| 29: Sky, you've been gone for two months |

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I lay on the floor my heart pounding, bat on my hand, and with determination in my veins.

I stand up as I hear tormented shrieks running-more like sprinting towards me.

Carson!

Did he make it out of the buildings? Is he save? Stop. Knock yourself out it!

"Goddammit," I mutter under my breath as I run with everything in me.

I have to reach the apartment room.

I have too!

I count my footsteps in tone with my heart. The only thing keeping me together as I focus on surviving.

As soon as I see the apartment I slam myself inside and shut the door with all my might.

I lock it with shaky hands and I pull the nearest vanity to block the door.

My heart throbs so loud I barely register the shattering of glass coming from the end of the hall.

I flex my hands on the bat, my back to the wall as I inch my way down the hallway, stoping at each open door only to find them empty. I let out a breath as I stop at the last door, the bathroom, and turn the handle ever so slowly. The door creaks and groans as I push it open.

My heart stops before re-kicking again into a double jump.

"Alyssa," I breathe out.

I would have screamed at the sight of so much blood if it weren't for her face. Those sunken, pleading eyes.

"Sky!"

I drop my bat and rush to her.

Their's so much blood on the floor, water, and shards of glass. By the looks of it it seems she was trying to get herself up, but ended up slipping and dropping the glass of water.

"T-the b-ba-baby," she cries, clutching unto her small bump. "Ahghhhgh! Aarrruhhhhhhhh!"

"Hey, it's ok," I try reassure, although even I was worried.

I open some of the cabinets and pull out all of the towels and soak some of them in cold water while others in steamy water. The towels I soaked in cold I place it over Alyssa's forehead and neck.

"I-I can't Sky. I'm not due yet. I'm seven months. I still h-have more to go. It-its too soon!" she cries in panic and starts panting.

Seven months? My heart starts spinning out of motion. Last time we talked it was 5 months. How? Was I two month at the Hendrix's? I did break my right leg and now it's better. Scratch that, worse since the fall out the window... but I'm alive which it great. Better than great. But two months? I missed two months. No, I can't start spiraling into my thoughts. I can't. Alyssa needs me.

I bring my attention on the glass and scoop most of them up with a dry towel. I have never been or helped anyone give birth. This is all new for the both of us. And today of all days.

That must be it!

That must be why the baby is earlier than due. Stress and maybe the scare about the zombies inside the fort.

I hold her hand and show my support. She needs me.

The baby needs us.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro