52. Ring

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Staying next to each other was calming, its like I was not myself but myself at the same time. I felt like I was at ease, the world wasn't in a rush and everything was gonna be okay. His warmth enveloping me while the time came to a stop.

We were in a different world. It's like I've been dreaming all night. I wasn't meant to love anyone. But I slipped off that cliff of thought. I failed to deny his access to my heart.

And suddenly, I'm over the moon that I met him. I don't want to waste any time without him, anymore. Never had I wanted to fall so hard. When did this happen? Where did all that hatred go? When did I forget that we are enemies. When did my story sway into this direction?

"What are you thinking about?" The shushed voice of the man who has been on my mind wakes me from my thoughts.

"Just....things" I smile and climb between his thighs to kiss him.

The kiss leaves a big smile on his face that seems to infect mine too. As we both keep smiling and snuggling, the tender moment just seems to never end.

"You seem feisty today." Jungkook suddenly adds with a smirk.

"Yeah? How'd you know?" I ask.

"By your kisses- oh ho- what's that look- OW-" Jungkook falls to his side on the bed as I smack him with the pillow near me.

He gets up with the same mischievous look in his eyes and grabs a pillow as well.

"Well if that's how we want to play....come on, you think you can take me? Come, get me- OUCH-"

"You asked for it Jeon."

"I wasn't even ready! How can you make a pillow hurt like that!" Jungkook scoots away and right off the bat, his pillow hits my head.

"Ouuu~ didn't see that one coming did you?"

A feeling of competitiveness washes over us as we run around to hit each other with pillows. It makes me attacking him with my pillow until he is crouching down in the baby position on the bed while whining and laughing at the same time.

"I'm so going to get you!" He whispers before picking another pillow.

"Hey- you can't use two pillows that cheating." I whine.

"Oh baby everything is fair in love and war and apparently pillow fights- ouch- not again!"

I laugh like a maniac as he let's go of his pillows and jumps at me, pinning me down to the bed.

Lowering to ravish my lips, he shares a rough kiss as we both laugh. While he is busy with that, I still crutch onto my pillow. However, he moves away midway my attack.

"Not again baby. Come on, come at me again. Come at me bro!" He laughs.

We hit each other until we are laughing, panting and completely put of breath.

"See, you are pretty feisty. I'm out of breath already." He claims.

"That's called having less stamina!" I laugh.

"You did not just come at my stamina!" He laughs again and runs with his pillow towards me. Clashing our pillows, this epic battle seems to just get funnier.

"You know we have to keep it down, the guys will think we are up to something else." He smirks.

"You seriously need holy water!" Laugh while he traps me in his arms. With little effort, I somehow slip out and try to hit him again but he easily dodges it.

"Baby, damn. So what's the score huh? I think one for you and five for me- oop- sorry! Ouch-"

His little scoreboard keeping mind should regret saying that now because I just hit him again

"Oh baby it's so sexy when you're feisty-" he crashes his lips at me once again and I can't help but succumb to it.  While we get lost in our little moment, my phone suddenly rings.

We both try to drown out the sound of my phone with the feeling of being held by each other but the caller decided to be stubborn. Why can't people just get the fact that I can be busy if I don't pick up the call?

"I'm sorry, I'll just answer that and be back."

He nods and passes the phone to me. I tell him it's just work and vanish into the balcony, closing the balcony door behind me.

"Hello?"

"This wasn't a right time to call at."

"I know but it was important."

"What is it? Tell me."

"Its almost ready. I would be delivering it to you personally today or tomorrow. Stay alert."

"Thankyou Minseok."

He takes a while to explain the working of the device and how to plant it in Jungkook's place.

Once the call is done, this feels too real. My world of dreams has a new crack and it makes my heart hurt. It haunts me, the truth haunts me. I take a moment to compose myself.

The very moment I open the doors that connect his room and the balcony, my eyes soak in the sight of the dimly lit room with candles. The curtains, drawn in and rose petals on the floor. There is a sweet aroma around the room, coming from the candles I'm guessing.

My eyes look around, searching for the man who pulled all this while I was on the call.

"Jungkook?" I call out.

An instant warmth envelopes my form as soon as I say his name. His arms holding me close as my back presses against his chest.

"What's all this?" I turn around with a steady smile.

"Just a little something I've been wanting to do for a while. I wanted to waltz with you to a song, a song I relate to you."

"Is that so?" I ask, trying hard to not get overwhelmed.

He nods and excuses himself to go and play the song.

The sound of guitar being played fills the room as he jogs back to me.

"I lose my breath whenever I see you,
You stole my heart.
What is it that you do?
My life was gray till you added colours,
Like the moon needs the sun,
We don't care about the others.
You set my world on fire,
You're my heart's desire."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ7SQVXkWr8

Jungkook sings along to the song's lyrics as he does justice to his words. Moving slowing and making me twirl while his face is decorated with the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. It makes me giddy and I fail to suppress what I feel.

The words hit me like a bus and him singing along, only make them more impactful.

"I just wanna love you,
Just wanna hold you,
Just wanna be with you till you grow old.
Just tell me to stay or take me away,
I want you for myself every single day.
You set my world on fire."

It's just so overwhelming, I can't help but have my eyes tear up. I just stuff my face into his chest as he sways with me from side to side.

"Baby? What's wrong?"

I shake my heard and look at him. The dumbfounded look his face holds, has me chuckle between my sobs.

"Aww, is this happy crying or sad crying?" He asks, genuinely concerned.

"Happy crying." I squeak out.

"Then you have something else coming for you." He gives one of his famous bunny smiles.

"You make me very happy, the happiest I've ever been. You're everything I ever needed. From the moment we met, I felt something. You seemed so different, so mysterious, it attracted me and I knew I had to make you mine. I've known very little love and I never thought I would look for it but you changed me. You still have things to know about me and I have a lot to learn about you too. We have a lifetime to learn those things and I don't want to rush it but I'm scared, so scared that I might lose you. So I have to do this right here and in this very moment."

Words fail to leave my mouth when he takes out a ring and takes my left hand.

"We're not ready for a big step and I know that this might seem like one but until the day when I may get to marry you, I want this promise ring to link us. So....will you accept it?"

I let out another sob while nodding and try to breath deeply to calm down. Putting the ring on my ring finger, he smiles while grazing it with his thumb.

"Now atleast something won't let your finger be empty and the infinity symbol on the ring will remind you of the love I hold for you."

"Oh...Jungkook. I-" I choke on my own words.

"Tell me baby." He runs my arms soothingly.

"Promise me, no matter what happens, no matter what anyone says, you will always believe that I love you. I do love you a lot and you're the best thing that has ever happened to me. Everything that we have been through, everything that has led us here has made me love you. Please, never doubt my love for you. Even if I ever deny it someday on my own, I'd he lying. I love you with everything I have."

"What do you mean? Is something wrong? Has something happened? Why would you deny it?" His confused and scared bambi eyes burn holes through me as he asks me these questions.

"Nothing is wrong, everything is alright. I'm just saying. In case....we never know what might happen. Isn't it?"

"A- Are you sure?"

"Yes, promise me."

"I promise you."

I slip his ring on his finger as my heart continues to break. I move in to kiss him. Just for now, I want to drown in his thoughts, drown in his love.

So I kind of went to an Hiatus without telling anyone 👉👈

IM sORRy dOnT hATE mE plEasE🥺

I even gave you all a long ass chapter🥺

- Sarisha🤫

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro