39 | immobulus

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A/N

SUPER late update, I know, and my apologies for it. I've been really busy lately. If TEN days go by without me updating, please feel free to give me a nudge. (Thank you to the people who reminded me about this update!)

Anyway, let's welcome back the main male protagonist of Astoria.

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

3 9

i m m o b u l u s

Renders living targets immobile.

IT WAS LUNA who told them about the party.

The blonde witch had apparated back to the house several days later, a cheerful smile on her face as she slipped into an empty chair at the table. "Everyone in the Order's really excited to have you back," she said to Hermione, who gave a faint smile in return, "and you too."

This was directed at Harry, who had come over for breakfast with Ginny. In fact, they visited on an almost daily basis now. Draco dreaded the day Andromeda would ask them to move in. It was only a matter of time.

Harry raised his eyebrows. "Me? Why're they excited about having me?"

"You haven't fought for the Order in a long time," Andromeda reminded him. "They're probably excited for you to return."

Luna nodded in agreement. "So the D.A. is throwing a party – "

"D.A.?" Pansy frowned in confusion. Theo and Blaise looked equally puzzled.

"Dumbledore's Army," Ginny explained, before shooting a pointed look at Draco. "The same group that Draco and Delores Umbridge tried to demolish during our fifth year. Too bad they couldn't."

Draco threw her a frosty glare and continued eating.

"Dumbledore's Army, huh?" Theo shook his head. "That's a bloody tacky name."

"Hermione came up with it."

"Oh, makes sense, Red always comes up with tacky things like that – ow!" Theo winced when Hermione kicked him under the table. "Draco, mate, control your girlfriend!"

Draco simply reached over to steal a slice of ham from Theo's plate and placed it on Hermione's. "Don't bring me into this."

"Anyway," continued Luna, brightly, "they'll be glad to see all of you tomorrow night."

An awkward silence descended on the table. While Ginny looked excited about being reunited with her friends, Harry and Hermione seemed far less enthusiastic. And the Slytherins looked downright disinterested.

"Okay, first of all," Theo was the first to break the silence, and he held out his fork, pointing it at Luna while he talked, "inviting four strangers to a party is bad enough. Second of all, inviting four Slytherins to a party with members of the other houses is far worse. And to take the icing off the bloody cake – do remember that you're inviting four Death-Eaters to a party with people who've been fighting on the opposite side for three years. What are we supposed to say? 'Hi, nice party; by the way, I killed your relative because the Dark Lord told me to!'"

Draco shot his friend a warning look. Ginny and Harry now looked uncomfortable, while Luna squirmed in her seat. Andromeda cleared her throat delicately. "Theo, you don't have to go if you don't want to – "

"That's good," Theo's lips curled in satisfaction as he leaned back in his chair lazily. "'Cause I'm not going."

" – but you're wrong to say that no other Slytherin will be there. If I'm not mistaken, I do believe that Tracey Davis and Daphne Greengrass joined the Order some months ago. They'll probably be there."

"Yes, they will," Luna affirmed.

Pansy leaned forward, her eyes sparkling with interest. "Tracey and Daphne? Really?" She exchanged a look with Blaise before looking over at Theo. "Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, Theo. You know Tracey and Daphne, don't you?"

"I know them well," mused Theo, amidst a chorus of disgusted noises from the others. "But so does Draco, by the way – ow, fuck!" He doubled up when he felt another half-hearted kick under the table. "Control yourself, Malfoy!"

Hermione winked. "Actually, that wasn't him, that was me again. If Draco really wanted to hurt you, he would've killed you," she added, with a teasing laugh.

Draco raised his mug of coffee and smirked, intertwining his fingers through hers under the table. "Definitely the brightest witch of our age."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Theodore Nott, for the millionth time, get your lazy arse of the sofa and come with us!" Pansy yelled from across the hall. After much convincing, she had finally worn Hermione down, who reluctantly agreed to go to the party. Blaise hadn't required much convincing on his part – he was just as eager to see Tracey and Daphne as she was. Draco had only agreed to go because Hermione was, quite frankly, terrified of meeting all her old friends.

That left Theo. Lazy, sardonic, devil-may-care Theo, who didn't budge an inch despite all her yelling.

"I'm not going!" Theo hollered back stubbornly. "Teddy and I are going to go to bed at nine tonight, and Andromeda is going tuck us in, read a story and then sing lullabies to us!"

"No, Andromeda's not!" Andromeda called from the kitchen.

Hermione snorted and grinned as she overhear them. She was still in the bedroom, with the door locked so she could dress herself. As she stared at the dress that Pansy had Transfigured for her, she couldn't help but feel nervous.

"Granger?" A knock came on the door. It was Draco. "Are you done? Pansy's yelling my bloody ear off and Blaise is having an aneurysm because we're late."

In spite of her nerves, she laughed. "Almost done!" She took a deep breath and swallowed hard as she stared at her reflection. Could she really handle seeing everyone at the party? "It's fine. Draco will be there. It's going to be fine."

Shoving her fears aside for the moment, she picked up her wand and headed towards the door. Draco was leaning against the wall beside the room, his blonde hair and fair skin a stark contrast with the black blazer and pants he had on. He glanced up the moment she stepped out, hair falling into his eyes carelessly as stared at her.

For a moment, he seemed to fumble for a coherent response, and Hermione smiled at his reaction. But when he opened his mouth to speak, she held up a finger to stop him. "One moment, please," she said, directing her wand at her black dress. "Colovaria."

The dress instantly lightened to an iridescent midnight green, the same shade of the jumper that she'd knitted for him as a Christmas present. His silver eyes gleamed and he closed the gap between them, gripping her hips firmly and pulling her flush against him. "You look beautiful in green," he mumbled, punctuating each word with a soft kiss on her lips. "I don't know what the bloody Sorting Hat was thinking putting you in Gryffindor."

Hermione smiled up at him, looping her arms around his neck and pulling his head down so that his lips now met hers firmly. Her tongue traced the seam of his lips; an instinctive action that mirrored what he'd done several times before, and felt her stomach tighten deliciously when a muffled groan escaped his throat. He let her in, and she let her tongue intertwine with his, experimentally, boldly, matching his feverish kisses as her heart hammered in her chest.

"Hermione! Draco!" Pansy's yell from below ruined the moment.

Draco reluctantly pulled away, leaning his forehead against hers as he fought to catch his breath. "We should go."

Hermione frowned in disappointment, before a wicked grin curled on her lips. "Or we could just forget about the party. I believe I haven't showed you how fantastic I look in red yet, which you will find out if you look under – "

He hit her with a wordless Silencio and swore under his breath. "You, Miss Granger, are turning into a wicked minx and you need to stop having these conversations with Pansy," he said firmly, before he removed the silencing charm.

"Actually, it was 'Dromeda," she said, her smile widening when he swore again.

"You need to stop having these kind of conversations with my Aunt too."

Hermione began to laugh, but a series of yells from below made the two of them exchange startled glances, before rushing down the stairs. The sight that greeted them in the living room was almost comical – Blaise was holding Theo down while Pansy was mumbling an incantation under her breath, pointing her wand in their direction. And Theo himself was yelling in horror as his clothes slowly transformed into a casual suit that was clearly meant for the party. Andromeda was holding Teddy in the corner and the two looked thoroughly entertained, Teddy babbling happily in her arms.

"Don't just stand there, mate!" Theo yelled at Draco. "Help me!"

"My apologies." Draco headed towards them and pointed his wand at Theo. "Colovaria."

Instantly, Theo's suit turned a brilliant shade of crimson that practically sparkled. Blaise and Pansy doubled up laughing, while Theo unleashed a series of expletives that sent Andromeda hurrying out of the room with Teddy.

Hermione chuckled. Feeling sorry for Theo, she pushed Draco aside and held out her hand. "I'll stay with you the whole night, promise."

Theo quirked an eyebrow at her. "Can I take the piss out of Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs?"

"Only to me. And I promise not to say a word about it."

"Deal."

They shook and she pointed her wand at him. "Colovaria."

The suit darkened to a nondescript grey. Theo grinned in satisfaction. "Thanks, Red."

Blaise nudged Draco, looking at him in amusement. "Did your girlfriend just ditch you for Theo over there?"

"Apparently so," Draco muttered, but when Hermione looked over at him, her eyes bright with laughter and lips curving in a warm smile, he understood perfectly why Hermione seemed to have all four of them wrapped around her finger.

It wasn't just him – Blaise, Pansy and Theo would do anything for Hermione Granger. It was the light on her face and the fact that she was just pure goodness in a cruel world. They were attracted to her goodness even though she made them feel pure evil sometimes, but the fact that she liked them made them realise that they were not completely lost.

Not yet, at least.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The party was hosted in one of the bigger rooms at the Order's headquarters. Luna, who had dropped by Andromeda's house to bring them to the party, told them that the D.A. had planned this for days.

"They're really excited to see Hermione," she said, as she held her lighted wand to pave the way for them. The road was dark, and Draco kept his eyes and ears peeled for any signs of imminent danger. It was a war. You could never let your guard down.

"Ever since Neville told them that Hermione was back, the D.A. can't wait to see her," Luna continued. "But McGonagall's given strict orders that no one visit Andromeda's unless invited."

"That's funny," Theo drawled. "You've shown up dozens of times uninvited."

"I know, I just find myself there sometimes," Luna returned cheerily. "The D.A.'s really impressed by the work you guys have done – rescuing Ginny, helping McGonagall, and even getting Harry back on the field. I think you'll all be welcomed with open arms."

But Luna was overly optimistic as usual. The moment they stepped through the doors, a hush descended upon the room. Hermione immediately sidled closer to Draco and slipped her hand through his.

"Hermione?"

Someone pushed their way through the crowd – a redhead that could hardly be mistaken for anyone other than a member of the Weasley family. But not just any member of the Weasley family – this particular Weasley had bright blue eyes, freckles dotting his face and strode towards them with an expression torn between astonishment and disbelief.

Pansy sucked in a breath. "Is that...?"

"Oh, this'll be good," Theo chuckled under his breath, as Harry and Ginny hastily rushed after Ron, matching looks of panic on their faces.

Ronald Weasley stopped several feet in front of them, staring at Hermione like he could hardly believe that she was real. "Hermione?" He repeated, shaking his head. "I was away for weeks and no one told me you were back! I can't believe it's really you!"

Draco relaxed his grip on Hermione then, even though his heart was screaming at him not to. But the more rational side of him knew that she was more than capable of making her own decisions, and that she'd chosen him.

Only Hermione made the mistake of glancing briefly at him before turning back to Ron. And the expression on Ron's face immediately darkened, but she didn't notice. Instead, she stepped forward and smiled hesitantly, holding up a hand for him to shake.

"Hi, Ron. It's great to see you again." But her eyes widened when she saw the look on his face. She withdrew her hand and shifted towards Draco again.

Ron's eyes darted between Hermione and Draco several times before finally landing on her. He swallowed roughly, his voice promptly taking on a sharp edge to it. "What's going on?"

Theo sniggered. "Well, dear Weasley, let me explain – " His words were promptly cut off when Blaise pulled him back, Pansy casting a wordless Silencing charm on him.

"Ron, mate," Harry stepped forward, his calm voice attempting to diffuse the tension in a placating manner. "There's something you need to know. Malfoy found Hermione some months ago and she's been living with him, Theo, Blaise and Pansy ever since. They're now living at Andromeda's."

Ron's eyes narrowed. Draco bit the inside of his cheek to keep from making a snide remark. His snark probably wouldn't be appreciated at a time like this. The D.A. already regarded them with suspicion; some looked ready to step in and start hexing when necessary.

"She's been living with Death-Eaters?"

"Defected Death-Eaters," corrected Blaise.

"The same one who stood there and watched his bloody Aunt torture and then carve the word Mudblood on Hermione's arm! He watched and didn't do a single bloody thing the whole time! Or have we all forgotten that?"

Draco noticed Hermione hide her scarred arm behind her back, and he promptly lost his temper. "Don't fucking go there, Weasel. You know I didn't have a choice – "

"You were a bloody coward!"

"Ron!" Hermione's eyes widened. "I remember that but it doesn't matter now."

"Doesn't matter? Merlin, what happened to you?"

Ginny laid a hand on her brother's shoulder. "There's something else you should know, Ron," she swallowed, as though the words were difficult to get out. "About Hermione, she doesn't, um, well, you see – "

"It's okay, Ginny." Hermione hastily stepped forward to explain it herself. She met Ron's gaze squarely, despite her pounding heart. "The truth is...I've lost a lot of my memories. I was captured and the Death-Eaters – "

"Them?" Ron's eyes darted to the Slytherins behind her.

"No, not them! Other Death-Eaters. They used the Cruciatus on me for about...three years, until Draco found me. And I think the curses broke my mind, because I've forgotten a lot of things since then."

Ron's eyes were guarded. "Hermione, what're you saying? Did you forget about us?"

"I – "

"You forgot about me?"

"I didn't mean to! I forgot about Harry too. And other people and things that happened. I just have more distinct memories of some people and less of others."

"More distinct memories?" Ron repeated, and shook off Harry and Ginny's pleas for him to keep his cool. "So you remember some people but not Harry or me? Or any of the things we did?"

She twisted her hands in worry. "It's not that simple..."

"You said you remembered Malfoy watching Bellatrix torture you. So you remembered that? You actually remember Malfoy the bloody ferret?" Hermione's hesitance was answer enough, and Ron's eyes flashed in fury. "You remember the person who tortured you and made your life hell for years, and who was willing to watch you die because he and his worthless parents were too useless – "

Ron was cut off when someone hurled forward, holding a wand up to his neck. But it wasn't Draco who had moved, or even the hot-headed Theo. Instead, it was Pansy, whose lips were curled with an anger that rivalled his.

"I dare you to finish your sentence," she hissed, digging the tip of the wand against his skin. "Try it. I promise that you'll be hexed into oblivion by three Slytherins who would do anything to defend Draco's honour."

"Pansy." Draco shook his head at his friend, and she reluctantly withdrew her wand. He stepped towards Ron, ignoring the other D.A. members who stiffened and raised their wands defensively.

"Weasel," he dragged the syllables out belligerently, smirking at the way Ron's began to lose his temper all over again. Really, it was too fucking easy. "I need a word with you. In private," he turned and pointed at Harry, whose eyes widened. "And you too."

Ron's eyes narrowed. "If you're going to kill us – "

"If I wanted to, you would be dead by now."

"Harry." Ron turned to his best friend when the latter didn't say a word. "You can't seriously be considering it!"

Harry met Draco's gaze for a moment, before he nodded. "I think this is important."

"I'll even take Malfoy's wand," Ginny offered. She turned to Draco, who rolled his eyes and placed the wand in her hands.

Ron didn't look convinced. "But – "

"It's okay, Ron," Hermione's interjection surprised all of them. She stared at him softly and nodded. "Draco won't hurt you. You know that I'll never forgive him if he does. I punched him once and I can definitely give a repeat of that performance if necessary. Right, Draco?" She turned to the blonde wizard, who mumbled some sort of vague agreement in return.

Ron seemed to relax at her words, and reluctantly followed Harry and Draco to the balcony. The moment they were outside, Draco waved a hand at the door. "Colloportus." The door swung shut and he cast a muffling charm on it, before he turned to them. "Don't even think about hexing me just because I'm wandless."

Ron scowled. "What the hell do you want, Ferret?"

"Glad to see we're still so chummy, but I see you're dying to stuff your face with food as usual so I'll get right to the point."

He stared straight at Ron, who suddenly looked nervous. Harry was deathly silent as well.

"Three years ago, right after the Dark Lord won the battle, Hermione Granger was hit by a spell and fell off Potter's broom," Draco said, in his calmest voice, before going in for the kill. "Did you or did you not use Obliviate on her?"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro