Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It wasn't anything new for Yoongi to have a person in his studio. Especially having Heejae there.

Ever since they decided to be together, they were inseparable. Having worked together in the same space for almost a month, he didn't like having her away, the distance made him jittery. He had become clingy, much like Heejae kept telling him every day with a fond smile on her face. But she wasn't any better either.

He wasn't embarrassed though. If they had been together five years ago, maybe then he would be but now he wasn't. He had changed for the better and he liked himself as he was. He was considerably more comfortable in his skin than he was when they debuted and had tried to be someone he wasn't.

A part of that comfort was Heejae who sat in front of the keyboard and worked on her music. It mesmerized him to see her work, be it directing, editing photos and videos, or music. She shined bright in everything she did, her eyes burning with a passion that was similar to his and he was attracted to that, like a moth to fire.

She was serious about the performance she had promised her mother to do. The event was probably six months away but she wasn't one to do things at the last moment. She wanted to create a brand new piece for her solo and finish it before she started practicing with the singer two months prior to the show.

But then a thought struck him as his gaze landed on her body, clad in a simple shirt and shorts. She had been gaining weight steadily and though the baby was only visible on a monitor, it would be much more noticeable when the concert would happen. She would be nine months pregnant then.

His heart flipped at the image that formed in his mind. Butterflies took off in his stomach as he thought about her, holding her belly, gazing at it with that same soft smile of fondness that he sometimes caught her with when she stared at her belly in the mirror. She thought he didn't see her but he did and it made him feel nervous and ecstatic at the same time.

Gulping hard, Yoongi looked up, his eyes widening when he saw her looking at her. Her lips pulled up in amusement.

"What are you thinking?" she asked, the tune she had been working on playing in the background but he didn't hear it. He continued looking at her, noting the little imperfections on her face, a few scars, the laugh lines, the small mole right at the corner of her left eye. She was so beautiful.

"Yoongi," she called out softly, her hand brushing the hair on his forehead back. He didn't notice when she walked closer to him, dazed as he was. He couldn't care less though when she was within his reach to pull her on his lap, closing the little distance between them.

With a grin taking over her lips, she quickly wrapped her arms around his neck, wiggling her bottom playfully as she got comfortable. It made him smirk as he tightened his grip on her thighs, stopping her from moving.

"Tell me what you are thinking," she implored him once again, bending down to kiss his nose.

"I'm thinking," he began, brushing his knuckles softly against her cheek, "you are going to look so sexy when the concert happens."

A surprised laugh left her lips, her head shaking in denial even as colour rose to her cheeks. "No, I won't," she told him. "I'll be big and fat. That's not what sexy looks like."

He hummed thoughtfully, letting his hand squeeze her thigh in a way he knew would melt her. "I beg to differ, Ms. Park," he said, satisfied with the darker shade of red that covered her cheeks now, her pupils dilated. "I think you'll be super sexy and you won't be fat, you'll be very much pregnant. And trust me when I say this, Heejae. Even if you feel like that, I'll make sure to change your mind every damn time because you are beautiful. Your heart is beautiful."

Her breath quickened, something inside her breaking as she looked into his eyes and saw his earnestness. Yoongi would hide things but he would never lie, she knew that and she wanted to trust his word even when her deeply ingrained insecurities stared back at her every time she looked in the mirror.

She shook her head though, leaning down with a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes as she pressed her lips against his, trying to distract him. She didn't need to dwell in the past, the barb of words that had pierced her heart once to twist again when she had been doing just fine till now. She knew now that her mother's way of keeping her fit wasn't the best and she was better off not thinking about it.

He pulled away suddenly, holding her face away from him with a firm grip on her neck when she whimpered at the loss of him. "Tell me," he said, knowing she was trying to hide a part of herself from him. He didn't like it, especially when they had decided to be completely honest with each other.

She sighed, knowing he wouldn't let it go so easily. Her only option was to give in, like always. Bare herself to him completely despite how it felt as if she was letting herself depend on him too much. It scared her even more. What if he left her?

"I just don't like my body as much as I should, I guess," she told him slowly, not meeting his eyes as she closed them to reminisce the past. "I told you my mother wasn't the best, she had a different way of dealing with things. At some point, I must have started gaining weight than what was considered ideal. She cut off my food, told me I had to exercise to look pretty. You know how teenagers are, they take looks so seriously. I did too. She was direct with her words but they didn't hurt as much as the bullying did."

She took a deep breath then, managing to open her eyes to connect with his hard ones. She cupped his face, hoping to make him unclench his jaw under her touch. "It's okay, Yoongi. I don't think that badly about myself anymore. I'll get there because I'm trying to love myself more every day. Colouring my hair and getting tattoos is a way of doing it."

His hands flexed on her thighs making her squeak in surprise. She tightened her hand in his hair instinctively, making him wince. "Oh, I'm sorry," she whispered, aghast by her actions even as she tried soothing the pain away.

His previous fury forgotten, he only chuckled. "You are so cute, Heejae. Did you know that? You just made me forget what I was going to say."

She laughed at that, glad that the subject had changed. "It's your fault, Mr. Min. You squeezed me."

"And I loved doing that." Another squeeze, making her gasp. "I love doing it only to hear all those pretty sounds you make." Leaning forward, he placed a chaste kiss at the base of her neck. “And I love the way you look, no matter what. Try to see yourself from my eyes.”

She smiled softly and nodded, opening her mouth to speak but the ringing of her phone stopped her. Frowning, she picked it up and put it on speaker as a man’s voice filled the studio.

“There were no unusual movements today from the suspects,” the investigator said in a clipped tone before the call ended.

Heejae sighed as she pocketed the phone and looked at Yoongi's equally disappointed eyes. A fortnight ago, they had lost the cameraman. He had miraculously disappeared, no travel information or witnesses, he just disappeared and with him, they had lost their tail. There had been no suspicious activities like before, something that indicated to the person who had sent the bunny.

Now when she thought about it, the case had been so cleverly hidden, their attention divided because of their relationship being revealed. The company, the police had all but forgotten it in order to ensure they both stayed safe and tried to calm the fans down rather than focusing on a possibly bigger threat.

Something wasn't right, everything felt awfully off.

“Say, Yoongi,” she said in the ensuing silence, “how ‘bout we hit the streets tonight like we did back when we tracked those gangsters tailing Sehee?”

His eyes widened, a retort on his tongue ready before he saw the shadows of doubt in her eyes, the suspicion and the determination that said, 'if they can't do it, I'll do it'. And Yoongi had no doubts she would go out alone even if he was against it. What were the odds anyway?

~~~~
A/N:

It's been seriously so long since I updated and I'm really sorry about it. I just couldn't find the inspiration nor the right words with the stress of my exams but I'm over it and the next major exam is in April so I'm hoping I'll be able to update more regularly. Rest assured, I won't discontinue or abandon any of my works.

Let me know what you think of the new development and how you liked this chapter which was majorly from Yoongi's pov.

Thank you for reading!!❤️❤️

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro