36 • 三十六

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

- Jeon Jungkook's POV -

"Hey, guys." I spoke sleepily, leaning on the table with my head resting in my hand. With my other hand I was scrolling through records of Min Yoongi's activity, not seeming to find much about his career. He said he worked at a mattress store?
"What?" Mingyu replied in a dull, monotone voice. It was currently 10:25pm, and the four of us have been working all day. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if we spent the night here. Me, Jisoo and Mingyu were all on computers looking for any evidence whilst Minho looked at information on anyone who had any contact with Min Yoongi.

"I forgot to say before, but I found out what room Sehun is in." I told them, and they all glanced at me.
"Did you see him?" Jisoo asked.
"No, but I saw that doctor who said he knew him." I explained. "His name is Lu Han."
"Should we go visit him tomorrow?" Mingyu asked us all.
"I think we should." Minho sighed, flicking through a folder. "It's the least we can do since we were the ones who got him in that mess."
"Yeah," I exhaled, slouching further in my seat.

"Jungkook." Jisoo took out an earphone. "Come and look at this." I stood up, walking over to stand behind Jisoo, and she handed me an earphone. She'd managed to secure a copy of the CCTV recorded on the night where we went to the barn. The night I heard Minseo's voice.
"Can you see in the far corner there?" She asked me, pointing in the top corner of the barn. "There's a speaker."

We then heard Minseo's voice scream "stop it" and "don't shoot", and as Jisoo suspected, the noise came from the speakers.
"So she wasn't in the room?" I asked, and she nodded.
"And by the looks of it..." Mingyu interrupted, staring at the speaker. It's quite old, and is connected via a wire." He pointed the wire out to us, and Minho had joined in too.

"So.....?" Minho pursued.
"That means since it's that old, the wire needs to be connected to the microphone that was used." Mingyu told us.
"So we can follow the wire back to the source?" I asked, and Mingyu nodded.
"Then what are we waiting for?" Jisoo asked, abruptly standing up. "Let's go track the wire!"
"No," Minho sighed. "Not now. We'll go tomorrow."
"Why?" Mingyu asked.

"Who here feels that they can be alert, active and ready for a shootout at this very second?" Minho asked sarcastically, and the three of us glanced at each other shyly.
"Exactly." Minho exhaled, standing up. "Let's go home and get some rest, then tomorrow we'll be prepped to go find the source."
"Okay," we all sighed, walking over to pack up our things.

"See you tomorrow!" We all yelled, and I set off back to the dorms.

- Lee Minseo's POV -

When I woke up, I was met with a pair of eyes staring straight into mine. For a minute I just stared back, too drowsy to realise what was going on - or who it was - but then my brain finally decided to kick in.

It was Min Yoongi.

"AHH!" I yelled, moving back and sitting up. He was crouched on the side of my bed, but fell back when I yelled.
"What the hell?" He laughed a little, standing up off the floor. He was dressed in a t-shirt and jeans, and stood with his hand in his pocket.

"Why are you here?" I asked, covering my body with the quilt. "You didn't do anything... did you?" I asked suspiciously, to which he chuckled again.
"No, I didn't." He told me seriously. "I would never."

I just stared at him again for a while, with an eyebrow slightly raised. We stayed like that for a while, but when he looked at me in the eye - just for a split second - my heart skipped a beat. I purposely coughed, breaking the eye contact and getting up out of bed.
"Can you leave so I can get dressed?" I asked Yoongi awkwardly.
"You're giving me orders now?" He retorted cheekily, standing up out of the bed. He sent a smile in my direction, but I looked away.

"Oh, you fixed the door." I pointed out, noticing that it was back on its hinges again.
"That's why I was here," he sighed. "You slept through it all, and when they were done I was shocked at how well you slept."
"Wow, classic me." I mumbled, and heard him chuckle.

"Meet me downstairs," He ordered. "We're having breakfast. My choice."
"Sure." I sighed, picking out the clothes I was gonna wear. Nothing fancy, since I probably wasn't going anywhere special. Making my way downstairs and into the kitchen, I saw Yoongi sat at the table, and he gestured for me to join him.

"So," I began. "What are we having?"
"Bagels." He told me.
"What?"
"A bagel." He repeated. "You know, a piece of bread that's the shape of a doughnut? It just doesn't have icing on it."
"Oh, right." I smiled sheepishly, looking down. Suddenly, one of the buff guys dressed in a black suit walked into the kitchen, whispering something into Yoongi's ear.

"Get rid of it then." Yoongi replied out loud to him. "Cut it off, don't let them find it." The guy in black nodded, silently walking back out the door.
"Get rid of what?" I asked, sending him a glance.
"Oh, someone dumped some rubbish all over the drive, so I told them to get rid of it." He told me, and then the bagels arrived, stacked on a plate in the middle of the table.

"Dig in." He smiled. Something tells me he's lying...

- Jeon Jungkook's POV -

We all got out of Minho's car, arriving at the barn we were at a couple of days ago. It was light now, and I could see that the barn was very well kept, despite the dilapidated appearance. We held our guns tightly, making our way into the barn. We saw the speaker in the corner, and followed the wire down the barn wall to the floor, to see that it went underneath the structure.

"We'll go round." Mingyu told us, as him and Jisoo ran out the door and round to the other side.
"Found it?" Minho asked.
"Yeah, we've got it." Jisoo replied, and me and Minho also made our way round to the back.

"Look." Mingyu pointed to a telegraph pole. "Can you see? The wire goes up the telegraph pole and is disguised as a power line."
"That clever little bastard." Minho cursed, staring at the long line of wires leading off through the fields.
"But look." Jisoo began. "The speaker wire is navy blue, but the rest are black. The speaker wire is also a lot thinner that the power lines, so it's easier to spot."

"Okay then, let's follow it." I sighed, also looking up at the long line.
"Why don't two of us follow the wire, and the other two drive in my car on the road over there." Minho suggested, gesturing to the road about 10 metres away.
"Okay, and we can take it in shifts." Jisoo added.
"Me and Jungkook will follow first then." Mingyu offered, and everyone nodded.

Once the other two were out of sight, Mingyu turned to face me.
"Aren't they cute." He giggled, almost like a schoolgirl, and I gave him a funny look as we began our trek.
"What are you on about?" I asked him.
"Oh come on," he sighed. "Don't tell me you haven't noticed it."
"Noticed what?" I pursued.
"I'm pretty sure they're going out." Mingyu told me.
"What? Jisoo and Minho?" I asked, and Mingyu nodded.

"Haven't you noticed any of it?" Minho glanced at me as we walked along. "They always arrive at work at the same time. They always leave together after work. She calls him Minho-Oppa, not Minho-nim, and hell, he even stares at her when he's bored."
"Wow, I never expected that one." I mumbled.
"No, I didn't either at first." He replied.

"So, how are you holding up?" Mingyu asked me after a short silence. "You're the one that seems to be putting up with the worst of everything; are you okay?" I thought for a while, and I guess he's right. I lost Yugyeom, Jimin's in hospital, Yoongi turned out to be a murderer and Minseo was kidnapped.
"Yeah, I'm doing alright." I sighed. "But, I don't think what I'm going through compares to what Minseo's going through, or Jimin, and even Sehun, you know?" I looked at Mingyu, and he nodded. "I feel like they're worse off than I am."
"Yeah," Mingyu sighed.

"And even Minseo's mum," I added. "Everyday she calls me to see if we've found Minseo yet, and everyday I have to let her down and say that we haven't." I took a deep breath. "It makes me feel like I'm not trying hard enough, and even though she tells me not to work too hard or stress over it, there's not much else I can do besides doing just that."
"Jungkook," Mingyu interrupted. "Don't feel like it's your fault, because it's not. And don't feel like you're not trying hard enough, because I know that we're all working non-stop to catch the criminal."

It went silent for a bit, but then I spotted something in the distance.
"Look over there." I pointed, and Mingyu's eyes followed the line to see that a telegraph pole had been knocked over.
"Shit." Mingyu cursed, and the two of us ran over as fast as we could. When we got there, we looked for the blue wire, but when we found it, it had been cut off.

The other end had disappeared.

"Tell the others." Mingyu told me, and I pulled out the walkie-talkie from my pocket.
"Minho, are you there? Over." I spoke.
"I'm here, what is it? Over." I heard a reply.
"The telegraph pole was knocked down. The navy wire's been cut and the other end has disappeared. Over." I told him. I didn't hear a reply for a bit, but then I heard the sound of a car, so I turned around and looked at the road to see Minho's car come speeding along, and it stopped opposite us. The car pulled over, and Minho and Jisoo got out the car, running over.

"Well fuck." Minho cursed, running a hand through his hair as Jisoo pulled out her phone. What do we do now?"
"Can't we just follow the rest of the wires?" Mingyu asked. "It's bound to lead somewhere."
"Sorry," Jisoo butted in. "But further down the power line splits off into five different directions - three of those lead to housing estates." She showed us her phone, and we saw a map of the power lines. "So following it would be useless."

"I can set a couple teams to work on it and follow them, and they can show us all the suspicious places connected to this specific power line." Minho told us. "But it'll take a few weeks to get that done."
"It's better than nothing." I sighed.
"So, it's back to square one." Jisoo sighed, and we all began to walk back to the car.

♥︎
thank you for reading
please remember to vote

Word Count: 1908

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro