21: Another Accidental Run-In

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Why do Legoshi and I have to frequent the same places, constantly? You thought to yourself as you laid on the bench by the fountain. Even though it hadn't been your intention, and you were here first, it was too tempting to eavesdrop on Haru and Legoshi's conversation.

"What's up?" Haru asked, "You don't normally contact me at night."

"Y-yeah..."

"So, what's the matter, you big weirdo?"

"Nothing, really." Legoshi let out a breath. "What happened to your right hand?"

"Oh, I accidentally cut it with a knife when I was cooking. I grabbed the knife like I was in a hurry and..." She paused, and gazed at the wolf who was sitting at full height. "Legoshi... You're up to high." She pulled him by the tie to be face to face with her. "You have to slump down so I can see you at eye level."

"R-Right... What?" Legoshi was nervous as she didn't relinquish his tie. "So, am I..."

"Stop talking and kiss me." Haru demanded.

"Okay..." You had to admit it was a little heartbreaking to hear this conversation. "Uh, Haru?" The kiss didn't happen. "Are you still in love with Louis?"

You covered your mouth in shock. Why would he ask that question right then?!

"What?" Haru sounded upset. "Why would you saythat...? You don't know anything baout me and Louis... So, why are you bringing it up!?"

"I do know. It's written all over your face." Legoshi sighed and stood up. "I took something from Louis and he took something from me. I can't tell the difference between feelings like love, devotion, protection and infatuation... But after I saw them together... I think I realized that I don't feel like I want you to be mine and only mine. I'm just happy knowing that you're alive. My love for you a prayer for your safety; not a desire to have you as my own..."

"No..." Haru's voice cracked.

"From now on, I want to watch over you... from a distance... And figure out what I can do to put everyone back to normal."

And the conversation dissolved.  As you took a breath of relief, you realized it felt like you had been holding your breath the entire time.

But this wouldn't be the end of your night. A new smell hit your nose and you were confused as to why they were here. You couldn't remember their name, but you stood up as soon as you heard a sadly familiar sound of flesh hitting flesh. Something was going on. You sniffed and sniffed, but when you got to spot, the culprit was gone. And there was a trail of blood leading to behind the school building.

The smell of blood and anger and fear filled your nose and you wanted to leave. Who were you to get in this battle?

"HEY!" You yelled out, still a safe distance. "What are you doing?!"

The noises of fighting stopped and you waited about a minute before running over to help whoever was the victim.

And of course, it was Legoshi. It would never have been someone else.

"Legoshi!" You pulled him into your lap. "Legoshi, you need help! I'm not strong enough to drag you..."

You searched for his phone and immediately saw a text on the front screen from an animal named Jack.

"Call Jack," You commanded the phone.

"Calling 'Jack'." The phone's robotic voice sounded back.

After only one ring, a young canine voice answered. "Hey, Legoshi, where are you?"

"Legoshi is behind the building to the left of the drama club...could you p-please come help us?"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro