8/31/22

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

One year my voting site for an election was at the elementary school I went to when I was a kid.  It had been a long time since I'd been there, but the old multi-purpose room looked exactly the same as I remembered, except for one minor detail.  It was SO much smaller than I recalled.

I had a lot of memories with that particular room.  It was the lunch room, but it was also where we had P.E. class and school assemblies and whatnot.  Later on, when I was in Boy Scouts, my troop also met in that room.  In all of my memories that room was absolutely huge.  At the very least they managed to cram a lot of little kids in there at any given time.  It was really jarring how tiny it seemed when I went back to vote as an adult.

On another note I drove by a couple years back and the whole school had been bulldozed.  There was nothing in the lot except dirt.  That was kind of shocking.  They've since built a brand new, totally different building in its place.  It's kind of sad that I won't ever get to repeat the experience of walking into that old multi-purpose room, but I'm glad I got to do it once as an adult.  

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro