Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Are you nervous?"

"Very."

"Me too."

Heejae's head whipped towards Yoongi as he confessed about feeling nervous. He didn't look nervous though, infact he looked as calm as the surface of a lake. But then, there's chaos under the calm surface of water too, just hidden from eyes.

Licking her dry lips, Heejae raised her hand bravely and pushed on the doorbell. The door opened almost instantly, as if the person behind it had been expecting them.

"Oh," came out of Heejae's mouth as her eyes landed on the person standing infront of her. Her nervousness immediately melted away as she was soon being pulled in a hug. "Dad! Its so good to see you."

"Its good to see you too, my girl. Sorry I haven't been able to make time for you recently," he said with a guilty smile as he pulled away. The woman shook her head, raising on her tip toes to kiss her father's cheek. "No need, dad. I know how difficult it is to manage a business."

Mr. Park lovingly patted his daughter's head and looked behind her. "I see you've brought a guest," his warm smile suddenly changed to a more practiced, professional one just as the young man bowed and put his hand forward.

"Hello, sir. I'm Min Yoongi," he said, clasping the older man's hand in both of his. "Nice to meet you, Min Yoongi. I'm Heejae's father but you can call me Mr. Park. For now," he said, his eyes hard as he regarded the young man.

"Let's go in now," Mr. Park said after a moment, moving aside to let the couple in. "It's not advisable to test our luck when it comes to your mother. She's scary." Heejae couldn't argue on that.

As they went further inside the house, Heejae instinctively clasped Yoongi's hand, surprising him. He didn't mind though. Seeing how her father was afraid of his wife, he could use a little support. He had a feeling that her mother might not be as welcoming as Mr. Park had been.

Yoongi had been to many places since he debuted, grandiose places. Even their own dorms were now better than the one they had before. His own apartment was pretty luxurious but this house was just the epitome of luxury and high class. It was as if the occupants wanted to show off their wealth and intimidate their guests at the same time. He was indeed impressed but not at all intimidated. He was just nervous about her parents' reactions.

Mr. Park led them to the living room. The decor of the room kept the vibes bright but it was no less beautiful than the rest of the house. In the centre of it all stood Heejae's mother, sticking out like a sore spot in her flashy dark purple dress.

Yoongi was quick to take inventory of the situation. Heejae's mother, Kang Hei Ryung didn't look pleased seeing him. She was stiff as she smiled tightly at them, a completely fake smile. But he was sure she would do her best to intimidate him and try bringing him down. He could have laughed at that thought if he wasn't surrounded by so many people.

Exchanging pleasantries, they took a seat. Heejae and Yoongi sat together on one couch, Mr. Park across them and the mother in the single armchair that almost resembled a throne. It was clear who the head of the house was.

"Mother, we—"

"What did you say that you do?" Hei Ryung asked, cutting off Heejae mid-sentence. Infact, the older woman didn't so much as spare a glance at her. She was totally focused on Yoongi. It was like watching a prey though, with a saccharine smile on her face, staring at her prey.

Without missing a beat or even blinking, Yoongi answered with confidence, "I'm an Idol, part of a k-pop group called BTS." The woman nodded as if she was truly interested but everyone in the room could see beneath the facade. "So, you sing and dance, right?"

"That would be correct, though I'm one of the rappers. We attend a lot of shows, music and entertainment both."

"You must be very busy then," Hei Ryung remarked, taking a sip of her tea. "How did you find time to come here? You must have a good reason."

Yoongi shrugged nonchalantly, sitting back comfortably. "I came to see Heejae's parents. As her boyfriend, it's a given, right?" He smirked seeing the way the mother's jaw clenched. She turned her angry eyes at her daughter who was staring at the man beside her in shock. This wasn't the part of the plan.

"You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend, Heejae," Hei Ryung's tone was chastisising as she looked at Heejae for the first time. "I thought you were making progress with Hyunwoo. Don't you care anything about his feelings?"

"There wasn't anything between them to begin with," Yoongi replied instead, his face passive but fists clenched tightly. Even without meeting this Hyunwoo he had developed a deep hate for this man. "We were in a relationship even before you tried setting them both up. It's the reason why we are here."

Hei Ryung scoffed turning her gaze at the young man. "And what is that reason? You want me to stop trying to marry my daughter off to a good wealthy man who will surely treat her like a queen? Or you want me to agree to your relationship? Welcome you in my family? Dream on, Mr. Min. There is no place for people like you in my family."

"Kang Hei Ryung!" Mr. Park suddenly shouted, surprising all three of them. Heejae's grip on Yoongi's hand tightened seeing her father's angry face. She knew this wasn't going to end well.

"Is this a way to talk to our guest?" Mr. Park continued. "If our daughter brought this man home it means their relationship is serious. We should support them with open arms instead of driving them away."

The woman crossed her legs, staring at her husband calmly. "Alright, you do that but I can't accept their relationship, no matter what," she said, turning to look at Yoongi again. "Mr. Min, I really appreciate you taking time from your busy schedule to come meet us but you won't be getting anything from me. Nothing personal really, we are just not on the same level, you know? Do you even know who that girl you are calling your girlfriend is? She is heir to the Kang Art foundation, she is a businesswoman and a world class classical singer. Do you really think you can have a chance with her? A rapper with a shelf life of a decade and a rich heiress. I could die laughing at the thought."

The room fell silent. Heejae was mortified by her mother's words while Mr. Park had lost all hope in his wife. She wasn't the woman he had once loved, she had changed in the worst version of herself. Yoongi on the other hand started laughing.

Heejae's head whipped towards him, shocked once again to see him act like this. She had always known him as a fighter, a dirty fighter at that who didn't bother keeping his tongue in check. But this Yoongi, she had never seen him. He was like a complete stranger to her. She realised then, their constant banter had always been friendly with no heat. This version of him was scary, mean, unforgiving and savage.

"I see what you are saying, Miss Kang," he said with a smirk, leaning forward with his arms on his thighs. "You are getting old and your thinking is even older. I don't need to tell you who I am because I can see in your eyes that you know exactly who and what I am. Get out of your fantasy, old lady, it's not good there. Heejae is my girlfriend and she won't be seeing any other man henceforth just because you told her to. She makes her own life choices, be it singing, being a director or the man she dates. You have no power over her."

The old woman's face became red with anger, her breathing fastened as she stared at the smug man. He was not easy to crack but she knew exactly how to crack her daughter. She turned her eyes at Heejae who looked a little pale and her words were meant to hurt when she said, "Get rid of the baby."

The smile on Yoongi's face fell and Heejae's breath caught in her throat as her hand instinctively shot to her stomach. "M-Mother, w-what are you saying?"

"You thought I wouldn't know?" Hei Ryung smiled unemotionally at her daughter. "I'm not a fool to not find out everything already. You still haven't completely understood your mom. Be a good girl and get rid of this man and his spawn before it's too late."

"What the hell, Hei Ryung?" Mr. Park raised his voice as he got up. "Are you out of your mind? That's our daughter for god's sake!"

"That's why I'm saying this!" Hei Ryung replied, getting on her feet as well. "I'm only saying what is best for her. You don't know anything..."

The couple started fighting, the sounds of their hurtful words becoming background noise as Heejae processed her mother's words. She wanted her to get rid of her unborn baby. She almost laughed at the irony but instead a tear trailed down her cheek.

Heejae was pulled out of her thoughts when she felt a hand on her arm. She looked up to see a very furious Yoongi, urging her to get up. "Come on, we are leaving." She didn't argue. She let Yoongi put an arm around her shoulders as he started towards the front door.

She stopped just when they would have been out of the room though. Heejae turned back, looking at her parents who were still fighting. It wasn't a new sight for her but she decided to interrupt them for the first time. She needed to say this.

"Do you know why I never called you mom?" her shaky voice made the elderly couple turn towards her, out of breath from shouting at each other. "Because you have never been a mom to me. To me, you were always the woman who gave me birth. I have resented you for that ever since I can remember. But you know what you should have done? You should have gotten rid of me the moment I came into existence, in your womb. Just the way you asked me to get rid of my child, you should have gotten rid of me as well. But I have a better idea now. You can consider me dead from now on. I'm Park Heejae after all, not a Kang. I'm my dad's daughter."

"Heejae..." her father whispered, moving towards her to comfort her but Yoongi stopped him by saying, "I'll take care of her, sir, don't worry. But we can't stay here any longer." Mr. Park could only nod and watch his daughter leave with a heavy heart.

With a defeated sigh, he turned to look at his shocked wife who had sunk down on her chair. "Happy now? You pushed and pushed and pushed her to be something she isn't and now, you've lost her. Congratulations, oh, almighty Kang Hei Ryung! You've finally achieved your goal, driving away every important person in your life. I hope you live a good life but I'm not sticking around to watch. Goodbye."

~~~~
A/N:

Wow, this is the longest chapter till now, most intense too.

I was so stuck while writing this bcuz I usually don't engage in fights and I don't know how to make a savage comeback but I hope this was savage enough and heartbreaking too. I'm definitely heartbroken for Heejae.

Do you think Heejae and her mother's relationship can be salvaged?

What do you think about Heejae and Yoongi's relationship? Will they make any progress after this and make it official?

Let me know what you think.

Thank you for reading 💜💜

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro