Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Central City. The city famous for the battle between the police, whom were known as Autobots, and the mafia, whom was known as the Decepticons. After their battle went down, most petty criminals were intimidated by the Autobots and tried to find a place to call home. However, those criminals who challenged the Autobots were used as examples of why you shouldn't mess with them. The Autobots gave hope to families. The hope of a safe city.

In the city, there was a restaurant. A restaurant where both police and mafia went to to eat. It was a place where neither could touch each other unless they wanted a fight. The restaurant had two parts: a part where people could go to enjoy a dinner, and a bar. Most of the young recruits of both police and mafia went to the bar. However, there were times where they sat down to eat.

Running around the restaurant, waitresses and waiters were taking orders, serving drinks and food, or giving out checks. Then, the bussers, who cleaned up after customers left or took stuff from the customers when they were finished. There were hosts and hostesses who sat people down when they wanted to dine.

Finally, there were the food runners. Their job was to serve the tables their food, unless the waiter/waitress wasn't busy. They were the ones who ran all over the place. Specifically, there was one girl who most customers saw the most. When they saw her name tag, it read Brooke. She would serve tables their food, look around, then take plates of food that was done nearby and take it to the dishwasher when bussers were too busy.

As it got later in the day, a few gang members came in and sat in the corner. They stared at a few young cops across the room. Two of them growled threateningly and glanced at the man who sat across the table from them. He had a dragon tattoo snaking up his left arm. He looked intimidating at first glance to most people. He was staring blankly out the window and rested his forehead against the glass.

"Ah cheer up." One man said with an eyepatch. "The world isn't over." He said seriously. He didn't respond and felt the items in his pocket.

"You shouldn't be so down about this anyway. Breakdown and I are still your friends." The redhead said as he gestured to the man with the eyepatch.

"Thanks Knockout." He muttered and glanced at them before looking out the window again. "But... I don't even want to be here." He said seriously as he watched a waitress approach

"Hi there, my name is Jen and I'll be taking care of you guys tonight." The waitress started, internally having some fear of them.

She had recognized them as part of the mafia, but knew that she'd have to deal with members of said mafia as part of her job. That's why all employees who worked outside the kitchen had a little more than what they would usually get, which wasn't much since most get tips.

"Can I start you guys off with drinks, or do you need a minute?" She asked the three men, hiding her true fear of them.

Knockout looked at her and smirked cockily as he leaned against the booth chair. "Well hello little lady." He purred and his brother rolled his eyes.

"Give us a little longer." The third man growled lowly and looked at her.

The waitress nodded to the third man and tried to hide her shake in her legs. "Would you guys like some water while you decide?" She asked. If it were up to her, she would've bolted and asked for a major raise. However, it wasn't her choice. She had to do her job, which hopefully, these men would tip her well after.

He narrowed his eyes and growled threateningly then stared out the window. Knockout smirked cockily and nodded slowly as Breakdown huffed and looked at the menu.

The waitress ran off and told her other co-workers that members of the mafia were in her section. She was scared and had to be calmed down by her friends while food runners ran her food.

Knockout looked around the restaurant, teasing the young cops with smirks, knowing he couldn't be touched. However, in his peripheral vision, he turned his head and saw a short girl, compared to him, holding more than what he thought she could handle. She was walking ever so slowly so she wouldn't fall while others passed her with lighter trays. They all got stands as the waiter for the table came over to serve the food so the food runners could get back to work. By the time the food runners left, one stand was empty, meaning that was for the girl with the biggest tray. He watched her as she strained to ask the waiter for help several times before he actually helped her put the tray down.

"I defiantly don't need to do any arm workouts tonight." She tried joking with the table, who gave small chuckles in return. He watched as she gave a tiny thanks to the waiter and watched her return to the kitchen, only to come out again two minutes later with another tray for another table.

Knockout looked at her then smirked before kicking his friend in the leg. He glared darkly and his friend motioned to the food runner. He stared blankly then smirked cockily as a brief idea ran through his head. Both young men knew that look and watched him intently. The man with the tattoo smiled mischievously and stuck his leg out. They watched her crash to the floor and the man laughed maniacally.

The food runner dropped the baskets of fries and landed in some of the buffalo wings she was carrying. She pushed herself up after a moment of trying to figure out what happened. She looked up and saw all three men staring at her like they were innocent.

"I am SO sorry! I-I-I'm falling so much these days! This was my fault! I am SO sorry! Are you guys okay?!" She asked and apologized quickly, feeling embarrassed. She didn't know what she tripped on since she was moving quickly to serve the waitress's food so she could get back to serving more food.

Knockout snickered and covered his mouth. "Oh ya we're perfectly fine." He scoffed and high fived Breakdown. It wasn't like she could do anything to them. The third man stopped laughing and realized what he did. He felt bad and knelt by her as he helped picked things up.

"I'm so sorry... I-I-I tripped you." He muttered and looked down as he helped.

"Oh please, it's fine, I trip on anything really. Even on nothing." She joked and picked up the rest of the fallen food. "Thank you for helping me, sir, you didn't have to." She thanked and picked herself up, looking down to see that her uniform had orange stains from falling on the wings. She looked down to her name tag and cleaned it off first, knowing that would be easy.

"Again, I'm so sorry. Please, enjoy your night." She apologized again before leaving to go back to the kitchen to ask for more food since she dropped it. He blinked in surprise and slowly got up then sat down.

"Really Blitzwing?" Knockout scoffed and folded his arms. "Did you seriously just ruin my fun?" He asked.

"I... it's not fun." He muttered and stared at his hands as he fiddled with his fingers.

"Watch Blitz it'll be fine." He scoffed and watched the waitress.

"Don't you dare." Blitzwing growled lowly suddenly becoming protective, though he didn't know why. Knockout smirked and waited until she delivered her food. He watched her head back then tripped her again.

She yelped as she fell and grunted when she landed on her hands. She hissed when she felt some pain in her wrist that was holding the tray. She groaned as she stood up and picked up her tray.

"I am SO sorry again! I don't know why, but I'm tripping a lot today!" She apologized to the same table again. Unfortunately for them, the young cops were glaring at them in warning, knowing this was the second time they tripped her. Blitzwing growled threateningly at his friends.

"Come on. This is the kind of stuff you get to do when you officially join the mafia." Knockout sneered.

"Then maybe I don't want any part of it." He snapped angrily and helped her up again. "You okay?" He asked.

"Agh... I'm fine, I'll live.... Just landed a little wrong." She said as she stood up with her wrist in her other hand. She moved her wrist around and hissed quietly when she reached a certain point.

"Thank you for helping me, but I'll be fine. I apologize for tripping again." She told him and bent down to pick up her tray. Blitzwing picked it up and carefully handed it to her. He glared darkly at the others then looked at her.

"Don't let people push you around... Brooke." He muttered as he read her name tag. She thankfully took the tray and placed it under her arm.

"It's no big deal. Nothing I can't handle." She said as if it was nothing to her. She looked back to the door that led to the kitchen and saw some of her fellow food runners looking at her and nodding to the kitchen.

"I better get back to work. Thank you again, and I apologize for falling... Again. I hope you have a good night." She said to him with a smile before going back to the kitchen. However, she didn't come out for a while.

He sighed forcefully and didn't even touch his food. He glanced at his friends only to glare at them. They left shortly after but he still didn't touch his food. He was too busy thinking of something.

She looked familiar, yet he's never seen her in his life. It wasn't a familiar like he passed her by, but it was like... No... It wasn't possible. She left him. She left him and his family many years ago.

Back at the restaurant, the young cops were enjoying their night better now that the mafia members left. While talking, they didn't notice that the same food runner that was tripped twice arrived with their food.

"I saw one of you staring at me as I was coming, and yes, I do have your food... As long as I'm at the right table..." She said with a smile, then said the last a little quieter to herself, but had them hear it as a joke.

"Depending on what you have." The one with dark hair said. The more blonde one rolled his eyes and punched his friends shoulder.

"I'm sure you're at the right table." The dark redhead said. He furrowed his brow and watched her. "You okay though? Those bullies didn't hurt you did they?" He asked quietly.

"Phh, please, I'm tougher than I look... Or at least... Nah, this is as tough as I get. Anyways, cheesesteak?" She asked and presented the cheesesteak, not sure who it was for.

"Mine." The dark haired cop said as he smiled brightly. He carefully took it and set it down. "Thanks." He said as he grinned happily. She gave him a smile and went back to the tray to present and give the rest of the food. When it came down to the last thing, she decided to make a joke.

"Alright, so I'm guessing you guys are sharing the fries. Not what I'd do, but hey, you do you, I do me." She joked and placed the fries in the middle of the table.

The blonde laughed silently and smacked his forehead. The redhead smiled slightly and picked at his food a little while the other laughed quietly. "Nice one Brooke." The dark haired cop grinned.

"Thanks, I try... Sometimes too hard." She joked again. "Anyways, do you guys need ketchup or anything?" She asked with a smile and held the big tray she used to hold their food under her arm while folding up the stand she used to hold said tray while she served.

"No we're good thank you." The redhead muttered and smiled slightly as he watched his friends chow down.

"Alright, you guys enjoy then." She said with a smile and a tiny chuckle before walking away back to the kitchen. The cop watched her quietly and smiled slightly. His friend kicked his leg and snickered at him. He glared darkly and went back to eating.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro