2. The Mangalsutra

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Timeline
The story starts when Abhi and Tanu are about to begin their marriage ceremony in the mandap. I didn't like the track, so made my own.
😂😂

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
Mangalsutra - A sacred thread that a woman wears after she is wedded to her husband. But it isn't simply a thread. It is a symbol of the bond that they are binded in. In happiness as well as sorrow, in health as well as in misery, in this life...as well as in the next.
🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

2. The Mangalsutra

She felt as if someone was piercing her heart with a knife and twisting it over and over again. Each breath that she took felt like inhaling something toxic. Each moment, each second that passed broke her more. But she couldn't do anything but watch as her husband was getting remarried to another.

She wanted to go shout at him, to tell him that she was his wife, that she would die if he married another, that she cannot live without him. But she couldn't do anything, or else she might lose him forever. She wanted to blame Aliah, Tanu, Nikhil, but what was the point of it. All was fruitless because even if he loved her, he himself let her go. He thought of the promise that he made to Tanu's mother, but not once....not once did he think what would happen to her. Its true when people say that you are hurt most by those whom you love above all.

Pragya felt someone put an arm on her shoulder.

Purab didn't speak anything, but his eyes told her how sorry he felt that he could not stop the marriage. But he need not blame himself. He did everything he could for her and she was grateful for it. He was like a brother she never had. Bulbul was lucky to have a lover like Purab, but fate had other plans for both of them. After so much obstacles, they finally got to be happy, together, only to be separated forever. How Purab had been able to live without Bulbul for so long, Pragya didn't know. She was amazed at the strength Purab showed. And maybe...maybe he can teach her how to live without love.

'After all, there is no way I can be with Abhi now.' thought Pragya, as she turned back to look at the mandap, where Tanu and Abhi were ready to begin the ceremonies.

Abhi knows that once the ceremonies begin, he would need to leave his past behind. He would need to leave his Fuggi, his memories with her. It was as if he was leaving his heart behind. He wanted....no, he needed to look back just once, to see her face.

Abhi looked back with a heavy heart, since he knew she would be crying. But what he saw left him speechless. Her eyes held no emotion, they looked totally dead. He has seen her eyes shining with curiosity, sad with sorrow, sparkling with mischief, narrowed in anger, glowing with happiness......but never has he seen her eyes so dead.....so completely dead.

He couldn't bear seeing her like that and he turned forward. She was his heart. And could he live without his heart? He would survive, but it would be as if he was just a robot doing his daily work, eating to survive another day.... but he would be dead from the inside.

"Arree Jiju, what are thinking so hard about. Everything you wished for is right beside you" giggled Shonali, Tanu's cousin.

"Stop troubling him Shonali. This is his last moment of freedom. After that, he will be a prisoner." said Tanu's father.

"Enough teasing. Shonali, beta put it there please" said Tanu's mother, passing Shonali the Mangalsutra on a thali.

"Waw. Its so pretty! Tanu try it once for me, please please please!"

"Areee...no..areee wait." Tanu tried to stop her

"Pleeeassseee for me! Jiju please tell her to put it on once!"

"Ok OK baba..but I'll just put it near my neck. I'll only wear it when Abhi puts it on me." Tanu said shyly and took the Mangalsutra.

At the same time, Abhi looked towards her. He saw the Mangalsutra near Tanu's neck and suddenly there flashed an image of the same Mangalsutra on someone else's neck.

He tried to think harder, but he could only see blurry images. He saw himself putting the Mangalsutra on someone, putting sindoor on her head, but he couldn't see her face in his mind.

Abhi grabbed his head and tried harder to recall her face. He was seeing a blurry image, the beautiful smile of her's, but he couldn't see her face.

'Think harder Abhi think harder. Harder! Think harder Abhi!' he mentally scolded himself 'Harder! Think harder! think har-' he finally saw her face.....and it was none other then...

"Pragya!" Abhi screamed out and everyone was shocked to silence.

Abhi stood up abruptly and looked back towards Pragya.

Slowly he could see several memories passing by in his head.

Him talking to Pragya rudely, him teasing her, him poking her nose, calling her Chashmish.

The slow flow in his mind then became a roaring tornado in his head and he grabbed his head in pain.

He was remembering Bulbul and Purab's affair, Aliah's anger, him misjudging her with Suresh, saving her from the bridge, Tanu's betrayal, her fake avatar as a strict owner of the house, Tanu's lies....every single thing!

Abhi fell down on the floor and everyone rushed forward towards him.

Purab and Pragya reached him first.

"Abhi! Abhi please wake up! Please! O God please! Save him!" Pragya spoke inbetween sobs.

"Please move back. Please. He needs air. Move back!" shouted Purab.

"Purab, here. Water." Mitali brought a glass of water as fast as she could.

"Get out of my way. Abhi! My Abhi! What happened! Let me see! Pragya get away from my husband, you witch! How dare you try to stea-" Dadi slapped her before she could speak more.

"My grandson is in pain, and all you could think about is your marriage! How could you be so selfish!" 😠

"Hey how dare you slap my daughter!" shouted Tanu's mother as she and her husband moved forward, but was blocked by Raj and Dasi.

"Feeling left out? You want me to slap you to?" taunted Dasi. 😈

Shonali was about to object, but one look from Mitali was enough to shut her up.

"Pra-Pragya?" Abhi croaked out, coming to consciousness.

"Yes, yes. I'm here. I'm right here." Pragya said, finally relieved that he was awake.

"I remember Pragya... I remember everything."

"Everything?"

"Yes Chashmish. Everything." Abhi smiled at her and pulled her into a hug.

Pragya was speechless. He called her Chasmish, which he called her when they had newly married. This meant...this meant...

Pragya broke into tears and hugged Abhi back.

"Finally! Bohot bhaga liya bhai." Purab said with a smirk, but had tears in his eyes.

Dadi high-fived Dasi and Raj. They were crying too, but they were tears of happiness.

"Finally you two can be together now. Bulbul must be happy for you two, wherever she is."

"No. Not yet." said Abhi

All looked shocked.

"What do you mean Abhi?!" Purab asked, panicked.

"I still have some unfinished business with some people." Abhi looked behind them.

They all turned to see Tanu and her family, Aliah, Nikhil standing there.

"I need to take care of the garbage first. You will help me no, Purab?" Abhi spoke, looking at Aliah and Tanu with utmost hate.

"O-ho-ho. I though you'd never ask." Purab looked at Tanu and the rest of her companions with a dangerous smirk.

"With whom shall we start......."

Tanu and the rest gulped in fear. Everyone knew Abhi was good for the good, but equally bad for the bad people. They only prayed and hoped he would show a little mercy on them.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

And done 😉😉😉
Vote if you liked it! 🌟

~ 🌹 Mona 🌹

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro