11 - Not Quite Working

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I've been gone a month, so let's skip a month in the fic...mainly just coz I need something else in the storyline to keep going

-1 month later-

The lives of the six of them continued as it had been going. They went to their classes, Dean worked, Michael and Luci broke the fourth wall. Now, the author doesn't actually know what time of the year it would, considering it's winter for them and they're in America.

I mean, you guys have Christmas in winter right? And they would have holidays for that? Yes? Well that's whats damn happening.

"Luci," Michael called to his boyfriend who was somewhere else in the house. "I just had an idea."

"Oo what?" Luci asked, running over to Michael.

"Our brothers have holidays next week don't they?" Michael asked. "For Christmas?"

"Pretty sure," Luci said. "Why?"

"I know somewhere we could go," Michael said with a smile.

~~

Sam and Gabe were hanging out in Sam's dorm room, Gabe lying on the bed as Sam studied for some random thing he had to do. Cas and Dean had been in Cas and Gabe's dorm room.

Now here's the thing. They got back together when they found each other again. But if you don't see someone for such a long time, you can't just start a relationship again immediately.

Something was always off with them. The four of them would hang out, the two couples would make out, but there was always some sort of underlying awkwardness, something they just couldn't shake.

Castiel had noticed it, but Dean tried to ignore it. Sam had noticed it but didn't have the heart to mention it when he saw Gabe's smile.

Michael had noticed it which is why he thought of his idea in the first place.

"You have any plans for Christmas break?" Sam asked Gabe from where he was sitting.

"Nope," Gabe said, popping the p. "Guess I'll just have to hang out with you instead." Sam smiled softly at that.

"And what shall we do in that week?" Sam asked.

"Could prank some people," Gabe said, shrugging.

"Is that always what your idea of fun includes?"

"I guess?" Gabe shrugged. "It's all I've ever really...done..."

Sam looked up from his work to study Gabe. He had a confused look in his eyes, a sort of profound and lost look.

"Gabe," Sam said gently. "There's more to life than just fun and games."

"Oh do tell," Gabe said, rolling his eyes. "You don't think I haven't realized this? Sam I don't know anything other than fun and games."

"You know kindness," Sam said. "For other people. I mean back at—"

"Don't." Gabe sat up, glaring at Sam. "Don't you dare say I know kindness and base it off of then. That was five years ago Sam. Five years. I'm not...I'm not that person anymore."

Sam winced at that. "Look okay I get it, things have happened. But you can't have just given up on being nice to people."

"You weren't there Sam," Gabe said, avoiding eye contact. "You weren't there..."

"I wanted to be," Sam muttered.

"Did you?" Gabe asked. "Did you look for us?"

"I..."

"No. You gave up after less than a year. At least Dean showed up at our own house."

"Gabe come on, we've been over this," Sam said, exasperated. "You know why I didn't look for you."

"Yeah some great reason that was," Gabe muttered. "You could've tried a little harder."

Sam made an annoyed sound in the back of his throat. "Gabe come on."

Gabe didn't say anything as he stood up, still avoiding eye contact with Sam. He walked to the door and paused. "Five years. It's a bit hard after so long Sam." And with that he walked out of the dorm room. And Sam didn't bother to follow him.

~~

Dean and Cas were sitting on Cas's bed watching movies when Gabe burst into the dorm room. He glanced at them before mumbling something under his breath and grabbing the car keys. And then he just left again.

"Well that was weird," Dean said. "Got any idea what's up with him?"

"I would presume he and Sam just had a fight," Cas said.

"What?" Dean said, turning towards Cas. "Why?"

"Dean I think you know why," Cas said. "You've been avoiding the fact."

"You and your damn ability to read people," Dean muttered. "Let's say then that I don't know. Please elaborate."

Cas sighed. "We've been trying to continue a relationship that started five years ago. When we were different people. Things have changed that the other is not aware of, so continuing from exactly where we left off..."

"It doesn't work..." Dean said quietly.

"We all think the other is who they were back then," Cas said. "And that is the person we fell in love with. Relearning who we are is something that takes time and we tried to skip that..."

"Yeah okay Cas I get it," Dean said. "What do you suggest we do then?"

"I don't know," Cas said.

"Well we have an idea," Luci said. Cas and Dean didn't even blink at his sudden appearance, and Michael's moments later.

"Your ideas never turn out well," Cas said.

"It was Michael's idea," Luci said. "I'm just stealing credit for it." Michael glared at him.

"I've noticed what you were just explaining Cas," Michael said. "I was trying to think of some way we could help."

"Well this should be interesting," Dean muttered.

Michael rolled his eyes. "You can't move on because of memories of the camp. So we're going back there."

"Wait what?" Dean said.

"We're going back to camp for a week," Luci said. "Back to where this all started. Really brings the story full circle."

"Luce, no we're not in a story," Michael said. "But...it really does."

"We're going to a summer camp in winter?" Dean asked.

"Yep," Michael said. "Sam and Gabe are going to come to."

"It does make sense," Cas said. "Fix this the way it started."

"I guess," Dean said. "Okay. So we're going back to our summer dream."

~~

Right this is short, but it sets up the rest of the story :D Which means I actually have ideas for this story again, which hopefully means more updates.

Also realized that my writing style has changed a bit. Or, it changes with the time of day xD Most of this was written earlier, so it's a bit different.

Anyway, how's everyone been? I had holidays and am back at school again, but hey the weathers finally getting warmer. Today was damn sunny and I loved it

*Gives everyone a months worth of your choice of pie*

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro