8/14/22

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

There are approximately fifty bajillion superhero movies out nowadays, and while it seems like I should be completely and utterly sick of them by now, I'm strangely not.  I was super into comic books for a few years when I was around 12-14 years old and while I eventually moved on to other interests, I maintain enough memory of that time and knowledge of comics to get a kick out of seeing them come to life on the big screen.  I can still throw down with some X-men trivia circa the 80's and early 90's if I need to.  

I will say the thing that annoys me the most about superhero movies is how more often than not it seems like the hero insists on taking their mask off in the middle of a battle.  I'm sure the celebrities playing the roles have some clause that their faces must appear on screen like seventy percent of the time.  But that's exactly what it feels like when it happens.  It's like oh we need to show the actor's face to fulfill contractual obligations and also stroke their ego.  First of all they always look cooler when they're wearing their mask, and second of all there's no reason Spider-Man, for instance, would take his mask off in the middle of fighting the Green Goblin, or whoever.  They're supposed to have, like, a secret identity and also a lot of the time the costume/mask is supposed to offer them some modicum of protection.  It's kind of like full body armor.  But clearly it makes more story sense that we see Tobey Maguire's face.  Or Andrew Garfield's.  Or Tom Holland's.  Or whoever.  Sure, sure, get your Peter Parker scenes in.  That's fine.  But when he's in Spider-Man mode I just want to see the mask.  That goes for all the superheroes.  

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro