26: Cosmo & Vegetable Juice

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"So, how did it go?" You asked Louis as he drank coffee at a small bar.

"...He changed 'leave' to 'absence'... I just can't read him..." Louis looked down at the Leave form for Cherryton. "Do you want more tea, YN? Buy what you like."

"More celery and asparagus. For you and I." You nodded at him sweetly as he patted your mane.

"Very kind."

"Hey!" The Okapi from the other night came into the bar. "Wow. You really showed up... and you brought the girl..."

"Just this once...  I respect you as an herbivore, but I have no intention of being familiar with you."

She giggled as she sat down and removed her coat. "I get that. I'll just make this last. Can I have two 100% vegetable juices?"

"Three!" You chimed in. The Okapi smiled at you. She was skeptical of why you were with Louis and not in school. But vegetable juice was something you really liked, so you couldn't help but speak up.

"It's okay. This is the only bar in the black market that serves vegetable juice. The boss has an empathy for herbivores." She settled Louis' worried face. "Have you never had it?"

Louis shook his head and you looked at him oddly. You drank it all the time when you grew up.

"You'll enjoy the root crops in this drink. Cheers!" All three of you collectively clinked glasses and tossed them back. "You don't seem used to being here. My name is Cosmo and I've lived in the black market for eight years. I'm prepared to be buried here. That's always been true ever since I became a stripper here. But in the end, this is a heaven for carnivores and a hell for herbivores.... You're still young, aren't you? This is the only chance you have to get out of here. Both of you." Cosmo stood up and nodded to the young beasts in front of her. "Be safe on your way home."

Louis sighed and shook his head, returning back to you for conversation. "No one believes I will stay here. My father doesn't. My friends don't. Even a random stripper doesn't. Am I so weak?"

You kissed his shoulder. "No. They all just know you're even better than this. You won't rest until you've got to whole world under your hoof." Louis laughed at this. "Let's go back to your place, Louis. I want to sit in the hot tub."

Quickly, he stood up and offered you his hand. Strolling out of the bar and down the black market alleyway, Louis told the lions the plans and then proceeded to strut like it was a runway. And in some form, it was-- beasts cheered for him and the Shishigumi. They loved how he had changed the alleyway and made it safer for all. Not that he would admit it, but he reveled in the attention. It made him feel like he was actually doing something. And he also felt happy to be showing off to you.

If I must be honest, I've never been so happy as now. As cruel as it is to keep her from school besides her classes, the comfort it provides me is next-to-none. I treat her like the princess she should be... If only I was a maned wolf in a maned wolf conglomerate. Louis laughed at the thought. I'd leave my fiancee for her. She's really been opening up lately... I wonder how long I can keep this going before someone comes to ruin it.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro