6. Watching The Lights

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

All the girls were in Pixal's room after dinner, getting ready for bed and chatting away. 

"You should have seen your face, Nya, when you accidentally shot Commander Jay!" Seliel laughed.

"You looked horrified to say the least!" Harumi lay back on the bed, gasping for breath. 

"Don't laugh, I might have killed him if it was a real bullet and if he didn't have those fast reflexes." Nya said glumly, burying her face in a pillow. 

"But the look on your face was priceless." Pixal giggled, finishing the braid on Harumi's hair. 

"By the way, what did Captain Lloyd say to you up in the Great Cabin?" Nya addressed Harumi.

"Nothing much, just snapped at me... as always. It was a surprise when he didn't get angry at me before dinner, you know, when I imitated him." Harumi sighed, "I'll never understand him, or the other Commanders."

"Yeah, they're so... cryptic." Skylor agreed. 

"That's one word to describe them." Harumi giggled. 

"Are you suggesting that there are other words to describe them?" Pixal asked, standing up to grab a brush. 

"Serious, temperamental, they judge strangers to quickly, and don't even get me started on -" 

"- How cute they look?" Harumi was cut off be Skylor. 

They looked at her.

"Seriously? You too?" Harumi looked incredulously at the girl sitting on the floor. 

Nya opened her mouth to speak but her attention was grabbed by a flashing of light from outside the porthole window. 

"What was that?" She gasped, rushing to the window.

"What was what?" Harumi asked, confused as she joined Nya. 

"There was a bright light flashing past." Nya explained. 

"Are you sure, Nya? You could have just imagined it. I cannot think of any logical explanations on why there would be lights in the middle of a sea at 8:34 in the evening." Pixal tilted her head.

"Guys, I'm serious! I'm not hallucinating, and I'm not delusional either." Nya said, frustrated. 

"Well, let's go up on deck. We'll get a better view from up there." Skylor declared. 

Grabbing their dressing gowns, they tiptoed out of the room past the Commanders' rooms, not wanting them to blow up at them. 

When they stepped out on deck, they all gasped with wonder and surprise. 

Billions upon billions of green energy wisps shaped as animals were floating and dancing around, giving off a green glow. 

"What?" Nya breathed, not quite believing her eyes. 

"I've never seen anything like it, it's so... beautiful." Harumi gasped with delight. 

Fauns, tigers, lions, dogs, cats, birds, any creature you could imagine were creating a show. 

"How is this even possible?!" Skylor asked, leaning against the railing looking out over the sea.

"Who cares! It's so beautiful!" Seliel giggled. 

"I'm starting to think that I don't want to go back home. There are things I never knew, all this..." Pixal gestured to the world around her. 

Nya smiled as she stretched her hand out to one of the wisps in the shape of wolf. 'So beautiful,' She thought, a small giggle escaping her. 

"Remind me to thank Captain Lloyd for kidnapping us," Nya said, cheekily, "If he hadn't, perhaps we might never have learned about the world outside our cities." She added, putting on some prim airs, holding her head up royally.

They all lapsed into giggles when a voice cut through the night air. 

"Either you have a serious brain problem, or you've really gone mad from being held prisoner."  

The girls turned to the source and found all the Commanders leaning with their hands clasped together against the Quarter deck railing. 

The boys looked different without their coats and weapons. They only had a loose shirt that flapped in the gentle breeze, trousers and boots. No weapons, nothing. They looked, to say the least, handsome in the girls' view. 

"Umm... I..." Nya looked down, suddenly interested at inspecting the floorboards. 

"We've never had a prisoner in our hands saying 'thank you for kidnapping me'. I'm wondering if you need a psychiatrist..." Lloyd raised an eyebrow. 

"All of you for that matter." Kai added.

"Enjoying the light show, girls." Jay asked, making his way down to join them. 

"Of course we are! We've never seen anything like it, its so, so... breath-taking." Nya exclaimed, clasping her hands together as a butterflies swirled around her. 

"Well it's the only time you see it at the moment, by tomorrow afternoon, we hope to be in the Wisp sea, unless there are certain delays, then those plans will be moved till two days after, if not before." Lloyd said brusquely. 

"Must you always ruin the atmosphere with your brooding manner?" Harumi challenged him, placing her hands on her hips, something she wouldn't do in the court of her parent's palace. 

"I wouldn't have said that if I were you." The girls heard Kai mutter. 

Lloyd's face changed faster than a blink from amusement and sarcasm to a murderous expression. 

He marched down and planted himself in front of Harumi, looking furiously down at her. 

"Repeat what you just said." Lloyd growled menacingly.

"Lloyd, chill -" Cole started to say but Lloyd cut him off.

"Unless you're deaf, you heard me, repeat... to my face." Lloyd narrowed his eyes at the girl in front of him.

Unperturbed, Harumi repeated, adding a few more words. "I said, unless you're deaf, must you always ruin the atmosphere with your brooding manner. Just because you don't trust us doesn't mean that you have to snap at us all the time." 

"You shouldn't have said that either." Jay muttered, glancing up at Kai and Cole who were still leaning against the railing, though more tensely now. Zane had joined Jay down on the main deck, ready to leap forward just in case Lloyd did something rash. 

"Just because you're a princess doesn't mean you can order us around and tell us what to do. You're on our ship, you obey our rules." Lloyd growled, taking a step forward. 

"Just because we've been brought up differently and have different pasts doesn't mean that you have to despise us!" Harumi shot back, "We've hardly known each other, other than the fact that you have a very sad past -"  

"Don't you dare talk to me about my past!" Lloyd suddenly yelled, startling everyone, "You know nothing about my past! You think you can just waltz into our lives and suddenly know everything about us. You know nothing about me or the rest of us." Lloyd gestured to the other boys. 

"Oh really? You were abandoned and brought up by a pirate. That sums it up doesn't it?" Harumi scowled. 

"Shut up!" Lloyd roared, "Yes, we were brought up differently. One, you had your parents with you from the day you were born! Two, you're spoiled, thinking everyone else has a life as glorious as yours. Well guess what, maybe kidnapping you will knock some sense into your head!" 

"Yeah? Well, maybe kidnapping us was a good idea. Maybe we can knock some politeness into your head!" Harumi shot back. 

"Bad move..." Jay whispered, shifting nervously on his feet.

"You think because you're a princess you know the back story of all your subjects. But you know nothing! While you hold parties and balls, some people go hungry for days!" Lloyd yelled the last part.

"What?" Harumi looked confused, but she was still scowling.

"Just as I thought," Lloyd scoffed, "You know nothing about the life outside your palace walls, you know nothing about me or my past. You. Know. Nothing."

"Well you have a serious attitude problem!" Harumi yelled in his face. 

"Yeah? Well you're a spoiled brat!" Lloyd yelled back. 

Stunned, Harumi took a step back and stared at him with her mouth hanging slightly open. 

Lloyd, glaring at the other girls first, then turned to the boys. 

"We'll finish our discussion about our plans tomorrow. Call it a night." He ordered, giving one final glare at Harumi before disappearing below deck. 

Silence settled on the group, only being disturbed when a door slammed below them and the sound of footsteps coming up the steps.

Morro appeared, standing while he took in the sight of everyone's faces. 

"The Captain -" He started, gesturing below.

"Yeah, we know. I'll talk to him." Kai said grimly, cutting him off, descending quickly from the Quarter deck, Cole close behind. "I would advise you to hold your tongue." Kai added, glaring slightly at Harumi before going below. 

Zane and Cole soon followed, bidding their 'goodnights' to Morro while scowling at Harumi.  

"I'll handle things, above and below deck. You can go back to sleep Morro." Jay said, running a hand through his dark brown hair.

"No, it's fine. It's nearly my shift to look out anyway." Morro shrugged, glancing up at the mast. 

"Taking over from Faith?" Jay asked. 

Morro nodded. 

"Okay," Jay sighed, turning to the girls, "For now, until Lloyd starts to trust you more, I suggest you take Kai's advice and hold your tongue and be careful about what you say around him or to him." 

The girls nodded, shamefully. Morro slipped past them and made his way up the mast. Faith appeared a few minutes later.

"Enjoy the rest of the lights, girls. I don't know how long we'll be in the Ultra seas before we move on." Jay said, before he too disappeared. 

"I heard everything. Sometimes, it's best to keep quiet. Captain Lloyd can have a very bad temper." Faith said quietly. 

"Has he always been like that?" Seliel asked. 

Faith was silent for a moment before she spoke up. "I am one of the few that has been under their command since the very beginning. I will tell you, but while I do, you should do as Commander Jay suggested, enjoy the lights."

⚔⚔⚔⚔⚓⚔⚔⚔⚔ 

Maya was walking through the halls of the palace when you caught sight of Libber and Misako standing on one of the balconies looking out over the palace gardens and the vast ocean. She joined them and they stood silently, the cool breeze rustling through their gowns and hair, the moon shining down. 

"The men don't show it, but they do miss the boys terribly," Maya said, "and now that the girls are gone too..." She sighed sadly, "Ray hasn't talked about it much, you know, Kai's disappearance, but now and then he gets a faraway look in his eye." 

"Garmadon is slightly more open, but he bottles and locks up his thoughts and feelings on the matter. What he said was true, not one day goes by without him thinking about Lloyd, he feels as if it's his fault that Lloyd got taken too." Misako turned to look at the other queens. 

"No-one was at fault." Libber's voice shook slightly. 

"We know that, but you know that men and boys will always take the blame for everything." Misako chuckled. 

"That is very true." Maya smiled. 

Libber looked out over the sea that was glistening in the bright moonlight. She fingered the pendant that hung from her neck.

Maya and Misako noticed this and exchanged glances. 

"How old would Jay be again?" Misako asked.

"18," Libber answered sighing, "I don't want to believe it, but... what if he is gone? What if I'm never going to see him again? Chen's right, they've been gone for years, with no sign or trace. I still believe that he's still alive that all the boys are alive, but..." 

"I want to keep believing too." Maya said softly.

"As do I." Misako added. 

⚔⚔⚔⚔⚓⚔⚔⚔⚔ 

"So, his trust was broken?" Harumi asked slowly. 

"Yes, that is why he never trusts anyone out of his circle at first. If you gain his trust, then you must keep it, don't break it. If you break his trust, then well... let's say that the last person who broke Lloyd's trust left with a few bruises." Faith explained. 

"I see..." Harumi murmured, feeling guilty for everything she said to him. 

"Thank you for telling us, they, the Commanders I meant, are very good at keeping their thoughts and feelings to themselves." Pixal said. 

"If you need to talk to anyone, I'm sure Nelson or I, or even some of the other crew would be happy listen. Just head down to the kitchen or our quarters and ask for me or Nelson." Faith said, smiling slightly before she went below. 

"I feel awful." Harumi groaned quietly.

"About what you said to the Captain?" Nya asked.

"Yeah. If I knew what he had been through, then I wouldn't have said those things!" Harumi whined. 

"Well, it's no use crying over the matter." Seliel patter Harumi's shoulder. 

"How about we call it a night? I'm pretty tired." Skylor suggested. 

"Sure. I'll apologise to Captain Lloyd tomorrow when I get the chance. And if he'll even listen to me." Harumi sighed. 

A green energy wisp in the shape of a dragon came and nuzzled her arm. Harumi smiled down at it. 

As they were heading back to their rooms, Harumi stopped in front of Lloyd's room while the others left her. 

'She had no right to speak about my past when she knows nothing of it!' Lloyd's voice yelled through the door. 

'I know she had no right, I'm mad at her too. But can you please calm down! You've been at this for the past thirty minutes!' Kai's voice said. 

'Listen, Lloyd -' Jay tried to start.

'Blast Morro for kidnapping her!' Lloyd's voice roared. 

Harumi made her way to her room, hoping that tomorrow, she would have the chance to give him an apology. 

⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓

Phew, and there you have Chapter 6. Honestly, this chapter changed drastically from what it was originally going to be! XD It was sort of going to be a bit romantic, stepping into a little bit of Jaya territory but, yeah... this changed A LOT!!!!!! XD XD XD 

(Word count: 2408 )

The idea of Lloyd and Harumi getting into an argument was a last minute decision and I have to admit, it turned out better than I thought! XD  

Yeah, so... the boys don't know that they were NOT abandoned.... But... we'll see in time who kidnapped them. :) 

Anyways, thank you once again for reading and I'll see you all in the next chapter! 

Claire xxx ⚓

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro