🥀 10. 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 hope doubles

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Double update-
Enjoy!🌸

A Week Later

Jungkook was sitting at her desk in the office room when the sound of footsteps approaching caught her attention. She looked up to see one of the employees standing at the door, a small bag clutched in his hand.

"Good morning," he greeted her. "Mr. Kim asked me to keep these clothes in his office. They're his clothes for today's board meeting."

Jungkook's lips curved into a warm smile as she accepted the bag from him. "Thank you," she replied.

She carefully placed the bag on the small table beside the sofas, making sure it was safely tucked away. Jungkook drafted files at her desk, her mind drifted to thoughts of Taehyung, and her fingers absentmindedly began twirling the pencil as she went into deep thinking.

Memories of their interactions flickered through her mind, each one was a reminder of the uneven relationship between them.

"From the moment I met him, I always gave him reasons to irritate and made myself a fool," she murmured softly to herself, the end of the pencil was being nibbled by the soft pillowy lips.

With a furrowed brow, Jungkook couldn't help but dwell on the realization that she had constantly given Taehyung reason to be irritated with her, her own actions sometimes leading to misunderstandings and frustration.

"What if he grows tired of my antics and fires me?" she thought aloud.

'Click'

The pencil dropped on the polished ground as Jungkook stood up from the seat. The possibility of losing her job sent a shiver down her spine.

But as quickly as the fear had surfaced, Jungkook pushed it aside, "No, never. I need to be in his good books. Mission impressing Mr. Kim starts."

"What should I do?" Jungkook muttered, her voice filled with frustration as she paced back and forth in the office, her brows furrowed in deep concentration.

Jungkook paused abruptly, her mind racing with a whirlwind of thoughts and possibilities.

Should I approach Mr Kim directly and attempt to clear the air between us?

Or perhaps should I focus on my work and show him my dedication?

With a sigh, Jungkook ran a hand through her hair, her thoughts swirling like a turbulent storm.

Finally, Jungkook's eyes lit up with a spark of encouragement as they landed on the bag containing Taehyung's clothes. A smile tugged at the corners of her lips, brown orbs twinkling with excitement.

"Idea!" she exclaimed softly, her voice filled with newfound enthusiasm. "I will lay out his clothes before he comes. Yes!"

With high energy, Jungkook set to work. The younger carefully unpacked the contents of the bag and arranged Taehyung's clothes with care. With a satisfied smile, Jungkook stepped back to admire the work, pride swelling within her chest.

Jungkook looks around the office to do something more. Suddenly her attention went to the small kitchenette in the corner of the office. Jungkook thought about preparing a cup of coffee for Taehyung.

Soon the coffee finished brewing and Jungkook poured it into the mug with a steady hand. Wth careful baby steps, jungkook placed the steaming cup beside Taehyung's clothes.

"There," she murmured, her voice soft yet filled with pride. "Now everything is ready for him."

A giggle escaped Jungkook's lips as she imagined Taehyung praising her hard work.

"Now he will say, 'Miss Jeon, I'm proud of you,'" Jungkook spoke.

Jungkook squinted her eyes and bent when she saw a small creature on the white shirt.

"Ayyyo!
You tiny bug! Planning to destroy my hard work. Let me shoo you away," Jungkook muttered under her breath, she returned with a piece of paper in hand to get Taehyung's shirt rid of the unwelcome intruder.

When Jungkook attempted to remove the bug from Taehyung's shirt she felt a sudden sensation on her hand. A shiver ran down her spine as she realized, to her horror, that the bug had crawled back onto her skin.

A wave of disgust washed over Jungkook as she felt the tiny legs of the insect moving slowly across her hand. Bugs were the living beings Jungkook despised the most, their creepy crawly movements always filled her body with an overwhelming unease.

Desperately, Jungkook flicked her hand in an attempt to throw the bug away. Once again, Jungkook shook her hand violently. But in her fast attempts to rid herself of an unwelcome intruder, another disaster struck.

The force of Jungkook's movement caused her hand to jerk against the cup of coffee. Bamm! the coffee mug falls on the table. the mug turned over and its contents spilt out directly onto Taehyung's white shirt.

Jungkook's eyes widened in horror as she watched the coffee splatter across the fabric, staining it with large blotches. Fear washed over her as she looked at the damage, her heart falling with each passing second.

"Oh no," she gasped, her voice filled with fear as she surveyed the ruined shirt before her.

"I can't believe this is happening."

Frantically, Jungkook reached out to grab a nearby napkin, her hands trembling. Desperately, she tried to remove the coffee stains, her mind racing with thoughts of how to save the situation before it was too late.

But no matter how hard the younger tried, the damage was already done. The once-white shirt now bore the unmistakable marks of her carelessness.

With a heavy sigh, Jungkook knew that she would have to face the consequences of her mistake. There was no escaping the fact that she had caused damage to Taehyung's property, and she would have to take responsibility for her actions.

Suddenly, the door cracked open and Miss Clara approached Jungkook. She frowned and went towards Jungkook who stood like a statue in the middle of the office. She raised her hand and gently placed it on Jungkook's shoulder, Jungkook flinched at the unexpected touch.

Startled, Jungkook turned to face Miss Clara, her eyes wide as she braced herself for the older woman's reaction.

"What happened?" Miss Clara asked while looking at the scene before her. Jungkook could sense the concern in her tone

Unable to find the words to explain, Jungkook simply pointed towards the mess on the table, her heart sinking as Miss Clara's gaze followed her gesture. With a sharp intake of breath, Miss Clara gasped loudly, her eyes widening in shock as she took in the sight before her.

"Oh my goodness," she exclaimed, her voice filled with disbelief as she surveyed the coffee-stained shirt and the overturned mug. "What happened here?"

Jungkook swallowed hard, her throat suddenly dry as she struggled to find the right words to explain.

Clara's comforting hand on Jungkook's shoulder made jungkook cry. With a choked sob, Jungkook felt tears welling up in her eyes.

"I-I'm sorry," Jungkook managed to choke out, her voice thick as tears streamed down her cheeks. "I-I didn't mean to mess everything up. I-I was just trying to...to..."

Her words turned into incoherent sobs, the degree of her carelessness hitting her with brutal force. Clara's expression softened and she pulled Jungkook into a hug, her arms offering a safe shelter amidst the storm of emotions raging inside Jungkook.

"It's alright, Jungkook," Clara murmured soothingly, "We'll figure this out together. You're not alone."

Jungkook nodded, her heart heavy with guilt.

Jungkook's mind raced with thoughts and ideas as she paced back and forth, her brow furrowed in concentration as she pondered her plan.

"Clara," Jungkook began as she turned to her colleague. "Can you stand at the entrance and take care of Mr. Kim's arrival? I have an idea."

Clara nodded, her expression filled with curiosity.  "Of course, Jungkook. What do you need me to do?"

Jungkook's lips curved into a determined smile as she summarized her plan to Clara.

•—————🥀—————•

Jungkook dialled a particular number.

"Hello, Jimin? I need your help."

"Yes, of course," Jimin replied, " Blurt out,"

"I need you to sneak into your brother's closet and search for a white shirt," Jungkook said, her voice low as she glanced around the room, ensuring that no one was listening in on their conversation.

"The company name on the shirt is La Vei's. Please, Jimin," Jungkook pleaded, "I need that shirt as soon as possible. Can you do it?"

"Ok, wait a minute," Jimin spoke.

Jungkook nibbled her lower lips as she heard some shuffling from the other side.

"Got it," Jimin confirmed.

Jungkook's smile widened at Jimin's response.

"Thank you. Now send this shirt through the driver's hand to the office," she instructed, her words coming out in a rush as she fumbled with her dress in her haste. "And inform the driver not to give the shirt directly to Mr. Kim. Tell him to be present in the basement parking."

"Noted,"

•—————🥀—————•

Jungkook's heart jumped when her phone rang, the sound echoing through the quiet office. With trembling fingers, she answered the call, her breath catching in her throat as she waited to hear the driver's voice on the other end.

"Hello?" Jungkook said while holding the phone to her ear.

"Miss Jeon," came the voice on the other end, "I'm currently waiting in the basement parking lot."

Jungkook's smile widened at the driver's words, "Thank you so much. I am really grateful for your help. Please be there! I'm coming,"

Jungkook hurried down to the basement, her footsteps echoing against the concrete walls as she made her way towards the waiting driver. She approached the waiting area, Jungkook spotted the driver standing beside his car, a small package in his hand.

"Miss Jeon," the driver said, "I have the shirt right here."

Jungkook returned the driver's smile and took the package from him. "Thank you so much for your help."

With a nod, Jungkook turned and hurried back towards the elevator, the package clutched tightly in her hand. Jungkook frowned when she found Clara calling her. She received the call and before she could speak, Clara exclaimed from the other side.

"Jungkook! CODE RED!
Mr kim is on the ground floor. Be aware"

Jungkook's heart skipped a beat as she heard the code from Clara, her stomach churning with fear.

Code red means Mr. Kim is near Jungkook. She quickly glanced around the basement, her eyes scanning the area for any sign of Taehyung's arrival.

With a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach, Jungkook realized that she was running out of time. She needed to act fast if she wanted to avoid running into Taehyung before she had a chance to lay out the shirt for him.

Taking a deep breath to steady her nerves, Jungkook made a split-second decision. She turned on her heel and darted towards the nearest staircase, her footsteps echoing loudly against the concrete walls as she raced towards the upper floors.

Hurriedly Jungkook climbed the stairs two at a time, mind racing with thoughts of what she would do next. She needed to find a way to intercept Taehyung before he reached the office, or all her efforts would be in vain.

But seems like fate is something else!

Jungkook's heart settled down in her throat as she rounded a corner on the staircase and came face to face with Taehyung who was descending the same stairs. Time seemed to slow to a crawl as their eyes met, surprise flashed in Taehyung's gaze as he saw Jungkook.

Fear-filled doe eyes stuck on the black charcoal ones.

For a moment, neither of them moved, the air heavy as they stood frozen in place. Jungkook's mind raced with a million thoughts, her heart pounding in her chest as she searched for the right words to say.

"Mr. Kim," she finally managed to stammer out, her voice barely above a whisper as she took a hesitant step forward.

Taehyung's expression remained unreadable, he just stared at her, without any word. Jungkook swallowed hard, her throat suddenly dry as she struggled to find her voice.

"I-I... I was just..." Jungkook began, her voice faltering as she searched for an explanation. "I was on my way to... to..."

Her words trailed off, her mind racing as she searched for a reasonable excuse. She could feel Taehyung's gaze boring into her, his eyes sharp and surveying as he waited for her response.

"Are you lost?" Taehyung asked with a slight tilt of his head, a smirk playing on his lips.

Jungkook's cheeks flushed with embarrassment and she shook her head quickly. "N-no, I'm not lost," she stammered, her words tumbling out in a rush. "I was just... um... I thought I heard something up here and I wanted to check it out."

Her explanation sounded weak even to her own ears, and Jungkook mentally cursed herself for her lack of confidence. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Taehyung broke the silence with a slow nod.

"Very well," he said, "Just be careful. It's not safe to wander around alone."

With that, Taehyung descend the stairs, passing by Jungkook, leaving Jungkook standing alone on the staircase. She let out a shaky breath, her hands trembling slightly as she tried to steady herself. Jungkook took a deep breath and moved her leg to step forward.

"Miss Jeon," Taehyung called out, his tone commanding yet strangely gentle.

But Jungkook's heart skipped a beat as she heard Taehyung's voice behind her, causing her to freeze in her tracks. She turned slowly to face him, her stomach churning.

"Yes, Mr. Kim?" Jungkook replied, trying to keep her voice steady despite the butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

Taehyung moved toward her with long steps, his expression serious as he stopped in front of her. "I just wanted to say,"

Jungkook held her breath, her heart pounding in her chest as she waited for him to continue. After a moment, Taehyung finally spoke, his voice soft yet firm.

"Be careful," he said, his gaze locking with hers.

"There are dangers lurking in the shadows and I would hate to see anything happen to you."

Jungkook's breath caught in her throat at his words, her eyes widening in surprise. She had never heard Taehyung speak to her with such concern before, and she found herself at a loss for words.

"Th-thank you, Mr. Kim," Jungkook stammered out finally, "I'll... I'll be careful."

With a nod, Taehyung turned and walked away, leaving Jungkook standing alone in the stairwell, her mind shaking with his words. Jungkook stood rooted to the spot, her cheeks flushing crimson as she processed Taehyung's unexpected words. She couldn't deny the warmth that spread through her at his concern, nor the fluttering sensation in her stomach at the intensity of his gaze.

Once again Jungkook replayed their brief exchange in her mind and felt a rush of emotions wash over her. She had always known Taehyung to be a man of few words, his aura cold and distant, yet his last words had stirred something within her.

With a shaky breath, Jungkook pressed a hand to her burning cheeks. With a final glance over her shoulder, Jungkook turned and continued on her way, her cheeks still tinged with a rosy blush as she pondered the mysterious man who had left such a profound impact on her heart.

'Get a grip, Jeon jungkook! You are engaged to Mr Sangwoon.'

Jungkook's internal monologue echoed in her mind as she scolded herself for allowing her thoughts to drift towards Taehyung. She shook her head, trying to remove the warmth in her cheeks and refocus her thoughts on her fiancé, Lee Sangwoon.

"Yes, you're right," she murmured to herself, her voice firm as she reminded herself of her commitment to Sangwoon. She couldn't afford to let herself be distracted by thoughts of Taehyung, no matter how fascinating he may be.

•—————🥀—————•

Later in the evening

"Mr Kim, the meeting is going to start in a few minutes. Everyone is waiting for your presence," Jungkook spoke as she held the door of the office. She looked at Taehyung who wearing the corrupted white shirt.

Her eyes momentarily went to the table where she made a mess a few hours ago. Well, it was clean now, thanks to Clara's help.

"Sure, let's go," Taehyung walked towards the door and looked at his secretary who was looking in a particular direction.

"Miss Jeon?" Taehyung cleared his throat and gained Jungkook's attention.

Jungkook flinched and looked at Taehyung in a daze. And then nodded. Taehyung turned back and began to move forward followed by his secretary.

"Thank God, he didn't notice the difference in his shirt," Jungkook took a deep breath of relief.

••—————🥀—————•

Setting: Baker's Street

Jungkook huffed as she sat on the ground. Her foamy hands vigorously scrubbed the white shirt. The soft glow of the moon cast gentle shadows across the backyard. Jungkook stood up to bring the water. She turned on the faucet and washed the lather off the shirt.

The stubborn stain stubbornly refused to budge despite her best efforts. Frustration chewed at her insides as she glanced down at the shirt, the coffee stain standing out starkly against the pristine white fabric.

With a sigh, Jungkook turned off the tap and reached for a towel, drying her face and hands before tossing the towel aside. She glanced around the messy backyard.

Jungkook held the washed shirt and hung it on the rope to dry.

After cleaning the backyard, Jungkook turned away and made her way out. the soft click of the door echoing in the quiet room as Jungkook stepped inside. The younger towards the almirah took out her money box where her savings were kept secure.

Jungkook's heart sank as she counted the notes from her money box, her fingers moving slowly over each note as she tallied up the total. With each bill she counted, her hopes of being able to afford the shirt decreased further, until finally, she arrived at the grand total – ₹15,000.

"15,000? Will it be enough?" Jungkook spoke to herself.

The younger reached for her phone, her fingers trembling slightly as she searched for the website where she had seen the shirt. Her heart sank even further as she confirmed the price – the shirt cost more than her entire savings.

"₹32,999!" Jungkook gasped and her eyes widened.

Sadness engulfed Jungkook as she stared at the screen, the reality of her financial situation hitting her like a ton of bricks. How was she supposed to afford the shirt when it cost more than she had to her name? It seemed like an impossible task, one that left her feeling helpless and defeated.

"Why does that cold meanie man need this expensive shirt?" Jungkook whined and threw away her phone.

With a heavy heart, Jungkook slumped back against her bed, her mind racing with thoughts of what to do next. She knew that she couldn't just ignore the situation – she had to find a solution, no matter how discouraging the task may seem.

•—————🥀—————•

Next Day

Jungkook stepped out of the taxi and grabbed her belongings.

She paid the driver and went towards the entrance of the building. Jungkook looked at the paper bag in her hands and smiled slightly.

"I hope I can earn forgiveness from Mr Kim." Jungkook thought as she pressed the button of the lift.

Within a few minutes, she reached the floor where Taehyung's office was present.

Jungkook entered the office after hearing a faint come in. Jungkook stood at the threshold of Taehyung's office, her heart pounding like in the next second it would leap out from her chest.

"Good morning, Mr. Kim," she greeted, the usual chirpiness was missing. Her mind raced, tangled in thoughts of the consequences she would face once her boss got to know the truth.

"Morning," Taehyung replied curtly, barely looking up from the papers on his desk. His attention returned to his work, but Jungkookfelt every second heavy in that room.

Jungkook hesitated, "Mr. Kim? If you aren't too busy, could I... could I please talk to you about something important? It... it requires your attention."

The words slipped out of her in a single breath, a nervous rush that she couldn't control. Taehyung's hand froze mid-motion. His pen hovered above the paper as he slowly lifted his gaze to meet hers. There was something in the way she spoke—so formal, so unlike her usual behaviour—that piqued his curiosity.

Why was his secretary acting so strange?

"Go ahead," he responded and gestured for her to continue, a silent command that made Jungkook's pulse quicken.

Jungkook's fingers fumbled with the packet in her hands. She could feel the intensity of his gaze and it made her wish she could disappear into the floor.

"Yesterday... the shirt you wore to the board meeting..." she started, her voice trembling. She hesitated, the words caught in her throat. Taehyung's eyes bore into her, demanding the truth.

"Please continue, Miss Jeon," Taehyung said, rising from his seat slowly.

Jungkook's throat tightened, and she closed her eyes, summoning the courage to speak. "It wasn't... it wasn't the one you ordered."

Silence hung between them, heavy and suffocating. Jungkook's heart drummed in her ears as she waited for his response. She dared not look up, her eyes fixed on the floor.

"I know," Taehyung's voice was calm, almost too calm, and it sent a shiver down her spine.

Jungkook's eyes snapped open in shock, her head jerking up to meet his gaze. "What?" she whispered, her voice barely audible, his words crashing over her like a tidal wave.

Taehyung took a step closer, "Did you really think I wouldn't notice, Miss Jeon?" he murmured, his voice a low, dangerous whisper. "I'm not the one who can be easily deceived."

Jungkook's breath hitched, her hands trembling as she stood frozen under his predatory gaze. Every cell of her body screamed to run, but the way Taehyung looked at her—so cold, so commanding—held her in place.

"Now, enlighten me—what truly happened to the original shirt? Because the one I wore was unmistakably from my own closet."

Taehyung stepped close and crossed his arms in front of his chest. Jungkook could barely keep her composure, her pulse quickening.

"H-How did you know?" she stammered.

Taehyung let out a low hum, his eyes never leaving hers. "It's simple, really. A newly purchased shirt wouldn't carry the same scent as one that's been in my wardrobe. Care to explain yourself?"

"I... I, the shirt..." Jungkook squirmed under Taehyung's penetrating gaze. Her hands fidgeted nervously, fingers twisting the fabric of her dress as she struggled to find the right words. She felt like a child caught in a lie and the moment made her throat constrict.

Taehyung said nothing, his eyes narrowing slightly as he waited for her to continue.

Finally, Jungkook forced herself to speak, pushing her fear aside. "I accidentally damaged it... because of the coffee."

Jungkook glanced up at Taehyung, observing his reaction, but his expression remained unreadable, a mask concealing the true emotions.

With trembling hands, Jungkook reached into her bag and pulled out the shirt. She hesitated for a moment before extending it toward Taehyung. Taehyung took the shirt from her and unfolded the shirt slowly. His eyes scanned the fabric, pausing on the stains.

Jungkook bit her lip, watching him closely, her stomach twisting in knots. Taehyung looked up at her, his gaze piercing her soul like a knife. "I see," he finally said.

Jungkook's eyes dropped to the floor, her shoulders slumping slightly under his gaze.

It's now or never! Go for it Jungkook.

"I'm sorry for the damage. I just wanted to help so I thought to lay the shirt out nicely for you and then I also kept the coffee for you. But a tiny living organism ruined my efforts. He sat on your shirt and I tried to shoo him away. Then he crawled on my skin and I panicked and knocked out the coffee mug and then this happened," Jungkook pouted after telling the truth.

All this time, Taehyung's gaze was struck by the pretty features of his secretary. He saw how her lips were in a pout, how many times Jungkook nibbled them and at last, he saw the sadness covering the pretty features.

The eyes which hold the galaxy were dim today and the natural chirpiness in Jungkook's voice was absent.

In short, the person who entered the office was the guilty Jungkook.
Not the one who brings liveness to the office.

"Mr Kim," Taehyung came out of his gaze when Jungkook forwarded a white envelope.

"This envelope had 15,000 rupees. Once I will get the money I will pay the rest of the balance. Please accept it," Jungkook spoke.

"I refuse to accept the money. Your honesty impressed me, Miss Jeon. I'm proud of you. Go back to your work. And dismiss this matter," Taehyung turned back and sat on his chair.

On the other hand, Jungkook was in shock. Jungkook felt a wave of relief wash over her as Taehyung accepted her apology with unexpected warmth. The tension that had been knotting her stomach all morning finally flew away. She gave him a grateful smile and nodded, her eyes shining.

"Thank you," she whispered, barely able to contain her emotions.

Jungkook left Taehyung's office and returned to her own workspace. Yes, her own workspace. A radiant smile spread across her face. Jungkook felt lighter like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. And it was true though. Her steps were bouncy as she walked down the hallway.

Once at her desk, Jungkook settled into her chair and hugged herself, a giggle escaping her lips. She couldn't believe how well things had gone. She'd been so nervous, but Taehyung had appreciated her honesty and even praised her honesty. She felt pride and happiness and her heart swelled with joy.

She twirled her pen in her fingers, still smiling. "Finally, I did it!" she whispered to herself, her eyes twinkling.

"He was impressed by my honesty. He is proud of me. Like Mr Kim taehyung is proud of Jeon jungkook," Jungkook gasped and buried her head between the files on her table.

The younger one couldn't stop the happy giggle that bubbled up inside her. Jungkook raised her head and cupped her cheeks when she felt them heating up. Jungkook looked at her reflection and was amazed by the vibrant glow on her face.

"Guess what Mr Ice Cube! You never fail to mess with my mind. On no, you aren't an ice cube anymore," Jungkook thought with a small yet shy smile as she drew random patterns on her table.

✰•・∙✰•・∙✰•・∙✰

Dear readers, do drop a heart if you enjoy reading this book.
Hope you love it.
Note: from now on, chapters will be big and with a dash of more taekook's interaction.

Be ready *evil smirk*
✧✦✧

Thank you!
Happy Reading🌸

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro