(01) procrastination nation

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

SOMETIME IN 2015

11:11pm; UC Irvine, California

The phone buzzed. Once. Twice. Then again. The screen kept on lighting up. Iwaizumi did his best to ignore it. Tried his best to pretend nothing was happening. He bet it was Oikawa. His best friend had the annoying habit of spamming him with text messages over an utterly random thing. Iwaizumi had learned to ignore the idiot.

After one last message, the phone stopped buzzing.

'Huh. Strange,' Iwaizumi thought. Oikawa would pester him till he replied. He wasn't the type to stop.

He groaned as he rolled over from his bed, reaching over to the nightstand to grab his phone. In a small room in his dorm with a rather uncomfortable mattress on the bed, it wasn't very hard to move around. Though it was hard to find a comfortable spot again. Iwaizumi turned on his phone and nearly dropped it in surprise.

'No way...'

Out of all the people in the world that could message him, it was Yuki's name that flashed on his screen. Nohara Yuki.

Iwaizumi unlocked his phone and pressed on the messages that had just arrived. Surely, Yuki was not getting in touch with him, was she? They had almost completely lost touch with each other and their interactions were just limited to the old Seijoh groupchat and instagram comments. Nothing beyond them.

The messages were definitely unexpected.

Iwaizumi's fingers hovered over the notification. What harm could come from reading those messages? He pressed on the message and they instantly popped open. But the second he read them, he knew he wasn't the intended recipient.

Iwasaki, huh? Must a friend, he thought. Maybe he should reply.

Immediately as he sent the last message, Iwaizumi cringed internally. Judging by the frantic nature of her messages, Yuki definitely didn't sound like she was doing well. He just sighed before he turned over, trying to return the phone to its original position. But before he could do so, it started buzzing again.

It was Yuki, he realized, the moment he turned his phone on. She had replied to the messages rather quickly. What about the time difference?

"Yuki, get off your phone and work!"

Reina poked her head through the open door.

Yuki spun around in her chair and stared at her roommate and friend. Her books and notes were scattered all over the desk and her laptop screen was currently open to a random webpage. "I'm almost done, okay? So I decided to take a break."

"And when did you take a break?" Reina crossed her arms, sending Yuki a questioning look.

"Uh, an hour ago?"

"Yuki."

"I'm sorry, okay? It's just I was texting a friend. And then I opened Instagram and lost track of time. But I really have got almost all of it done. I promise I'm not lying Iwasaki-san."

"You do remember that there's only half an hour left before the deadline, right?"

"Wait, no!? That can't be right?"

"Check the time, you dumbass."

Yuki grabbed her phone and checked the time. It was 9 PM already and the deadline was in thirty minutes. Oh shit. She facepalmed, covering her face with both her hands.

"Okay, I can do this," She took in a really deep breath and spun back around to face her chair. "I'll finish this. I have to finish this."

"I'll leave you to it then," Reina quietly retreated to her room, leaving a frantic Yuki trying to rush through her essay.

With every assignment, this was the case. It wasn't like Yuki couldn't finish them in the week's time they'd get; it's just that she tended to feel lazy when it came to college work. She'd make up her mind to do things and then by the time she got to her tiny apartment near campus that she shared with Reina, she'd be scrolling through Instagram or watching something on youtube.

It was such a weird thing, but her mind really worked best under the pressure of deadlines, Specifically, Yuki worked best an hour or even less than that before a deadline; only then her work turned out any good. And she was getting mostly A's, so there wasn't really a problem with this way of working.

Only the deadlines staring at her in the face.

After five minutes of frantic typing and scanning the multiple tabs she had open, Yuki finally pressed submit on the essay. With a heavy sigh, she closed her laptop and promptly collapsed on top of it. Tilting her head sideways, she reached for her phone and opened Instagram (as always) and randomly scrolled through.

INSTAGRAM

yuki.nohara posted a photo!

yuki.nohara late night study session. and a welcome to procrastination nation (lol that rhymed)

misakiiii, reinaiwasaki1, kindaichilol and 57 others liked this photo

misakiiii caption omfg😂😂

reinaiwasaki1 get offline and finish your work😤😤

kindaichilol I'll join this nation 😅😅

+15 other comments!

iwaizumi.hajime liked your photo!

iwaizumi.hajime posted a photo!

iwaizumi.hajime outside the library ✌✌

oikawatooru, misakiiii, hanamaki23, and 150 others liked this photo

oikawatooru woah woah, wait, since when do u know how to pose for a photo?? 🤨🤨

misakiiii hot damnnnn

hanamaki23 look who's being active on Instagram 😉😜😜

iwaizumi.hajime oikawatooru , misakiiii, hanamaki23 go die🙄

oikawatooru ouch, iwa-chan, that's harsh 😥😢

+ 50 other comments

yuki.nohara liked your photo!

In two different countries, two different people dropped their phones out of shock. Why, you might ask? That's a story for another time. 🤫🤫

As you can see, this is a much shorter chapter than my usual ones and it also has a very different style. This whole story will be told in a similar way and will have relatively short chapters, with elements of social media and real life combined. Honestly, it's such a fun way of writing and it will allow me to experiment a lot more.

And I'll be the omnipresent, forth wall breaking narrator at the end hehe 🤭🤭

I hope you all enjoy reading this! Let me know your thoughts in the comments! <3

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro