08:00

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

All fun put aside Posie sat looking into the black lake deep in thought. If she was going to do this she needed help. Pansy was long out of the question. It's not that they weren't friends but she knew the raven haired girl had a tendency to get a blabber mouth whenever she's near Draco and right now Posie wanted anything to do with the git. Millicent was also out of the picture, both her and Pansy were the same. It proven more difficult than she had expected to find someone she could trust.

They were friends, yes, but she had spend a rather large amount of time in her first year with Dahlia, that left her previous relationships in a rather wobble like state; and look where her actions had lead her now. She tried her best to shake the thought off and to focus on her current motive.

Posie, did not have another dream so far. This should have eased her, but, instead, had an opposite effect on her. Whomever the perpetrator was, they knew it would be too risky to go out now so they slithered in whatever corner they had came from before, waiting for the utmost moment to strike.

Resting her for-head onto the glass sends a cool shiver down her spine. The black lake seemed even more prettier than usual, however, today it seems she wasn't lucky to get a glimpse  of any merfolk's.

"If I didn't know any better I'll say you're thinking." said Zabini in his usual tailored voice. A smirk makes it's way onto Posie's face immediately.

"A dangerous pastime." said Posie as she watched the progress of Zabini as he climbed up to sat adjacent to her.

"You don't have to remind me." said Zabini flippantly.  The two dived into a short laughter. Posie wiped a tears at the corner of her eyes as she was more than grateful for the laughter.

" Bored?" questioned Poise as her fingers stroke up in a dance on the glass window.

"More like, I can't find another person in which I can civilly share my thoughts." he made a quick movement with his head to the direction of Crabbe and Goyle . A smile stretched on her lips

"So...you're bored."

Zabini exhale through his nose loudly, "Perhaps, you...you look-"

"like a sick ghost, you don't have to tell me." Posie cut off as she began to stared hollowly back into the Black Lake once more.

"I was going to say busy, however, a sick ghost is not too bad of a comparison" She gave Zabini an awful glare before she poked him playfully in his side.

"Oww, that hurt!" 

She shrugged her shoulders playfully. 

"Hogwarts is getting dangerous at every minute, first a monster is on loose and now I am not allowed to express my opinion." chided Zabini. His statement was purely innocent and on a comedic side, however, Posie couldn't helped her mood from being dampened. 

"Do you really think there's a monster is on loose?" she already knew the answer, but at that moment she felt really desperate and honestly tired. She wanted to believe like many other students that it was just a prank and that everything was going to be fine. Little did Zabini know that his answer was  of big impact to Posie as it either going to gifted her with ignorance bliss or the poising truth.

It took awhile before Zabini could escaped his laughter as he gave her a long lulling look. His aplomb aurora wane, just a bit, as an emotion that was almost unreadable  flicker across his visage.

"Honestly...I don't know." he send the red hair girl a quick glance and to him, he saw a withering  flower. He didn't know what turned inside of him which let him to stroke up in a quick and unpremeditated statement.  It was very unlike him, Zabini consider himself a conductor and the words that left his mouth were the notes his orchestra played and he viewed those very highly, to the point he rehearse every thing before he speak. So he truly didn't understand himself when he said:   "...But, I wouldn't worry if I were you."

Posie perked up at his statement, perplexed, "Why?" she questioned hoarsely.

"Remember, the message said 'enemy of the heir beware' and from the few information I had collected, it meant mudbloods and from your family line I doubt you should break a sweat at the note."

The atmosphere between them was suddenly quiet and Zabini thought that all was well that was until he met furious brown eyes piecing holes into his being. Suddenly, without any word Posie got up from her seat leaving him in a confused mess. 

Just as when he was going  to ask why the sudden change of mood, he was met with yet again burning eyes.

"You know Zabini you were wrong.."

he cocked his brows in a confused manner. 

"it's not that you can civilly share your thoughts with anyone in here its because , you, ourselves along with our thoughts are rearward."  with that Posie exit the Slytherin common room steaming.

Posie couldn't believe how inconsiderate Zabini could be as his words rang through her ears eerily. The way in which the word left his lips so flippantly had caused her heart to sank deep down to her stomach. He said it as though those he had dubbed 'mudbloods'  weren't fellow witches and wizards ,living, breathing beings with emotions, with families. But instead, he made them  sounded like animals, filth even. However, she wasn't any better, as she realized how self-righteous she had acted a moment earlier. How had she tagged Zabini as being shallow minded and childish, when she was avoiding Draco and holding petty grudges against him.

She will be damned if she didn't acknowledged the fact that Granger not ailing from a wizarding family like her own  was not a factor as to why they didn't see eye to eye . Accompanied by the fact that not long ago she could identified with Zabini. As at one point in her life she fully believed in the idea of blood superiority .

She would always found herself behind her mother, supporting her ideals without much of a second thought. Posie would remembered as a child how she would attend meetings of whenever any pure-blooded family would disowned their relatives their response to them stepping out of lines. Very much like when the old Black family would burned their relatives face out of the family trees, other pure-blood family's pick up their tradition, seeing it as being very effective. So, due to this, every pure-blood family's have a family tree of their own, however, each put their own twist to it's.

Posie thought that the Malfoy's representation of their family was rather posh as each had their name magical written in ancient runes on a peacocks feather which was big as a newborns face. They will hang boastfully on the tapestry wall and whenever one relative didn't agree to their ideals , their piece of feather would suddenly burst into flames, The Parkinson were flowers, and this was  the reason, as to why every person in their family have a flower's name . The Garland ones was rather simple yet chic, however, chic wasn't the word Posie would use nowadays.

The Garland's family used portrait plates. Each have an intricate design of their own, Posie owns was decorated with a wreath which was a collaboration of sunflowers and hyacinth accompanied by a beautiful golden lyre. They all hang beautifully in an expensive crystal made cabinet. 

She would remembered the time she sat eyeing the piece with a proud fuel glee, and asked her mother,disdainfully as to why the defaced plates still hang with the rest. Her mother, however, to this day, never gave her a reply. But, Posie had think of a reason of her own regarding why. At first, she thought of them as an eye sore but now , even the hall the cabinet sat was just too terrifying for her to step foot in. It was like a nasty reminder of what would happen if you crossed the foreboding line, something in which Posie never dared she would every do. It was like a whip which stroke across her back every time she thought of defying her parents saying, "No one would be there waiting for you when you cross the line".  At one time, Posie never think of her mother side of family she cut off to marry her father.

But now, she wonder if they were all that bad her as her mother made them up to be. It was quite sad as she think at times that she would never knew her cousins or aunt.

It was awhile before Posie thought of where she was going after the adrenaline had subside. Too tired to returned to the common room she decided to roam the halls, and with the fact that it was a Sunday, a free day on her timetable she didn't saw why not. The lawn look quite refreshing place to relax however, three shadows caught her attention as they headed to a rather familiar corridor. With no doubt in her mind that it was the golden trio, Posie sought after them. She wondered what they where up to and if they weren't tired of hearing their names associating with trouble?

"Golly, it's seem the place get creepier in every visits." A voice said in a straining low tone. 

"Shh, you're making it worse. " hushed another.

"I don't like it here, let's go Seamus." 

Posie stopped in her tracks. They where of Gryffindor alright, but were a different trio than she had expect them to be. There stood in the middle of the corridor were Dean, Seamus and Neville whom were eyeing the message apprehensively. Disappointed the red haired girl decided to head down to the sunny lawn of Hogwarts but what Seamus said next caught her attention.

"Wouldn't it be great if we caught the culprit?" questioned Seamus his eyes filled with a childish gleam, Dean jumped at his friend word, it took awhile before  he replied.

"Culprit? So you also believed in that?" 

"Of course I do, especially after what Mr. Binns said, imagine me catching that beast would be fun no?"

" I think I will skip out on this." added Neville who's feverish eyes were still eyeing the message.

"C'mon Neville!" said Seamus as he gave him a hit on his arm. 

"Don't be a crybaby." Neville swallowed hard after hearing Seamus's words.

"I wonder if we will get a prize or something if we caught them?" mused Seamus loudly.

"I really detest that theory of a monster on the loose, perhaps it's just a dumb prank...” Dean trailed off before he finished with a more stern voice as if he desperately trying to convince himself,"gone too far."

It was not long before Seamus spoke up, "Really? "

"I wonder who will captured it first?" said Posie.

She didn't understand what had took hold of her, but standing there listening to the three had sparked an idea . She couldn't possible cover all ground, she wanted information and she wanted it fast. At first Posie thought of asking one of her classmates for help, Draco in particular, but the way they were now, she was now having second thoughts. The others were no were on her list, as Zabini revealed to her earlier. Not any of her fellow Slytherin would show no sign of helping her anytime soon, as they saw this incident as a cleansing act.

It leave her one option, outside help, however, Slytherin have a history of being untrustworthy which lead to the other houses to become rather weary of them.

But, standing here now, Posie hope has been renewed as watched the three Gryfindor boys.

She saw this incident as her responsibility, after all, she was the one whom was foretold of this year upcoming horror and because of her negligence at not reporting what she had dreamt to an authority . A monster was now on the loose and reigning terror on Hogwarts. If anyone was to be hurt or worse killed,  Posie had to carry that until her dying day and she cant have that. So, she now vowed that no one else will be hurt and by doing so she need to gather as much information as she can and give it to someone, a teacher at best, so that they can stop the beast.

However, how would she ever convinced them of that? This left Posie to ponder but not too long, as the three boys spun to the source of the voice. It  still surprised her at how they didn't received any whiplash.

"Golly, you scared me there. Thought it was a teacher." Neville sputtered, his hands resting on his chest, as though he was securing his thumping heart in place.

"What do you mean 'who will capture it first'? Don't tell me you believe that rubbish also!" shouted Dean with disbelief written across his face. Seamus was the only one whom didn't speak.

Posie let out an ugly scoff before stalking over to the three. "Don't tell me you think someone did this for a good laugh. Also, the way the teachers are acting, they are bit to tense for a prank, don't you think?"

The three all fell in silence, going over what the red head had said.

"C'mon, I know you guys don't believed that. You guys are too scared to admit the thruth, afraid if you do this situation would become real."

"We are not afraid!" shouted Seamus

Posie eyed his balled fit, before letting a smile slip on her face.

It was simple, Gryffindor greatest strengths were their braveness and daring, however, if not careful can become their greatest downfall. Posie had grown up watching how people around her mend others into their puppets and she wouldn't pretend if a sense of pride didn't bubble in the pit of her stomach when she pick up a few move of her own .

The trick was to convinced others into thinking that they both shared the same goals. And right now Posie wanted information, fast, and so would she.

"How about a game? "

The three boys perked at the sudden information. The air between them was silent for awhile as the three delved inside wondering whether or not to trust the girl before them. Sure she had helped them before, but they couldn't be to certain, especially when there's a Slytherin involved.

"What do you mean?" asked Seamus finally speaking up.

"It was just like you said before Seamus, what if you get rewarded. Imagine, someone else getting the recognition other than Potter?"

It was small, but Posie didn't miss it, at how he perked at her comment. Seamus scoffed.

"As if. And what's in it for you? You can't be all this generous without wanting something out of it."

It was silence once more, before Posie ,yet again, disrupted the peace. "All I want is the same thing anyone else want, to be able to rest my head on my pillow and to not worry if I'm going to be ended up like Filtch's cat."

It was once again silent between the three boys as they taken turn to stared at each other.

"Look just tell me if you're in or not," Posie eyes shifted from one boy to the other. She bit her lips in frustration.

"I should have known you guys were just a bunch of mussies,"  Slowly she turned around, she hand her head in feign disapointment and like clockwork Seamus beckoned her back.

As she expected Seamus get riled up at her words, " Wait!..Fine I'll play." He then turned to his friends. It didn't took too long before Neville speak up.

"Me too."

Dean nodded along, "Guess I'm in, I gotta keep an eye on you two after all. I mean you're both pathetic without me."

They smiled at his statement.

"We'll play your stupid game." said Dean.

Posie couldn't help the ugly smile creeping across her face,"Great, listen up..."

Sorry from being away for too long, I wish I have a good excuse as to why but I can't come up with none. Again I'm sorry, I really hope I can regain the the flow of this story and a thanks to everyone whom have stuck by and voted. I promised I won't abandon this story.
Please have a nice day!!!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro