19. Moonlight Swim

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"This is so good! What is it?" Harumi pointed at what she was eating.

The boys turned to look at her. The shock was clear on their faces. 

"You've never had s'mores before?" Jay asked.

"No, never. Is that what it's called?" Harumi took another bit, "It's so good!"

"Have you ever just had marshmallows toasted over a fire?" Kai looked at at each of the girls in turn. 

Skylor shook her head. "Can we do that tonight?" She asked excitedly.

Cole just nodded numbly. Never had s'mores or toasted marshmallows? What kind of a life had these girls had? He thought. 

"What have you ever done that was fun?" Jay managed to ask. 

The girls were silent. 

"I - I can't remember," Seliel slowly said, quietly, "We were always hosting balls, garden parties, opening museums and hospitals. Taking tours."

"We were kept in the palace most of the time. If we ever went out like on a formal picnic or something, there would be a lot of guards around to keep an eye on us," Nya explained. 

"You've never had much of a life, huh?" Lloyd stated.

The girls shook their heads. 

"Whenever we mentioned going out for fun are anything like that, our parents and the other royals would become paranoid. I don't know why," Skylor said. 

"It was like we were made of glass. If let out, we'd break," Harumi added.

"We're going to have to do something about your life," Lloyd looked at her, a small smile playing at his lips.

Harumi laughed. 

"Tell us about your times here on the island!" Nya exclaimed, changing the subject. 

Lloyd looked thoughtful for a moment before a sly look crossed his face and he grinned. He slowly turned to look at Kai.

Kai's eyes widened and he immediately started shaking his head. "Oh no, Lloyd! Absolutely not!" He protested. 

"When we came here once with our father, Kai thought it would be a wonderful idea to fill a bucket with sand and have Cole half underneath a doorway," Lloyd ignored Kai's protests, "Well, he did fill a bucket with sand and put it above the doorway of a bathroom, but what he didn't know, was that it was in our father's bathroom. When Kai and Jay went to get Cole, our father decided to walk into the bathroom to get something. Let's just say he playfully chased Kai up and down the beach!" He laughed. 

The girls looked stunned before bursting out into fits of laughter. 

"Oh yeah?! Well, how about the time we woke up to a crash one time in the middle of the night and found a four-year-old Lloyd in the kitchen scoffing down some candy?" Kai retorted.

Everyone laughed even harder. 

⚔⚔⚔⚔⚓⚔⚔⚔⚔

Cliff watched from the doorway as his wife sang softly to herself. 

He could still clearly remember the last time she sang. It was the same night when his son disappeared. 

Buttoning up his military uniform as he walked by the nursery, he paused. 

Slowly and quietly, he opened the door. The sight that met his eyes put a smile on his face.

Libby was gracefully pacing in front of the fireplace, rocking his son while she sang him to sleep. 

"Hush now - my story, close your eyes and sleep," She sang, "waltzing the waves, diving the deep. Stars are shining bright, the wind is on the rise. Whispering words, of long lost lullabies."

Smiling to himself, he continued to stand in the doorway, noticing every single detail. The warm glow from the fireplace dancing on both his wife and his precious son in her arms.

"Oh won't you come with me, where the Moon is made with gold. And in the morning sun we'll be sailing," Libby continued, "Oh won't you come with me, where the ocean meets the sky. And as the clouds roll by, we'll be singing the song of the sea."

Cliff watched as Libby played with the lightning bolt pendant in her hands as she paced in front of the fireplace in the bedroom.

They had designed and had the pendant made a day after Jay was born. 

"I had a dream last night, and heard the sweetest sound. I saw a great white light, and dancers in the round. Castles in the sand, cradles in the trees. Don't cry - I'll see you by and by." 

Apart from the medallion and the ring, the lightning bolt was the only thing of their son's that they had left. Libby wore the ring everyday, while he had the medallion tucked underneath his shirt. 

""Oh won't you come with me, where the Moon is made with gold. And in the morning sun we'll be sailing. Oh won't you come with me, where the ocean meets the sky. And as the clouds roll by, we'll be singing the song of the sea." Libby finished as she tucked Jay into his cradle.

Cliff entered the nursery and hugged his wife from behind. 

"How's our little lightning bolt?" He asked, kissing her on the cheek. 

"Never been better," Libby giggled, "I could hardly get him to sleep."

"Well, singing seemed to have worked well," Cliff smiled. 

Libby laughed, "Yes, so it seems."

Cliff listened to the words of the lullaby.

"Sleep, little one, close your eyes," Libby sang, "Your body's golden with the night. Let your worries slip away, tomorrow is a brand new day. Shimmering moon and satin sky, soft wind breezes, lullaby. Dreams are here to set you free... The dawn will bring you back to me."

A tear rolled down Cliff's cheek. 

"The dawn will bring you back to me."

⚔⚔⚔⚔⚓⚔⚔⚔⚔

The stars twinkled and the moon shone overhead in the sky. Laughter filled the air, and orange-yellow glow of the fire. 

"Lloyd can sing?!" Harumi stared at the blonde haired boy sitting across from her.

"Zane!" Lloyd complained, glaring at his brother who looked innocently in the other direction. 

"Sing something!" Seliel pressed him. 

"Oh yes! Please sing!" Nya joined in eagerly.

"No, no, no!" Lloyd shook his head vigorously, "Absolutely not!"

"Come one, Lloyd. We've never experienced singing round a campfire. So please sing! Please?" Harumi gave him puppy eyes which made his eyes go wide before he diverted his eyes to the fire.

"Ugh! Fine! Man you're annoying!" Lloyd groaned. 

Zane handed him a guitar.

"So that's why you brought that down!" Jay smirked. 

Lloyd glared at the both of them.

"He can play too?!" Harumi's eyes widened. 

Lloyd didn't reply. He tuned the guitar, looking thoughtful. He then started strumming a tune. 

"Let's go on a moonlight swim. Far away from the crowd all alone upon the beach. Our lips and our arms close within each other's reach we'll be," Lloyd began, "On a moonlight swim."

The girls were thunderstruck. Day by day they were learning new things and hidden talents about these boys.

"Let's go on a moonlight swim. To the raft we can race and for just a little while, I'll sit and pretend that you're on a desert isle with me," Lloyd sang. 

"We are technically!" Harumi laughed.

"On a moonlight swim," Lloyd grinned along with her. 

"On a moonlight swim!" Harumi sang. 

"Though the air is cold, with kisses oh so sweet. I'll keep you warm, so very warm, from your head to your feet," Lloyd continued, "Let's go on a moonlight swim. We're in love and above there's a crazy gold balloon, that sits winking down and inviting us to come on in. On a moonlight swim." 

Harumi, Nya and Seliel started humming along with him.

"Though the air is cold, with kisses oh so sweet. I'll keep you warm, so very warm, from your head to your feet," Lloyd smirked, "Let's go on a moonlight swim. We're in love and above there's a crazy gold balloon, that sits winking down and inviting us to come on in. On a moonlight swim." 

"On a moonlight swim!" The girls sang, giggling. 

"Bravo!" They clapped and cheered.

Lloyd then placed the guitar down and kicked off his shoes. Standing up, he walked over to Harumi and easily picked her up in his arms as is she were a sack of feathers.

"U-um, Lloyd, w-what are you doing?" Harumi asked, stuttering as he walked towards the sea. 

"Nothing," He said innocently. 

Once he was knee deep in the water, he grinned at her. 

"Lloyd, seriously, what are you doing?" Harumi tried to glower at him but failed because of the mischievous look in his eyes and the grin on his face. 

"Just doing what the song is saying, a moonlight swim," And with that, Lloyd dropped her into the sea. 

Harumi squealed at the sudden drop and feel of the cold water. 

Resurfacing, she spluttered. She turned to Lloyd who was doubled over, laughing his heart out. 

"Lloyd!" Harumi scowled, but then laughed along as they walked nearer to the shallow bit. 

Lloyd bent down and splashed her with water. 

Moments later, a water fight commenced. 

"Oh it's on!"

"You're going down Cole!" 

"Watch out!"

The girls laughed, carefree. They had no idea life could be this fun, and from what the boys had said, it was going to become even better. 

Harumi hopped onto Lloyds back, while Skylor did the same to Kai, and they playfully tried to topple the other one off.

"Get off me!" Lloyd grinned. 

"Nope!" Harumi shook her head.

Lloyd huffed but smiled anyway, until Harumi and Skylor started to get a bit more competitive. 

"Um, girls? Girls I think you should calm down. Girls, please stop. Stop!" Lloyd tried, but failed to get them to stop. 

A sudden nudge from Skylor caught Harumi and Lloyd off guard. Losing his footing, Lloyd stumbled back and fell, but not before quickly getting Harumi off his back at lightning speed and breaking her fall. 

Harumi squealed in alarm as she hit the water. 

"Harumi! Harumi are you okay?" Nya and Skylor rand to their friend. 

"I-I'm fine, I'm okay. Lloyd broke my fall," Harumi looked slightly shaken as she sat up. 

"You sure you're okay? Zane, get some water," Kai turned to his brother. 

Harumi turned to thank Lloyd but instead, she grew cold and all the colour drained from her face. 

He was still lying on his side, facing away from her and the others. 

"L-Lloyd?" Harumi ventured timidly. 

"Is he okay?" Skylor whispered. 

Kai and Jay rushed to his side. 

"Lloyd? Lloyd buddy can you hear us?" Kai knelt next to him and shook him. 

Lloyd was conscious, but he wasn't answering.

"Lloyd? Zane! Get over here, hurry!" Kai yelled. 

"Something's wrong," Jay said. 

Lloyd whispered something unintelligible.

Kai leaned in.

"M-my ankle hurts..." Lloyd repeated. 

"He must have twisted his ankle when he fell," Zane said. 

"Twisted it?! He could have fractured or broken it for all we know!" Kai exclaimed. 

"Okay, okay, don't panic. He'll be fine," Cole tried to be reassuring, "Lloyd, which ankle?"

Lloyd pointed to his left ankle. 

"When he was breaking Harumi's fall, he must have twisted one way and his legs in the other," Jay tried to come up with an explanation. 

Zane and Jay tried to move Lloyd but he immediately hissed with the pain. They set him back down immediately, not wanting to make things worse. 

"Um, K-Kai, why is the water going dark?" Harumi was looking at the water where Lloyd's ankle was, her eyes wide, panic written all over her face. 

Kai froze. Slowly turning, he looked. In the moonlight, he could see that a bit of water was going dark, almost black. 

Hand shaking, he dipped it in the water and drew it back up. He gasped. 

Harumi and Nya screamed.

Kai looked at his hand. Blood. 

"Check if there is a rock or something sharp near his ankle. I would move him, but I can not risk it," Zane instructed. 

Cole carefully felt around in the water, then he nodded. "I think it's one of the sharp shells, what are they called?" He looked at the others. 

"Razor shells?" Jay offered.

"Yeah, those ones. There's a couple near Lloyd's ankle," Cole said. 

"I need alcohol, strips of cloth, and bandages," Zane ordered. 

Pixal ran up the beach and got the items ready. 

"Kai, pass me your shirt," Zane gestured to him. 

Kai immediately co-operated. 

Skylor blushed. Even though she knew it wasn't the time, she couldn't help but blush at Kai's abs.

Zane reached into the water and bound the ankle with the shirt. 

"Right, Cole, Jay, lift him. Carefully!" Zane stood up. 

Soon, Lloyd was lying on one of the blankets, his head on Harumi's lap. His eyes were closed, tightly shut as Zane disinfected the wound with alcohol. 

"Harumi, take his mind of the pain. He is to tense," Zane said. 

"Um, what should I do?" Harumi asked, running her hand through Lloyd's hair. 

"Tell him a story, sing, dance, I don't care what you do!" Kai growled, pacing while Skylor tried to get him to calm down and sit.

"Um, okay," Harumi took a deep breath, "Hush now - my story, close your eyes and sleep. Waltzing the waves, diving the deep. Stars are shining bright, the wind is on the rise, whispering words, of long lost lullabies."

Lloyd was visibly calming down as she sang. He seemed to relax and was no longer contorting his face in pain. 

"Oh won't you come with me, where the moon is made of gold. And the morning sun, we'll be sailing," Harumi sang, "Oh won't you come with me, where the ocean meets the sky. And as the clouds roll by, we'll sing the song of the sea."

"There, done." Zane finished tying the bandages. 

"Nice lullaby, what is it?" Jay asked, he had a look on his face, but they didn't take any notice. 

"It's a lullaby popular among royals," Nya explained. 

"Music boxes have been made for all new-born royals with the melody," Skylor added. 

"Thanks..." Lloyd whispered. 

Harumi smiled down at him, "You're welcome. Can you walk?" 

"I'll manage," Lloyd said. 

While the others were packing up, Nya approached Jay.

"You alright?" She asked, placing a hand on his shoulder. 

"Yeah, I'm fine, it's just that, the lullaby seems familiar somehow..." Jay explained. 

"Maybe you've heard it before? When we say it's popular among the royals, doesn't mean it isn't used among the civilians too," Nya said. 

"Yeah, probably. For all I know, Cole could have sung a terrible rendition of it in a nightclub," Jay laughed, "Cole is a terrible singer."

Nya laughed. 

"Anyway, we should get back to the others. I think we're just about ready to head back," Jay kissed her. 

Nya felt butterflies fluttering about inside her. At the moment, life was perfect.

⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓

https://youtu.be/deiiGJ-21MU

https://youtu.be/Fo9mmQxMU8o

Here's chapter 19!!! Hope you all enjoyed it!! The songs and the videos don't belong to me, all rights go to the owners.

Lloyd's injury was a last minute idea... 😬 

I'll see you all in the next chapter!!! 

But anyways, here is one last thing to say:

I don't know if it is Christmas where you are now, or if it's tomorrow, but Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year! 

"May This Christmas End The Present Year On A Cheerful Note & Make Way For A Fresh & Bright New Year. Here's Wishing You A Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!" 

"I wish you a very peaceful Christmas in the company of your friends and family and that the New Year brings you all you've wished for. Happy Holidays!"

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! And stay safe!!

Love you guys!!! Claire xxx❤️🎄

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro