Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

She was back in her domain in front of her judges stalking around the court room like a predator. This is what she was made to do. This is what she had been working for her entire life. In the back of her mind her brain was calculating every necessary move that was needed to win this case. Her family was sitting behind her, smiles etched on their faces. They were so proud of her. She had managed to stop her continuous drowning in despair and take control of the situation. Neela had always said to them Avni was made out of a special material and today they had seen it first hand. The fire that consumed her spirit was burning wildly. It was something they were all thankful for, they missed this Avni too much and they knew now that she wouldn't be slipping back into that mindset ever again. Her heart was beating violently against her chest. As she stood addressing the court. Her court. Her stance one of pure confidence. She looked brutal to those who didn't know her. The jury started and within half an hour the defendant had dug his own grave in front of the court, following another hour Avni had won the case. The tiredness on her face oozed freshness. She was back and nothing or no one could get in her way.

Her and Neils relationship was strained. Words remained short and abrupt, each craving something worthwhile but missing the mark at every turn they seemed to make. Dayawanti seemed like the only loose string holding them together. The pain of losing a child is one unthinkable, the pain is buried deep within, suffocating and taking hostages throughout their daily lives. They thought majority of the time of what life would have been like. Things were difficult but they made it work but not how they used to. Each blaming themselves for what occurred. The hearts were restricting their own union. After winning this case, her eyes locked with Neils awaiting hazel gaze, his smirk vocalising 'I'm proud of you' he winked at her which had her smiling back at him. This had been their first proper interaction in months and they couldn't have been happier. As Avni walked up to him he consumed her form, there was a steadiness to her, as if all the storms in the world were a whispering breeze if she was there. She grew  kinder  and cleverer, perhaps that's what drew people to her. It was as if she knew she was born to be a queen of the earth, one who helped others, using her brain to fix whatever needed fixing. There was nothing "princess" about her though, just a fierce independence and a motherliness too... and she was that way from girlhood, confident with the air of a warrior. He loved her, they all did. He pulled her forward and kissed her the world falling away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. His hand rested below her ear, his thumb caressing her cheek as their breaths mingled. She ran her fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there was no space left between them and she could feel the beating of his heart against her chest. They were Avni and Neil, a visual representation of fire and ice, opposites in mind and in heart but they completed each other in a way that no other could. He needed her in the same way she needed him. Their relationship was a balance like yin and yang each bringing something to the relationship to help the other grow. Their love could not be defined. They were stronger together. Better together. They knew each other like the back of their own hands, every calculated move, every heart beat. They knew. And that is the essence of love. Knowing.

Her hands tangled into his hair pulling him closer, moaning at the contact they had so desperately missed. Their hearts beating as if this was their first kiss, palms becoming callous at the need for more. They heard cheering around them, the tensions that had once loomed over them lifting. The veil of anguish shedded to the floor. Their foreheads rested together as Avni opened her eyes, her petite arms wrapping around his waist bringing him closer, her head resting on his chest as his own hands wrapped around her. Snuggling closer Avni whispered "I've missed you Neil...I'm sorry..." his grip remained strong his own voice coming out as a soft whisper "you have nothing to be sorry for Avni, let's stop blaming ourselves now. We need to get over the past and embrace the future with open arms. This is our life Avni. But we are together, and that's all that matter." She looked up at him eyes boring into his a pleasant smile settling on her features. " I love you." She buried her head back in his chest as he chuckled at her shyness. "I love you too." They we're back together, stronger than ever and they were ready to punish the sinners that tormented their lives.

-authors Note:

Hey guys. I'm sorry, it's been a while, things have been hectic and i haven't had time to write. If anyone is still reading this I hope you enjoy this. Let me know what you think. I am planning to wrap this up in about maximum three chapters so I hope you stick around for that. Lots of love and best wishes.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro