Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Here we are..."

Bill and Sarah shared a glance at each other as the two plus Pilseung and Master V stood near the water edge of the Seaside Mansion's beach. Bill was holding a jar filled with the ashes of his older brother, while Pilseung and Sarah carried the vase containing Taeyang's ashes.

"This is where we met, remember?" Pilseung joked quietly to Sarah, who gave him a soft smile. She remembered that day. How could she forget how Pilseung had stumbled on his words and fell on his butt a couple of times during that meeting?

"And it's where you were taken in as his Tsukugo," Master V cracked a smile.

They all gave sad smiles.

Sarah was never the kind to express what she actually felt aloud, but she was glad she had met Taeyang. She couldn't forget how she met the then-13-year-old during final selection, saving him from a former Upper Moon and forming a friendship after that. While she had learned what he had gone through when he was ten in Korea later on, she had refused to let his past mistakes define the person he was then, and it was proven with his selfless sacrifice.

"Death happens every day, you know?"

Of course, she knew. She hadn't known Dingyo for long, but she had been hurt by how she was practically dead too.

She closed her eyes. Just before they had come, she had had a fight with a friend who had (indirectly) caused Taeyang's death. And it had helped her come to peace with the deaths. When she had heard that Ben had betrayed them, at first, she had been so angry, she shut herself in. But after getting insight on the last words her two loved ones had said before passing on, all she had inside was pain, sorrow, and regret. She should have kept an eye on Taeyang. She should have convinced Ben to stay. However, it wasn't going to change a thing.

"They're in your heart, y'know? So don't give up. Carry on their ideals with you."

The red-haired male who resembled Ben so much had told her that, and she had sobbed aloud. So hard, it hurt. She couldn't hide how distraught she was over this, and she wouldn't.

But refusing to hear her adoptive father's last words and instead focusing on her birth mother was the biggest mistake she had made.

She swore that moment that no matter what, she wouldn't give up. She would carry on Taeyang's will to get rid of all malicious demons, and she would honour her dad by staying strong no matter what.

The two she had loved so much aside from her girlfriends could go rest in peace,

Without hesitation, she stepped closer to the lake, took some ashes from the vase, and threw it out, finally allowing the regret out.

She screamed how sorry she was for messing up, for never realising the signs, and for always being a burden. However...

"I promise I'll.. I'll stop them all! S-So watch me, Dad! Taeyang! I-I'll make both of you proud!" She yelled to the ashes as they fell to the flowing river.

Pilseung watched, and his own tears fell as he stepped forward and followed her example.

"Taeyang! Say... Say hi to my family! T-To Eomma, Pori, Pada, the Rangers, Classic and Lightning! W-We'll stop Sarah's mom and make her pay for killing all those people!" He screamed to the sky as he let the ashes he had tossed fly to the sky before coming down like snow. "F-For killing Captain Police, Big Troll, the Rescue Squad and the other demons! W-We'll make them pay for that! W-We'll make Adeline Bellum pay! I-I promise you that!"

He remembered how he had met Taeyang, a grieving child who had lost his best friend Swag to bounty hunters, yet had refused to generalise all humans to them. How they had worked together to defeat Demonseu, at the cost of the pain and trauma he had caused them.

He swore to himself that very moment that he would never love anyone as much as he had loved the brunette.

Master V finally broke down seeing this display as Bill let his own tears fall.

The two people they had lost the night before should be the last people that would have die from their side.

From a distance, two figures watched, sad looks on their eyes.

"You know, Fic-ku, I wish they could see Souls as we can," a red-haired male spoke to his companion.

The gender-questioning teen gave him a soft smile, "I wish they could too. If they could, maybe they could have had a proper farewell with their friends."

"They're fighting hard, so we should do the same. It's our job as members of the Supernatural Rescue Squad, don't you think?" He got up.

"Yeah, we have another world to save from September onwards," the brunette teen got up too. "We shouldn't give up, Ben."

"You should be saying that to yourself, dearest Creator-ku," the red-haired joked.

They pushed him away playfully, "Let's just go, Ben. Gosh, how our Sarah deals with you is a mystery to me."

"She loves me," he shrugged, and they laughed before the two disappeared, leaving only a slight magical residue as if they were not of this world...

Indeed, if they could see the Souls of the dead as the two could, the four mourning friends would have seen the people watching them from nearby,

Taeyang gave a sad smile, while Pori and Pada gave him a comforting squeeze. They all knew how much Pilseung had fought to become a Slayer like Taeyang, and they were confident he wouldn't let them down.

Taeyang himself personally prayed that should they be reincarnated, it would be in a world where no one had to die for the sake of the world.

Ben himself watched from afar, glistening tears falling down his cheeks. He had never said sorry to all the people he had hurt, yet they understood, and he couldn't ask for anything better.

"I hope that when I'm reincarnated, I get to adopt you again, Sarah," he whispered quietly before he closed his eyes, a serene smile on his face. "I love you so so much, more than you can ever imagine."
-
This chapter was written by FictionalMagicTamer

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro