{18} Party Disasters

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Amira Sarker

After I prayed Maghrib (sunset prayer), I sat and read another thriller book. Although thriller books terrified me to my core, I couldn't stop my curiosity form reading more. I had an insatiable taste in scaring myself and I needed the books to breathe.

.As I read, I couldn't help but think how Nanu was doing. Was he okay? What about Mum and Baba? They were still not home, and the thought alone scared me. Tanwir came home an hour ago. He seemed dreadfully angry and went straight to his room. I wondered what got him so mad.

Nani laid in bed ever since Nanu left for the hospital. She only got up to pray and she spent a long time in worship. I couldn't help but admire how hard she was focused on only Allah. She would spend so long in worship that it made me ask myself what was stopping me from doing that.

My phone beeped and I checked to see if it was a message from Damon. It was. I felt a smile climb onto my lips.

Damon: Hey u going to the Tye's party tonight?

Tye was having a party today as a cheer for the start of winter break. Tye invited our whole grade since his parents were out, but they let him have his party because, what teenager doesn't throw parties in their huge house when their parents aren't around? I obviously didn't go to those high school parties because it was just a red zone to fitnah (temptation). As tempting as it may have been I loved Allah more.

Me: Nah. High school parties aren't my thing.

Damon: Well that sucks. I'm gonna miss ur presence there ;)

Even when he wasn't next to me, he could still make me feel like I was on cloud nine. My stomach turned in ways that I never felt before. The fact that he could make me feel burning sensations all over my body scared me to no end. Damon was the forbidden apple that I desired, the one shaytan (Satan) kept urging me towards with promises that were weary.

I couldn't become attached to him. Whenever a girl became attached to a guy, the romance collapsed. I wasn't naive to reality. The world was harsh, pushing me past my limits more than once, and through it all I was strong in my faith towards Allah. I was firm in my belief.

Me: I hope you have fun.

Damon: it won't be much fun without u.

I desperately wanted to go to the party. Damon was going, but I knew that would be a terrible idea. I promised to take care of Nani while Mum and Baba were at the hospital with Nanu.

I sighed, leaning back against the sofa with my eyes closed. 

Every other girl had a boy attached to her hip. Every other girl was free to kiss whomever she wanted. Every other girl was not as conflicted between right and wrong, where the wrong looked most appetizing.

Allah tested those who were strong in their belief more to make sure that their faith was true, genuine, real. I believed in Islam with all my heart. I understood the warnings, but I was young and vulnerable to mistakes. Allah was privy to my scandalous thoughts, but I knew Islam was a religion that taught self-control.

Allah is saving someone very special for you. Just for you. Those romances are full of crap. You know pure hearts are for the pure. Be patient and you'll get the best romance of them all, I reminded myself.

Me: How sweet of u.

Damon: Don't u know it XD

Me: Get going u big goof.

Damon: Only if u come with me.

Was he asking me to go with him? An unfamiliar pounding clammed itself against the mental walls that I spent so long to build. I could feel my mentality cracking every so slightly.

Me: What?

Damon: I better get going. see ya later?

Me: Yeah, bye.

Maybe he was kidding about me going with him. Yeah, he probably was. I put my phone down and checked the time. I bet Nani was hungry right now, so I got up and made tasty tuna paste to put in a sandwich.

I climbed the steps towards the guest room and knocked twice. She obviously didn't hear, so I slowly peeked in.

Nani sat on her bed while reciting the Qur'an, her frail voice shaking over pronunciations and her lips murmuring softly. I quietly shut the door behind me and brought the food to her. She noticed me and frowned.

"What's this?" she asked, eyeing the sandwich.

"Food. It's bread and fish. I made it myself and thought you were hungry," I said loudly hoping she heard.

"What?"

I sighed and tried again. "It's bread and fish."

She tilted her head sideways and I knew she had not heard. I was getting really frustrated, so I took a few deep breaths. Calm down she can't hear correctly. I tried one last time and repeated what I said, but even louder than before.

She finally heard me and thanked me for the food. I smiled.

"Amira! Be quiet!" Tanwir shouted.

I glared at the wall. "She couldn't hear me, smart one," I shouted back.

Stupid jerk. Who would have ever thought that trying to help a person would be so difficult? This was not only a test to his faith, but my faith as well seeing as I had to be patient with his tantrums and use proper Islamic manners.

My phone buzzed, much to my annoyance.

Meredith: Hey could u call me when u get my text?

Sighing, I quickly dialed Meredith's number and she answered after the third ring.

"Hello?"

"It's Amira."

"Oh, hey. Um... I kinda need a favor," she trailed off, uncertainty weaving through her words like yarn.

"What kind of favor?" I asked, suspiciously.

"Well... uh... you see... my guy friend took me and Aria to Tye's party so we could help Aria get over Mark and let's just say it didn't end well," she mumbled, timidly.

"What happened?" I breathed out, anxious to know.

"We caught Mark making out with Leah and Aria kinda lost it. I don't want to stay here and let Aria sit in misery. Plus my guy friend is drunk and Aria is lightheaded, so my only ride is gone and I just really need you to come pick us up," she rushed over the roar of the music.

How do teens even get access to alcohol? Society is screwed up.

"But I only have my learner's permit. What if the cops catch me?" I asked nervously while glancing at Tanwir's door. He'd surely kill me if I took his car.

"Please, Amira. We really need you. I promise the cops won't come. Tye isn't that stupid of a party thrower. He keeps things organized," she tried to reason.

"You don't know what will happen," I sighed.

"Amira, please. You're my only chance. Think of Aria. I can't let her suffer like that. We're her friends. She needs us the most right now. I'm not good at making people feel better, but it comes naturally to you. Please, come," she begged.

I thought my choices over in my head. I'm a Muslim. I'm suppose to help others, right? Meredith was right. Aria needed her friends.

"I'm on my way. Just go get Aria."

"Thank you. You're a lifesaver."

"I know," I smiled, hanging up.

Now, my only problem was to get a car. Tanwir was home, so maybe I could get his car and leave Nani in his care. First, I had to ask him. I went to his room and knocked twice. I heard him grumble and thought that was my signal to come in.

"Can I borrow your car?" I asked.

"No."

"I really need it. Please, Tanwir. It's really important that I get it."

Oh Allah, please let him agree.

"Who's gonna take care of Nani?" he asked as he raised his eyebrows.

"It won't be long and Mum and Baba will be here soon."

"No, Amira. Now, can you please leave."

"Tanwir, I am begging you to let me use your car. Nani is in her room and won't bother you I promise. And if you really don't want her here, I'll take her with me. Just know that she's your sick family member. She took care of you when you were little. Think what the Prophet would do," I said softly.

"Shut up and take the car. I'll watch over Nani. You better be back soon," he stared at me pointedly.

"Thanks, bro. I promise I'll be back as soon as I can," I smiled appreciatively.

I hoped Meredith and Aria didn't do anything they would regret before I got there.

Meredith texted me the address of Tye's house and I reached it in no time. Music vibrated from the huge house. A strong scent of alcohol hit my nostrils, making me scrunch my nose in disgust.

I regret coming here.

A pit of uneasiness formed in my stomach as I walked towards the front door, each step was heavier than the last, restricting my ability to get in and get out.

I swallowed my fear and knocked on the door. This is for Aria. I'm doing this for the sake of helping my friends, I reminded myself. No one answered, so I tried again. Finally, Maya opened the door.

"Who invited you?" she scowled.

"I'm here to pick a friend up. Last I heard it's a free country," I retorted.

"Don't smart talk me. Get out of here. You're not welcomed," she glared as she turned to shut the door.

Alright, Amira time to swallow your pride. I put my foot in before she could close the door. "Please Maya. I really need to get in," I said, gently. She looked at me once before letting me in. "Thank you," I smiled as I walked by.

The music was so loud that I wanted to just turn it all off. I hated these types of parties. Girls wearing skimpy dresses, grinding against a half somber guy, who looked as if he were personally enlightened. I shivered at the crudeness of the party. I started searching for Meredith or Aria. They weren't picking up their phones, so now I had to look around this place. Just my luck, I thought.

I saw a couple kissing the life out of the each other, licking around the girls lips and groping her in many off-limit zones. The girl didn't mind, smirking against the guy's lips as she tugged his hair. I resisted the urge to gag.

My Lord, this is disgusting. Have these people never heard of a room? The smell of sweat crawled up my nose. Gross. Oh Allah, please protect me from all this. As I almost gave up I saw something that made my stomach turn.

Damon was leaning against the wall with his hand on a girl's hip. His hair looked like fingers ran through them and he was wearing a plaid shirt with jeans. The girl next to him placed one of Damon's hands on her behind, whispering into his ear as she giggled from intoxication.

Anger welled within me, my frustration rising to the surface as I glanced at them. I knew he wasn't different. He was just like all the other boys in the world, full of empty promises and broken words.

Guys like Damon lured a girl into their trap, ushering them with gifts and kindness, telling the girl that she was special just to rip open her chest and stomp on her heart.

Damon always was and forever will be just a crush. I meant nothing to him. I was just a girl who was victim to his playful ways, to his breathtaking smile, to his alluring charisma, and that was my fault for not seeing through it. I wiped the angry tears from my eyes.

He was just a crush, just another boy who meant nothing to me. 

Assalamualaikum!

Okay, so what you you all think of Damon and Amira? I know Amira probably shouldn't have done that, but remember she's a strong Muslimah and is going through a time of struggle so of course she's going to make a mistake. Remember to vote, comment, and fan!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro