Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I walked into school the next week with my face blank of any emotion. The first thing I felt when I walked through the school doors was an impact of a strong hug. I instantly recognized Azera's black hair in braids and hugged her back tightly, my fists gripping her shirt.

We let go and just walked to science silently, no noise made. People let us through and everyone was staring at me sympathetically. When we made it to science I sat down and took our paper to do my bell ringer.

The sound of the chair across from me screeching pulled me out of my thoughts and I looked up to see Noah sitting down. We caught eyes and he gave me a small nod and I just looked down and continued to work.

"Jane?" He whispered quietly, like he didn't want anyone to hear him talking to me.

"What?" I hissed back.

"Things will get better."

I walked out of school to be greeted with a lady wearing a fur coat and knitted hat. She walked over to me and put her hands on my cheeks.

I looked at her in confusion but then they widened in realization. I pulled her in for a tight hug and silently cried in her coat while she gently ran her fingers through my hair.

"It's okay. I'm here." Her warm voice said for the second time I've ever heard her speak.

"Thank you." I whispered back.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro