~•2•~

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Photo of Ashley in the media above . Imagine the skirt and waistcoat to be black. I used my friend, AyomideOdukoya, after much begging and milk😂🙄

"Wake up o." Hilda roughly tapped me.

"Leave me joor. I said I don't want." I rolled to the other side of the bed.

"Get up jare. When you come back, be arguing with them." She still shook me. I still didn't get up.

"Don't answer o. It's 6:58am." She left me. I jumped up like a madman.

"O oh oh. Where's the toothpaste, my toothbrush, polish. Wait... I don't need it yet ." I hurriedly rushed to the bathroom. Little did I know that it was still 5am.

Even with how late I thought I was, I still spent 45mins in the bathroom. I strongly believe that they are doing me. I kept pacing around the room looking for my body cream. I should have suspected smiling Hilda.

"Mum already left for work, so I'm taking you in the Highlander. Be fast o, I don't want to be late to work." She sat comfortably doing her office work. "Have you done that literature assignment?"

"Don't disturb me jare. Shit. Mr. Akinlade assignment. I have die." I started looking for my exam focus. I'm doing that in school.

"Calm down. Check the time." She said and ran downstairs.

5:50am
"Oh lawd." I placed my head in my palms as I sat on the bed. I got up to pick my exam focus and my literature note as I started the homework. I was done within 20 minutes. Getting up, I put the two books in my backpack and started to get my uniform. White long sleeved shirt tucked in black flay skirt and my perfectly ironed black waistcoat, thanks to the dry cleaner. I adjusted my skirt properly and put on my black socks and shoes. I stared at my reflection in the ceiling-to-floor mirror. Time to style my edges. I took Hilda's ecogel, making sure to curl my baby hairs. This girl is set for her second week in year 12.

6:50am

"Hilda, I'm done." I said as I carried my breakfast bag. Breakfast can never be missed by me, even if it means I'll carry extra bag.

Girl na you dey ginger me
Ifunaya you dey cause trouble
Shey you no go wound person
Love the way you dey dance girl
Ayee o pe meji
Wa jekalo faji
Mami idikunle
Let's hop in my Maserati
Baby hop in my Maserati
I say hop in my Maserati
Hop in my Maserati
Girl I wanna see you go down yeh
Say me love the way you gbe body
Hop in my Maserati
Baby hop in my Maserati
And i just wanna see you ride

This song was blasting from the car stereo. I hopped into the car bopping in sync to the music.

"Did you take your key?" Hilda asked as she brought the car to life. "I sure did." I replied. She drove off after I locked the gate. We could definitely use a gate man, but Mom said "we don't need one, why do I have two grown up girls?"

~* * * * *~

I got out of the car with positivity. I took in the beautiful scenery of the big school. The gardener was doing a great job and the window panes was glimmering under the morning sun, creating a golden hue. I walked with that aura and the authority of the female senior prefect to my class.

"Bakare, the latecomer." Oduntan Samuel, the class disturbance drawled. Trust the guy to always say something.

"Oduntan, the blabbermouth." I replied rolling my eyes as I walked to my seat. "Morning Ash." She murmured a 'good morning'. Typical book worm.

Igbinedion Ashley is my childhood friend. Our parents are also close friends. Averagely built, she's your regular melanin queen. Everyone sees her as proud and snobbish, but once you get to know her, she's the sweetest person. Her grandfather owns the prestigious Igbinedion university. Typically, every student in Crown High School could proudly boast of well to do parents. I'm talking of students whose parents are senators, governors and other dignitaries and public figures in the country. My father is also a senator, Senator Bakare Tobi Joseph.

"All stand and greet!" The loud voice of the class captain signified the presence of a teacher.

"Settle down!" The teacher's baritone voice echoed. Meet Mr. Akinlade, our literature teacher. The most dreaded teacher in the school. He always has something for you to do when he sees you on the corridor and when you don't do his assignments, the whole staff room will know.

"Bakare, collect all your assignments to the staff room. Before that, the answer to the assignment." He stretched out the marker out to me.

"The question asks about the themes and styles in 'the pulley'. It displays mainly the two themes of origins and spirituality. It represents God as a benevolent, loving and caring father. When he created man, he bestowed upon him all his blessings."

"Brilliant." He said collecting his marker. "Please give her a round of applause."

"Bakare on fireee." Samuel yelled. One glare from the teacher shut him up instantly.

"I hope you all wrote extensively on the assignment because I'm not going to give any note. And you'll be having a test next class. See ya. Bakare, the notes." He packed his stuffs and left.

"Mehnnn, this man is something else o. And when I report, they'll say I'm the one sacking the teachers." Joseph Olatunbosun, often called Tibbi said. His father owns the school.

"I think you're just being extra." Ashley looks up as she adjusts her glasses.

"I'm just airing my opinions." Tibbi said as he turned in his note.

"I'm still waiting for the notes. I have like two minutes to spare. I don't want to hear 'Melinda wait' , 'Linda wait' 'Bakare naw' because I won't answer." I yawned.

"Bakare is a latecomer, a lazy and a sleepy head." Samuel mocked. The boy needs a filter.

"You're just stupid." I drawled as I took the notes.

I took the long route to the staff room to avoid greeting all the teachers. I got in quick, hoping no teacher saw me. Thankfully, Mr. Akinlade wasn't on seat, I'm sure the man was ready to interrogate me. Just as I thought I was lucky enough for no teacher saw me, the government teacher, Mr. Kolade called me. I groaned internally as I made my way towards him.

With him stood the Greek god of our class, the guy I had a crush on since year 10, the same guy almost all the girls in the school threw themselves at, the worst teachers enemy, the best student after me. Okay, I should probably stop with the descriptions.

"Bakare, I was about sending this young man to you." He gesticulated. I was already getting bored.

"So I called you to inform you that you'll be participating in the upcoming literary and debating competition in 'The Bells Secondary School'. You and Igbinedion would be participating along with this guy." Wait, what? If I wasn't listening before, I definitely heard 'with this guy'. Not that I don't want to work with him, but he'll be a...? Distraction??

"Ermm... Sir..." I wanted to protest against it.

"You have no excuse please. Details would be communicated later. In the meantime, you can drop your phone number. You're both dismissed." He continued with his lesson note.

"Looks like we'll be seeing more of each other." The guy, Harry smirked as he walked out of the staff room. I followed suit and could not get the image of his dimpled cheek off my mind.

Or I can occupy my mind with food.

I've decided to update once a week now since I discovered I'll get pretty busy during the week. Please ignore the errors!
Heyo... I'm not a literature student but I'm not sure I did write about 'the pulley'. I only did a little research on it. So pardon me if I didn't do enough.

Ahemm... We all have those kinds of teachers in our school, a Samuel and an Harry, I guess.

Do we think something is up with Ashley? Or she's just like that🤷🤷

We finally got to know the name of our lead female character, (if we haven't already) and a bit about her friend.

Sit still, for we are just about to get started 🔥

Vote, comment and share ✨🎉

Take care!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro