajkumar, take the vermilion and fill Rajkumari's forehead partition with it." the priest instructed handing a cup of vermilion to Arjun.

Arjun took a pinch of it and looked at Draupadi whose eyes were brimmed with tears. He carefully did as he was told by the royal priest.

Rukmini took the silver platter, red silk velvet spread on it, and there stood the Chudamani that married women adorn on their hair bun. She handed it over to Arjun who placed it on Panchali's hair bun.

Arjun neither did smile nor cried. He was expressionless, his face like a stone. As he fixed the Chudamani , Draupadi's eyes couldn't control the rush of tears and a lone tear rolled over her beautiful face.

"Your wedding is now completed. May God bless you with never ending happiness." the royal priest blessed the newly wedded.

Draupadi for the first time glanced at Arjun's emotionless face who looked at her back. She quickly wiped her tears and stood up with Arjun and went to the elders to ask for their blessings.

"May God give you the strength to overcome all the struggles of your life." blessed Vedvyas.

"Saubhagyavati Bhav putri. Chiranjeevi bhav putra." blessed Pandu, Kunti, Drupad and Sumathi.

"May God bless you with joyousness and prosperity!" wished Balram, Revathi and Rukmini.

"Parth, sakhi, you don't know how much importance your wedding holds in the coming years. For the future generations, you three will stand as an example!" Krishna expressed eyeing towards Sangeetha who lowered her head down.

"Govind, what is next?" Draupadi asked with moist eyes.

"Leave it to the destiny sakhi. No one can change it. You play your part accurately and leave the rest to the Almighty." Krishna smiled his standard divine smile.

"Madhav, my answer is still not answered." Arjun reminded his voice cracking.

"You will only get the answers for your questions Parth. As time passes you will get to know the plays of destiny." Krishna smiled.

"Congratulations my dear sister!" coed Karna carressing Draupadi.

"Dear sister? When did she become your sister?" asked Arjun shocked.

"From bhrata Karna's marriage." exclaimed Draupadi.

"So you came today for your sister or brother's marriage?" Arjun investigated.

Karna gulped not knowing what to answer. Draupadi whispered, "You came to my marriage right?" while Arjun stared at him throughout without blinking his eyes.

"Why are you just asking me? Ask your Madhav also. Whether he came for his sakhi's marriage or for his cousin's marriage!" Karna pointed at Krishna.

"Why are you bringing me in between all these Yuvraj Karna!!! Parth questioned you not me!" Krishna squealed.

"Okay, I am asking you now. Answer it." Arjun asked now diverting his gaze to his best friend.

"Vaidharbhi is calling me. Coming Rukmini!" Kanha tried to escape but Arjun stopped him.

"Arya? When did I call you? Anyway, I will be mata Sumathi preparing for Draupadi's vidai. Don't bring me in between for your silly excuses." Rukmini remarked and walked off royally!

"We are expecting an answer from you Madhav" Arjun questioned. Krishna sheepishly smiled and blinked his innocently.

"We are not going to fall for this dramatically innocent eyes sakha. We want an answer." Panchali said.

"I- I ca-I came-...." Jagannath stammered looking around him to see Karna, Vrushali, Dyumna and Samhitha looking at him suppressing their smiles.

"You came?" Dyumna instigated not able to control his curiosity. Krishna glared at him and turned to Parth and Panchali smiling again.

"I came because Sangeetha asked me to. She told she will give me pots full of butter if I come. So I came!" Keshav finally managed to say.

Sangeetha who was very near to them heard her name and turned and asked if someone called her. Nakul and Sahadev peeped from nowhere and pointed at Dwarkaadeesh.

"Nothing my sister. Was just talking randomly. Nothing in particular." Krishna replied.

Sangeetha smiled at the 8th incarnation of Vishnu and turned to Arjun and Draupadi and wished, "Congratulations and all the best for your life. I am so happy for you both. I am sure your life would set example for the future generations."

Draupadi smiled faintly and hugged her as to hide her moist eyes for a few seconds. Arjun mouthed a thank you and walked away from the group. Karna and others to dispersed with Sangeetha leaving Draupadi with Samhitha.

"Yagya." Samhitha cupped her face looking straight at her eyes.

"I am fine bhabhi." Krishnaa smiled a bit and turned to move inside when they heard a hard smirking voice. It didn't take seconds for Draupadi to guess the voice. Duryodhan!

They turned back from where they stood. "Congratulations Drupad Kanya. Everyone may have blessed you to have a happy life right. But I will not do it. Because I will make sure that you will not be happy." Duryodhan smirked.

"Try your best Yuvraj. You are playing with the fire, remember that. It is the same fire which lights everyone's life and the same fire which burns anyone who comes to play with it." Yagyajanmi glared, her eyes red.

"Draupadi! You-" Gandhari Nandan screamed but was interrupted by Samhitha, showing her palm at him demanding him to be silent.

"Keep it in your mind that you are talking to your brother's wife. Don't you dare raise your voice once again, or else in no time your father will have to light the funeral pyre of his eldest son." Samhitha said her voice dangerously low.

"Come inside Yagya." Samhitha said glaring at Duryodhan.

"Heard Duryodhan scream." Arjun asked near the entrance his voice tensed.

"You heard Duryodhan scream and he heard bhabhi's dangerous warning." Panchali giggled remembering how the soft spoken Samhitha raised her voice.

Samhitha chuckled and said, "You speak as if your warning was nothing! Anyways, come inside, few more rituals are to be done. Then we can discuss all these."

Arjun looked at Draupadi and asked, "Hope everything's alright."

Panchali nodded positively and followed Samhitha with Parth to the grand hall. Finally they were married,  a new beginning. They just hoped for good.

How's the chapter?
To be continued...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro