6: A Palace Costs More Than Money

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"So are you going to come back to school?" You asked Louis as you strolled upstairs in the massive hide out.

"Not any time soon." Louis let out a breath. "Can't you wait until we're alone? I do hate being listened to..." His eyes shifted over the lions who were pretending to chat, but clearly showed interest in why a little maned wolf was here.

Eventually, Louis and you arrived to a large room. As you scanned it, you noticed a massive bed,  surrounded by an expansive carpet. There were fainting sofas and day beds, desks and decorations.

"It's like you're a king..." You looked around in awe. "And I thought your room at Cherryton was nice."

"It was. But until things settle down, I won't be returning. Besides, did you know I had a certain wolf threaten me after your kidnapping? He told me that if I were to ever return, he would ensure I never touch you again." Louis scanned your face for emotion. There wasn't a readable one.

"Kind of a dumb thing for him to say, but he was probably angry. I'm sure you were being a jerk."

"Be a little more honest with me, please." Louis rolled his eyes and glared at you as you took a seat on a sofa.

"I mean, it's kind of nice hearing that he said that... I'm still sure you were being a jerk and provoked him."

Then, he was in your face.

"Lie again and see what I do to you." His voice was laced with threats that you knew he would follow through on.

"I love that he said that. It makes my heart pound." Just like it was pounding now. "But it makes me furious too because he has hardly talked to me since we returned." You locked eyes with the deer. "And you were definitely being a jerk."

Louis laughed and sat down next to you, arm slung behind your back.

"I don't have a television in this room, but I have lots of other amenities. Feel free to utilize any of them." He crossed one leg over the other in his black suit. "Just make sure I'm within distance to hear you scream." Your ears fell at that. "Just a precaution. I don't know these lions well. Any of them could be plotting against me for killing their leader."

"Why would they be okay with you having me here?"

"You're what their boss couldn't have. And all I had to do was write a note and you came running. Who has the most power in that situation?"

"I should have stayed home." Your ears flattened completely.

"You're physically incapable of not doing what others ask of you. Besides, if you stayed home, you would have missed this," With the click from a remote on a side table, the floor in the middle of the room split apart to reveal a hot tub. "Being the leader has its perks."

You eyed it lovingly, desperately wanting to splash about in the water. Before you could do that however, four words slipped out. Words that Louis didn't want to admit.

"But at what cost?"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro