Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

( I KNOW WHAT YOU
DID LAST SUMMER )

RESTAURANT
[ ☼ ]

Elena and Sam sit at a round table, ordering food. They both have their menus open and are sneaking flirty glances at each other. Elena leans forward. "So what's the special occasion?" Elena asks as she puts down her menu.

"I can't do something nice for my girlfriend?" Sam asks.

"You can, but it's a little suspicious." Elena says.

Sam frowns a little as the Waiter comes by. "What will it be?"

"We'll have the steak." Sam says.

Elena puts up a finger. "Oh, and some red wine please." She says and the Man leaves.

"Since when do you drink red wine?" Sam asks, smiling.

"A lady likes to indulge you know."

Sam smiles. "Alright." He says.

Sam and Elena walk back to the motel. "Well that was fun." Elena says.

"It felt similar to a first date." Sam says and rocks on his heels.

"Well, it was a great first date." Elena flirts.

Sam sighs. "I just wanted to do something for you." He says softly.

"Okay, what's your deal?" Elena asks.

"What?"

"I've been under the impression that you've been hiding something from me." Elena says. "What's so awful that you have to lie to me?"

"Elena-"

"So tell me, what happened when I wasn't there?" She asks.

"It's not something I like to talk about." Sam says.

"I get that. I do. I just want you to know that you can." Elena says. "I mean, I burdened you with all of my drama, and I want you to do the same."

"I know. Thank you."

"The truth is, Sam... I don't really know that much about you, and I'd really love it if you would open up to me." Elena says.

"I can't." Sam says.

Elena looks taken back. "Look, you're the mystery guy, and I like that. But with mystery comes secrets, and this thing with Ruby." She says.

"Let it go. I don't want to talk about it." He says.

"Well, then, say something about it. Anything. Otherwise, I'm left with nothing but what other people tell me." She says.

Sam shifts uncomfortably. "Elena, please. I... I don't expect you to understand." He says.

"I don't understand anything, Sam. So why don't you just clear it up for me?" Elena says angrily.

"Look, there are things that you don't know, ok?" Sam says. "Things that I want to tell you, but I can't. And I may never be able to. And I just need you to trust me."

"Trust is earned. I can't just magically hand it over." Elena says.

"I'm so sorry." Sam says.

"No Sam. I'm sorry." Elena says. "I'm gonna go book another room. Have a good night." She walks away and Sam rubs his face with his hands.

Elena sits on the bed of her own motel room. Sam and Dean occupied the one next to her. She and Sam had gotten into a fight the night before and she's been ignoring him ever since. A knock is heard on the door.

"Go away." She says. Elena was currently making a pen spin in circles with her mind.

"It's Dean."

Elena stops the pen and looks up. "Come in." She says. Dean enters with a blank expression.

"Did something happen between you and Sam?" He asks.

Elena crosses her legs in the bed. "No. Why would you think that?" She asks.

"Well, for one, you are staying in a separate motel room." Dean says and Elena rolls her eyes. "Second, you're here while he's drowning himself in alcohol. I don't know what you said to him, but he's pretty upset."

"I didn't have to say anything. He's keeping secrets." Elena says.

Dean sits down on the bed. "Sometimes, people keep secrets to protect the people you care about the most." He says.

"I don't need a lecture from you, Dean." Elena says lamely.

"I'm not lecturing you." Dean says. "You remember when you left to protect us?"

Elena sighs. "Okay, I get it." She says.

"Besides, how bad could it be?" Dean asks.

"Thank you." Elena says. "You know, for the pep talk."

Dean gets up and goes to the door. "That's me, the couples counselor." He says and Elena giggles. Dean opens the door, but Elena stops him by grabbing his arm.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Elena asks.

"Anything."

"Would you lie to me?" She asks and looks into his green eyes.

For the first time, Dean finally saw that she was in pain. It was in her eyes. Those big brown eyes that he never got tired of staring into. He sighs and speaks.

"I would never lie to you, Elena."

HOSPITAL
[ ☼ ]

A young girl is sitting in a hospital bed in a contemplative way like she's listening some distant whispering. "Anna? Do you know where you are? You're at the Connor Beverly Behavioral Medicine Center." The Psychologist says as Anna looks at her hospital's wristband. "Do you know why you're here?"

Anna shrugs. "Do you remember what you did? You were hysterical. It took four people to restrain you." The Psychologist continues.

"I was trying to warn them." Anna says.

"Warn who?"

"Everyone. Forget it. It was stupid." Says Anna.

"What were you trying to warn them about?"

"Look... I get it. You think I'm nuts. If I were you, I'd think I was nuts. But it's all true." Anna says.

"It's okay. You can tell me. I'm here to listen." The Psychologist says.

"The end... is coming. The apocalypse." Anna says.

"The apocalypse. Like in the Bible?"

"Kind of. I mean, Same bottom line. This demon, Lilith, is trying to break the 66 seals to free Lucifer from Hell. Lucifer...Will bring the apocalypse. So... Smoke 'em if you got 'em." Anna turns her head and listens to a distant whispering.

"Anna?"

"Sorry."

"What were you doing?"

"Nothing. Just listening." Says Anna.

"So, you were saying that there are, uh, 66 of these seals in the world?"

"No. No. There are about 600 possible seals, and Lilith only has to break 66 of them, and no one knows which 66 she's gonna break." Anna says.

The Psychologist looks at her warily. "I see." She says.

"That's why it's nearly impossible to stop her. And that's why the angels are losing. That's why we're all gonna die." Anna says.

Later, a hospital attendant enters Anna's room. "Time for your meds, Anna. Anna?" He asks. Anna turns around and looks horrified when she notices the attendant. "What's the matter, sweetie?"

"Your face-what happened to your face?" Anna asks.

"I know." The Attendant's eyes turn black, revealing he's possessed by a demon. "I'm downright kissable. Shh."

Anna uses her mind to push a chest of drawers against the Attendant and knock him unconscious.

BAR
[ ☾]

Sam appears to be drunk and is playing pool with a man from the bar. "Brian, come on, man, just one more. Just-just give me a chance to win it back." He asks.

"It's your cash."

Dean appears. "Excuse me. My brother's a little sauced to be making bets." He says.

"He insisted." Brian says.

"Yeah, but you've already taken, what, two bills off him? I'm just saying." Dean says.

"Hey, shut up, Dean. I'm fine." Sam says.

"No, you're not fine. You're drunk!"

"Let's make it five hundred." Sam says.

"Five hundred?"

"Sure." Sam puts the money down on the pool table.

"Five hundred. Your break." Brian says.

While Brian is looking down, Sam raises his eyebrows at Dean. For a second there's no trace of drunkenness. Dean raises his eyebrows at Sam. Sam breaks, sinking several balls, then sees Ruby across the bar. "Keep the money." Sam puts his cue down on the pool table and walks towards Ruby.

"Keep the money? What-" Dean starts. After a moment, Dean follows Sam.

"Hey." Sam says.

"Well, you got a lot of nerve showing up anywhere near me." Dean says.

"I just have some info, and then I'm gone." Says Ruby.

"What is it?" Sam asks.

"I'm hearing a few whispers."

"Ooh, great, demon whisperers-that's reliable." Dean says.

"Girl named Anna Milton escaped from a locked ward yesterday. The demons seem pretty keen on finding her." Ruby says. "Apparently, some real heavy hitters turned out for the Easter-egg hunt."

"Why? Who is she?" Sam says.

"No idea." Ruby says. "But I'm thinking that she's important, 'cause the order is to capture her alive. I just figured that whatever the deal is, you might want to find this girl before the demons do."

"Look, maybe we should check it out." Sam says to Dean.

"Actually, we're working a case, but thanks." Dean says.

"What case?" Ruby asks.

"Uh, we've got leads, big leads."

"Sounds dangerous." Says Ruby.

"Yeah, well, it sure ain't goose-chasing after some chick who, for all we know, doesn't even exist, just because you say she's important." Dean says.

"I'm just delivering the news. You can do whatever you want with it. Far as I'm concerned, I told you, I'm done."

"Wait, wait, wait. This hospital Anna escaped from-it got a name?" Sam asks.

IMPALA
[ ☾]

Dean is driving and Sam is speaking on the phone. "Can I get a copy of the missing persons report? Great. Okay. Thanks." Sam hangs up. "Well, Anna Milton's definitely real."

"Don't mean the case is real. And this hospital's a three-day drive." Dean says.

"We've driven further for less, Dean." Sam says as Dean shakes his head. "You got something to say, say it."

"Oh, I'm saying it-this sucks." Dean says.

"You're not pissed we're going after the girl. You're pissed Ruby threw us the tip." Sam says.

"Right. 'Cause as far as you're concerned, the hell-bitch is practically family." Dean says. "Yeah, boy, something major must've happened while I was downstairs, 'cause I come back, and-and you're BFF with a demon?"

"I told you, Dean, she helped me go after Lilith." Sam says.

"Well, thanks for the thumbnail-real vivid. You want to fill in a little detail?" Dean asks. "'Cause Elena and I would like to know."

"Sure, Dean, let's trade stories. You first. How was Hell? Don't spare the details." Sam says.

SIX MONTHS EARLIER

CROSSROAD
[ ☾]

Sam is on the phone. "I just don't know what to do anymore." He says.

"We're gonna get through this." Elena says. "You're gonna be okay."

"No I'm not."

"Just think about what you're doing, Sam." Elena says. "You're drunk. You're not thinking straight."

"I have to do this."

Elena sighs. "You're not the only one grieving Sam. I miss him too, but he wouldn't have wanted this." She says.

"Goodbye." Sam hangs up the phone and buries a box in a crossroad to summon a Crossroad Demon. He is drunk. "Come on! Where the hell are you?"

"I was wondering whether to come or not. I mean, you shot one of my co-workers." The Demon says. "Don't take this the wrong way, Sam, but you don't look so hot, buddy. I guess burying your brother didn't agree with you."

"Well?" Sam asks.

"Well, let's see that special little knife of yours first." The Demon says.

Sam takes out the knife and slams it down on an outdoor table. "No devil's traps, either. I'm not here to play games." He says.

"Well, let me guess. You want to make a deal. And 'round and 'round the Winchesters go. I'm sorry, Sam. That's not gonna happen."

Sam stabs the knife into the Crossroad Demon's hand. "I don't want ten years. I don't want one year. I don't want candy! I want to trade places with Dean." He says.

"No."

"Just take me! It's a fair trade!" Sam yells.

"No?" The Demon yells.

"Why not? Lilith wants me dead. Just let Dean go, and she can have me."

"Don't you understand, Sam? It's not about your soul. Dean's in Hell, right where we want him." It says. "We've got everything exactly the way we want it. You want to kill me? Go ahead. I've made peace with my lord."

PRESENT

HOSPITAL
[ ☼ ]

"Of course I want to help however I can." The Psychologist says.

"Now, the orderly has no recollection of Anna's escape?" Sam asks.

"Apparently, she knocked him unconscious. The blow caused some amnesia. He doesn't even remember coming into her room."

"That's a hell of a right hook to knock out a guy that's got 80 pounds on her." Dean says.

"We think she may have planned this, waited behind the door." The Psych says.

"Right. Uh, you mentioned Anna's illness was recent." Says Sam.

"Two months ago, she was happy, well-adjusted, journalism major, lots of friends-Bright future."

"So, what happened-she just... flipped?" Dean asks.

"Well, that's the tragedy of schizophrenia. Within weeks, Anna was overtaken by delusions."

"What kind of delusions?" Sam asks.

"She thought demons were everywhere." The Psych gives a sketch book to Sam.

Dean looks at the art. "Interesting."

"It's not uncommon for our patients to believe that monsters are real."

"Well, that-that's just batty." Dean says. Sam turns the pages and they see some meaningful sketches and the text 'Raising of the Witnesses' and in the next page 'samhain the next seal is broken'. "That's Revelations."

"Since when does the Book of Revelations have jack-o'-lanterns?" The Psychologist asks.

"It's a, uh, it's a little-known translation." Says Dean.

"Well, Anna's father was a church deacon. When she became ill, her paranoia took on religious overtones. She was convinced the devil was about to rise up and end the world. I hope you find her. It's dangerous for her to be out there alone right now."

MILTON HOME
[ ☼ ]

Dean knocks on the front door. "Maybe they're not home." Sam says.

"Both cars in the driveway." Sam points out as Dean tries the door. It's unlocked and they enter the house.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro