07| The Perfect Opportunity

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Kelly LeVonne

A few days after the match which had been as exciting as expected, I made plans with Alice and Arabelle to meet up for lunch today being Thursday. My mother couldn't make it as she went on a business trip with my father so it was just us.

I arrived at La Eleganté at exactly 1pm when we agreed to meet, handing the keys to my black sleek Mercedes to the valet. The restaurant is one for the high class as most in the country's capital are. Sometimes, paparazzi hang around to capture the people who come here.

As I saw in America, music, movie and other celebrities in the entertainment industry are the ones treated this way. Here, the elite class, socialites and royals are the celebrities.

Immediately, I walk in and give my name, I'm seated at a spot I had prior requested during the booking. Years ago, I often came here with my mother on saturdays after we've shopped to our satisfaction and been to the spa. It was a tradition that we never missed back then but we don't do that anymore.

"Kelly." Alice greets me with kisses on both my cheeks once she arrives which I reciprocate before greeting Arabelle the same way.

As usual, they both looked stunning with Alice in a simple peach dress and a white brooch paired with a gold Birkin purse and Arabelle in a grey Gucci sweater which she paired with Swarovski diamonds around her neck and a simple black skirt.

Almost immediately they arrived, a waitress comes to attend to us taking our orders.

As soon as she leaves, conversation begins with Arabelle making us all laugh as usual. I love Arabelle almost as if she were my mother. As my mother's close friend, I spent a lot of time with her growing up and she is unlike all these other snobbish elite older women who didn't know how to do anything other than gossip and talk about other people's businesses till their mouths fell off. I always knew I could trust Arabelle with anything. Same as Alice.

Our drinks are served and soon, our foods as well.

As we are digging in, Alice clinks her spoon on her glass of water lightly to get our attention before clearing her throat. "So, I was going to announce this at an official party but now seems a good time as ever and honestly the excitement is killing me! Anyway, Leo and I are gonna have a baby." She squeals.

I gasp before excitedly pulling her into a hug. "Oh my god, that's amazing. Congratulations!"

Her mom who is in brief shock overcomes it quickly and envelopes her in a tight hug. I can see her eyes gloss over and the joy on her face which brings an even bigger smile to mine.

"When did you guys find out?" I ask Alice as I tuck my hands under my chin.

"Well, I had been having some suspicions earlier because my breasts felt sore and I was feeling nauseous but then I missed my period, and I never miss my period, I immediately knew something was wrong so I went to the doctor a few days ago and she gave me the news. Later that night, I surprised Leonard with a cute shirt I got at a kids' shop saying 'Daddy's baby' on his pillow. Oh, you should have seen the expression on his face when he came out of the shower and saw it. He almost cried." She finished with a loud laughter.

I couldn't help but think how amazing that was.

"Now, I wanna cry." Arabelle says making us both laugh. She pulls Alice into another brief hug before we proceed with eating me with my mind highly occupied from this news.

I'm honestly so happy for Alice. We've always spoke about having kids and getting married and seeing how well that is going for her makes me excited and anxious at the same time.

Arabelle asks out of the blue, "What are you doing tomorrow, Kelly dear?"

"Just work. Why?"

"Well, I was wondering if we could go toy shopping."

"Arabelle." I say as the same time Alice exclams "Mom!"

"What?" Arabelle asks coyly before chuckling. "Although it's never too early, the toys are actually for Richard and Ronald." At their names I hang onto her words. "I want to visit them at the palace on Saturday since it's been a while and so I thought I should get them some toys."

I thought about it for a moment. "Well, I may not be free tomorrow but why don't you and I go on Saturday and then, if you'd like, I'd accompany you to visit them." I suggest in a slightly unbothered manner but really I was hoping she'd agree.

"Oh, that's will be wonderful, dear." Arabelle agrees with a wide smile which I reciprocate.

"I'm not sure I'll be able to make it. We have our first doctor's appointment on Saturday and this Friday is the opening of Opal's spa, I can't miss it, she'll kill me." Alice says apologetically.

"That's okay." Arabelle says with a dismissive wave before taking a forkful of her meal. "I'll just go with Kelly."

And then I realize that going there might be a gamble on whether I will see the King or not. I can't imagine he will be lounging at home on a Saturday like other citizens. But his kids are cute, I won't mind seeing them at all.

Please don't forget to vote, comment your thoughts, share and follow me for updates in the near future.💘

Also, I'm sorry I didn't update earlier. Something important came up. As an apology, I will be uploading three chapters today. Stay tuned for the remaining two!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro