8/2/22

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

We recently got an inflatable raft for the pool and I was keeping it out on the yard on top of this old container that holds a pool cover.  We don't use the pool cover or the container, but it's still there from the previous occupants and it seemed like a good place to set the raft.  

But then I looked out the window today and the raft was gone.  I went outside to investigate and soon realized the raft had blown over the wall into the neighbor's yard.  We've had a lot of rain and wind lately so that's not entirely surprising.  Nobody's living there right now.  It's the house where the people ditched the cats that we took in, who are doing great by the way.  It would have probably not been a big deal to jump over the wall and get it.  I probably wouldn't have been set upon by guard dogs or angry rednecks with shotguns.  But I was in my robe and just wearing socks.  It would have been easy enough to climb over from my side, but it looked like it was a bit of a drop to the ground on the other side and I'm not sure how easy it would be to get back up.  It definitely would have been a task I would have at least wanted shoes for.

We have a little grasper on a stick thing, so in the end I decided to climb on top of the pool cover container and reach over with the grasper and try to grab the raft and pull it back over.  I wasn't actually entirely sure if the container would hold my weight, so that was a tiny bit scary.  The worse part was the top of the container had been baking in the sun and was really hot.  I could feel it scalding my feet even through my socks.  I toughed it out and went for it though.  

Ground level on the other side of the wall is for sure lower than on my side.  I had to really lean over the wall and stretch my arm and I was just barely able to hook the handle.  So of course I managed to flip the raft over revealing the bottom side where there was much less stuff to grab onto.  

The little plastic part where you inflate the raft was exposed though so I went for that.  After a couple attempts I managed to get it and got the raft back over the wall.  I was still nervous about the container collapsing underneath me, because that would have been super uncool and could have possibly caused injury, but it held up.   I can still feel the heat on the bottom of my feet though.  The top of that thing was really, really hot!

Well, that was pretty much my big adventure for the day.  At least I hope it was.  Honestly, I don't think I can handle anything more exciting than that today.  I think I'm still kind of out of it from drinking on Saturday night, as pathetic as that is. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro