001 | Do You Wanna Dance with Me?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

For the very first time in her life, Leanne Hayes has a partner. Although it's just for the school's homecoming dance, she is happy that someone is finally giving her a chance. She's the reclusive type who hardly ever goes to parties. She's never been asked out at all. No-one has ever found her interesting. So, why is tonight different? Why is Sarah Whiteman suddenly interested in her?

The only place where the truth will come to light is the dance floor.

For the very first time in her life, Lola Forsyth has been rejected. She's used to scoring dates with guys and girls, having fun with her friends and family without worrying about being left behind and not fearing judgement from anyone else. Instead, Becky Howard sent her to take a hike.

The only way to find out why is, of course, on the dance floor.

Alone in a corner, Lola wonders whether she's going to stay by herself all night. After Becky declined her invitation to dance with her, she fears that she might have no chances as a potential Homecoming Queen.

On the other hand, Leanne is uncomfortable on the dance floor. She has never been a good dancer and has never even considered taking dance classes. She doesn't match Sarah's agility and coordination and finds herself unable to catch up with her partner's sultry moves.

Although Sarah isn't frustrated at the repeated mistakes, Leanne is. She's so conscious of her limits that she believes her poor figure might prove costly.

On the sidelines, Lola is struggling with this scene. She knows both Leanne and Sarah and doesn't want their self-esteem to plummet even further. When Shawn Bratton, one of the popular guys, asks her why she's alone, she just answers, "It's a long story. But it doesn't matter. There's someone who needs my help, and I know exactly what to do."

He nods, pointing at the couple in pain. "You mean Sarah and Leanne? Oh, yes, I'd be honored to help you. Come on." He takes her hand and the two of them head to the center of the dance floor, where Leanne is already on the brink of tears.

Sarah explains, "She has never taken part in a ball before and doesn't even know any moves. Please, help us. Every time she makes a mistake, she fears she'll make even more."

"So, this is a major trust issue, right? Come on, let's show them how we do it." Shawn puts his hands on Lola's hips and the two of them start swaying to the rhythm, perfectly catching the tempo. The two of them know how to heat the dance floor, to the point that Sarah begs a reluctant Leanne to try again.

"Come on, we can do it."

The two girls slowly shake their hips and start copying Shawn and Lola's moves. The other students in the room are hypnotized. Becky Howard, the girl who rejected Lola, comments, "Wow, I made a huge mistake. They're having the time of their lives. If only I hadn't been so foolish..."

Lola notices Becky's rueful glance and invites her to join the rest. "You might have turned me down, but this doesn't mean that I resent you. Come on."

As Becky accepts the offer, Sarah stops by the buffet table and takes a cup of red punch for her partner. She's about to go back to the center of the room when Leanne reaches her. "Is that punch? I haven't tried it yet."

"You should try it, it's really good." That said, Sarah hands her the cup before kissing her cheek. "You're amazing, you know? Don't let those fools bring you down, I'm here for you."

Leanne blushes as she sips her punch, knowing that, for the first time, someone special has just come into her life.

In the mean time, Lola is still on the dance floor, laughing out loud and realizing that she doesn't need anyone's validation to be truly happy.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro