9/5/22

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

So we're all supposed to love and worship celebrities because they're such swell people and they're better than us commoners, but do you ever have a celebrity just rub you the wrong way for no discernable reason at all?  It definitely happens to me sometimes.  When Shia LeBeouf first came on the scene I was highly confused.  Who the hell was this guy and why was he suddenly in every movie?  Why were they trying so hard to make him a thing?  I did not get it at all.  He still seems to be kind of hanging around, but the more I hear about him, he seems like a pretty weird dude.  I mostly just ignore him these days.  I still have no idea how to pronounce or spell his name.  I had to look it up just now.  That's a celebrity fail, if ever I've seen one.  You should definitely know how to say their name and how to write it.

I used to have an irrational dislike of Leonardo DiCaprio as well, although that has cooled with time.  I'm mostly indifferent to him now.  I won't NOT see a movie just because he's in it, but he's not a huge draw for me either.  Actually my distaste for him stems back to the time of Titanic, which I still have never seen to this day.  That was the height of "Leo Mania" when pre-teen girls were going to see it over and over and over again, which is the main reason it became the highest grossing movie of all time.  I've always had a kind of reactive dislike for those teeny-bopper heartthrob types and Leo was fully and completely one of them at the time.  To be fair, I get the impression he found that whole phenomenon nauseating also, so I'll give him some credit for that.  

I know there are others, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.  Honestly this whole celebrity-worship culture is really dumb.  I think we should put all celebrities to work in the coal mines so they can learn some humility and do something that's actually useful.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro