26. Occlumency

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Y/N's POV

Draco had interrogated me thoroughly about my absence during lessons yesterday and I was sure that when I saw Hermione again she would also question me. It was worth missing a days worth of lessons, even though I was in my crucial O.W.L year and I knew I wouldn't get in trouble since Draco had made an excuse up for me. My memories had come back to me and everything that I forgot came back, from my childhood adventures to my first four years at Hogwarts. I could recall every single adventure I had with Harry, Ron and Hermione and sadly, I could remember every run-in we had with Draco and his friends.

I knew that staying civil to Draco would be essential to Dumbledore's plan for me and although I disagreed with his beliefs, when he wasn't surrounded by his parents or his friends, he seemed to be alright.

"F/N, Snape told me to give you this after our Potions lesson." Draco informed me, whilst handing me a piece of parchment.

I thanked Draco and when he left the dormitory to join the others in the Common Room, I unfolded the parchment and read the words:

Professor Dumbledore has asked me to teach you Occulumency, come to my classroom tonight at eight o'clock prompty.

The note was short but it contained everything I needed to know. Pocketing Snape's note, I made my way downstairs and left for the Great Hall for breakfast with the other Slytherins. When I arrived, Hermione looked at me and smiled and I smiled back, Draco noticed and scoffed at me before we sat down at the Slytherin table.

After breakfast came a full day of lessons, I had caught up with all the work I missed out on during my free period, thanks to Hermione, whom I met up with in the library. Like I predicted, she did ask me about why I wasn't in class but I merely just lied and told her I needed a day off since I wasn't feeling well. She countered that and asked if I needed to see Madam Pomfrey but I shook my head and told her that I was feeling slightly better.

That evening, after dinner, when everyone retired to the Common Room, I made my way to Snape's classroom, it was nearby to the Slytherin Common Room since both were in the Dungeons. Knocking on Snape's door I greeted the Professor and entered the room.

"Good evening, Y/N." Snape said, looking at me. He was part of the Order so he knew of my true identity. I knew that Snape didn't like me and had no problem expressing his distaste to me but I tried to remain civil to the Professor.

"Professor Dumbledore has asked me to teach you the art of Occulumency, where you close your mind from Legilimens from invading your mind and access your memories." Snape explained. "I am going to try and invade your mind, you will need to close it so that I cannot enter."

He didn't even say anything else, five minutes into our lesson and he already began invading my mind. The first time Snape invaded my mind, I couldn't block me out. He saw my memories with Hermione but I couldn't allow him to see anymore, with all my strength I blocked him from my mind.

"Congratulations," Snape said coldly, "you managed to kick me out but not after you let me access your memories."

I gritted my teeth. "Go again sir."

He tried again, and this time I closed my mind off to him. He couldn't enter.

"Well, I see you've gotten the hang of it. The Headmaster did tell me that it was possible you would already be skilled at this."

After a couple more times of Snape trying to invade my mind and me blocking him off. I decided to try it the other way round. Snape had no idea that I was going to invade his mind so he was not on his guard. I easily made my way into his past memories...

It was the O.W.L examination, there were students sitting a desks frantically writing answers down. In the distance I noticed someone very familiar...he has messy brown hair and piercing blue eyes, my father. Behind him was none other than Sirius Black, my real father. Next to Sirius was Harry's father, James and behind those two I noticed Professor Lupin and Peter Pettigrew. Surely my mother had to be here too...I looked around and I noticed her blonde hair. Near her was Harry's mother Lily and next to Lily was...my real mother Marissa? She was almost identical to me, she had my H/C hair and my E/C eyes and there were so many similarities.

I stopped analysing my real mother Marissa when I heard Professor Flitwick, who was standing at the front, telling everyone to stop writing. I looked around and glimpsed Snape a short way away, moving between the tables towards the doors to the entrance hall. A gang of girls separated Snape from my father, James, Sirius and Lupin, and by planting myself in their midst, I managed to keep Snape in sight while straining my ears to catch the voices of my father and his friends.

"Did you like question ten, Moony?" asked Sirius.

"Loved it," said Lupin briskly, "give five signs that identify the werewolf. Excellent question."

"D'you think you managed to get all the signs?" said my father in a tone of mock concern.

"Think I did," said Lupin seriously, "one: he's sitting on my chair. Two: he's wearing my clothes. Three: his name's Remus Lupin."

Wormtail was the only one who didn't laugh.

"I got the snout shape, the pupils of the eyes and the tufted tail," he said anxiously, "but I couldn't think what else-"

"How thick are you, Wormtail?" said James impatiently. "You run round with a werewolf once a month."

"Keep your voice down," implored Lupin.

The group of them made their way down to the lake and sat themselves down by a tree. "I'm bored," said Sirius, "wish it was full moon."

Lupin replied. "We've still got Transfiguration, if you're bored you could test me. Here..." and he held out his book.

Sirius snorted. "I don't need to look at that rubbish, I know it all."

"This'll liven you up, Padfoot," said my father quietly, "look who it is."

Sirius's head turned. He became very still. "Excellent," he said softly, "Snivellus."

Snape had come to where the five boys were.

"All right, Snivellus?" said James loudly.

Snape reacted so fast it was as though he had been expecting an attack: dropping his bag, he plunged his hand inside his robes and his wand was halfway into the air when James shouted. "Expelliarmus!"

Snape's wand flew twelve feet into the air and fell with a little thud in the grass behind him.

"Impedimenta!" my father said, pointing his wand at Snape, who was knocked off his feet.

Students all around had turned to watch. Some of them had got to their feet and were edging nearer. Some looked apprehensive, others entertained.

Snape lay panting on the ground. My father, James and Sirius advanced on him, wands raised.

"How'd the exam go, Snivelly?" said James.

"I was watching him, his nose was touching the parchment," said Sirius viciously, "there'll be great grease marks all over it, they won't be able to read a word."

Several people watching laughed; Snape was clearly unpopular.

"You wait!" he panted, staring up at my father, James and Sirius with an expression of purest loathing.

"Wait for what?" said my father coolly. "What're you going to do, Snivelly, wipe your nose on us?"

Snape let out a stream of mixed swear words and hexes, but with his wand ten feet away nothing happened.

"Wash out your mouth," said James coldly, "scourgify!"

Pink soap bubbles streamed from Snape's mouth at once; the froth was covering his lips, making him gag, choking him-

"Leave him alone!"

My father, James and Sirius looked round. It was Harry's mother. Alongside her were two other girls. My mother and Marissa.

"All right, Evans?" said James.

"Leave him alone," Lily repeated. She was looking at James with every sign of great dislike, "what's he done to you?"

"Well," said James, "it's more the fact that he exists, if you know what I mean..."

Many of the surrounding students laughed.

"You think you're funny," she said coldly, "but you're just an arrogant, bullying toerag, Potter. Leave him alone."

"I will if you go out with me, Evans," said James quickly, "go on...go out with me and I'll never lay a wand on old Snivelly again."

Behind him, Snape was beginning to inch towards his fallen wand, spitting out soapsuds as he crawled.

"I wouldn't go out with you if it was a choice between you and the giant squid," said Lily.

"Bad luck, Prongs," said Sirius before turning to Marissa, "but whilst we're on the topic, how about you go out with me King?"

Marissa looked at Sirius and laughed, she just laughed at him. "Oh when will you ever learn Sirius, I'll never go out with you.

My mother looked at my father, almost sadly. "I thought you were better than this Steven..."

My father opened his mouth but couldn't say anything because Snape's hexes had worn off and he had grabbed his wand and sent a curse right to James' face.

There was a flash of light and a gash appeared on the side of James' face, spattering his robes with blood. James whirled around: a second flash of light later, Snape was hanging upside-down in the air, his robes falling over his head to reveal skinny, pallid legs and a pair of greying underpants.
Many people in the small crowd cheered, my father, Sirius, James and Wormtail roared with laughter.

Lily, whose furious expression had twitched for an instant as though she was going to smile, said. "Let him down!"

"Certainly," said James and he jerked his wand upwards; Snape fell into a crumpled heap on the ground. Disentangling himself from his robes he got quickly to his feet, wand up, but Sirius said. "Petrificus Totalus!" and Snape keeled over again, rigid as a board.

"Take the curse off him!" Lily said.

James sighed deeply, then turned to Snape and muttered the counter-curse. "There you go, you're lucky Evans was here, Snivellus-"

"I don't need help from filthy little Mudbloods like her!"

Lily blinked, Marissa and my mother were now looking at Snape in shock.

"Fine," Lily said coolly. "I won't bother in future. And I'd wash your pants if I were you, Snivellus."

I never saw what happened next for I was blocked out and I was back in Snape's classroom.

"You finally saw how arrogant both your fathers were?" Snape said coldly.

I didn't say anything.

"Get out!" Snape said in a dangerous tone. "Get out. You don't need to come back. You already know enough."

Following his instructions, I left the room, thinking about my father's time in school. I knew he was a prankster but I didn't know that he would relentlessly bully Snape alongside the others. I suddenly felt guilt for my father's actions, both of them. Sirius and my father Steven.

I couldn't lie, both my fathers were as arrogant as Snape had always told me.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro