~• 20. Broken •~

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Heya. Hope you are doing good. Back with the 20th chapter. I hope you all will like it. Happy Reading 💕

A week had quickly passed like a wind, Draupadi was almost accustomed to Indraprasth and was managing the finance efficiently. Her doubts on Shridhar, was getting erased off gradually but still she was carefully handling it.

Arjun and Draupadi had become the loved prince and princess of Indraprasth. Arjun was always alert and alarmed, always ready to fight with all his might for his kingdom. He had trained the soldiers with pure excellency.

At free times, the family would sit together and chat with on another enjoying their time. Arjun would mostly be absent but he always tried to spend quality time with everyone.

Draupadi and Arjun's friendship had been misunderstood as a lovely couple relationship by everyone. Though both of them realized that, they kept mum as that was the best for them at that time.

Parth and Panchali used to get 5 or 10 minutes at the night to talk, both tired of their works would sleep early, at the utmost corner of the bed, their backs facing each other.

Today was a rare day that Panchali had been free from the noon but instead of resting, she went to the kitchen to learn to cook new varieties from the head chef Shanta.

"Shanta, is the consistency right?" Draupadi asked confused as she was learning to make the famous Indraprastha kheer for the first time, this dish was Shanta's expertise.

"Perfect princess. Now add the poppy seeds mixture to it and stir it." Shanta checked.

"Seems like something delicious is being prepared!" came Advaith's voice from the doorstep.

"Don't know whether it will be delicious or not, but I am learning to cook something new and unique." said Panchali, her eyes not leaving the dish.

Sahadev peeped in and said, "It will obviously be delicious as it is being prepared by you, who has Annapoorneshwari's blessing."

Krishnaa smiled softly and few moments later murmured, "Ready to serve."

"Advaith, Advith can you go and call pitashri, matashri and your bhrata for lunch?" Draupadi asked.

"I am already here Putri. Advai, Advi, go call the other two men, I will be helping Draupadi by then." smiled Pritha.

"Looks like my putri doesn't require rest?" Kunti pouted.

"No mata. If I rest now, then sleep will not absorb me at night."

In a few minutes, everyone had assembled in the dining room taking their respective places. Everyone were relishing the kheer prepared by Draupadi and were praising her cooking skills.

"Everyone listen. There's a news from Magadh, their beloved princess Sangeetha's hand is won by Pallava's crown prince Abhiraj." announced Pandu smiling.

As soon as Pandu said, Kunti smiled more and Advaith and Advith eyed at Arjun and glanced at each other. Draupadi's eyes were fixed on Arjun, she didn't know how he would perceive the news.

It is a close knitted ceremony and only few kingdoms have been invited including ours. Due to line of events from past many days, me and your pitashri will have to stay here and take care of the kingdom affairs. Being the crown prince and princess, putra Arjuna, putri Draupadi, you both please go and attend the wedding." Kunti said.

Arjun had his head bent low, he didn't want his family to see the hot tears that were about to flood from his hazels. It was heart breaking to hear the news. In the few days he had got, he thought that he had made his mind strong but he now realized that he hadn't.

Draupadi couldn't eat the kheer that she prepared, it wouldn't go down her throat even if she tried to have it. She pursed her lips trying to maintain her composure, her left hand had clutched Arjun's arm tight.

Kunti and Pandu were happy for their ally's daughter. The twins stared blankly at each other and Arjun. Parth bent down a bit as to pick something hastily wiped his tears controlling.

Food didn't go down their throat that day for both Arjun and Draupadi. Some things were hard to forget. Draupadi was drowning in the flood of guilt flowing in her heart, Arjun was emotionless. Just if he knew about his forgotten marriage before falling in love with Sangeetha, things would have been not this worst, he thought.

"Bhratashri." Advith called. "The letter for you both, from Magadh." he stammered.

They both were in their chambers standing afar, their mind working on several topics. As soon as Arjun heard the word Magadh, Arjun's hazels began to fill up again, but he didn't move an inch. He just smiled and looked outside.

Draupadi hesitantly took the letter and Advith went away closing the door. Arjun motioned Panchali to read the letter out loud after he heard the shutting of doors.

"Pranam my dear sakha Arjun and sakhi Panchali!

I am elated to inform you both that my hand is won by the Pallava Yuvraj Abhiraj. The people of Pallava love their crown prince and he seems to be a good groom for me, pitashri informed. Pitashri got a letter back from Maharaj Pandu stating that he cannot attend my wedding due to administrational matter. But you both must and should come and grace the wedding in 3 days. You shouldn't miss by any chance. Okay?

Yours beloved sakhi,
Sangeetha."

Arjun left out a teary chuckle, "Make yourself some time. We have to go to Magadh to our sakhi's marriage." Arjun said stressing the word sakhi, controlling his tears.

"But -" Draupadi was interrupted by Arjun who came and sat beside her.

"This letter is just a reminder for us both to move on. She has successfully accomplished the task. There's no use if you drown yourself in guilt. Don't do it." Phalgun advised.

"But what about you?" Parshati asked staring deep into his orbs.

"Nothing can be forgotten. A live example was of our forgotten marriage. We were reminded and we get reminded almost everyday. But if we prioritize other things over it, then the matter will not prick us. We have to do the same. We have simply no other option." Parth answered and slept to his side of the bed clutching his pillow tightly.

Panchali put her head down the pillow thinking about what Arjun said and processing over all the events. She had to do it for herself and everyone.

"Kanha, you have to go to Magadh alone. I am not sending Rukmini with you at this time." Revathi was stern.

"But jiji-" Rukmini tried to explain but was interrupted by her husband.

"Rukku, try to understand what Bhabhi is saying. Obey bhabhi's words." Krishna said and Revathi nodded and left the chamber leaving the couples alone.

"So that means you will not let me go anywhere else?" Rukmini pouted.

"You can go to Vidharbha for sure." Kanha shrugged.

"I can't stay without you for many days. Yet you expect me to stay away from you for 9 months. I am not going anywhere." Krishnaatmika chuckled.

Krishna smiled at his wife's antics but it soon faded with the change of weather. The wind blowed furiously and dark clouds filled the sky. It thundered outside but didn't rain.

Dark days were not far from all of them. Like how the dark clouds filled the sky, darkness would fill the whole Aryavart's people's lives as well. It included all of them. His pranapriya, pranasakha and pranasakhi!

How's the chapter?
To be continued...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro