01 - My Birthday...Halation

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I woke up from an endless darkness. A darkness that for some reason I did not want to let go. I did not know if I was dreaming something...I did not know why I had the feeling like I never wanted to wake up...

I opened my eyes. 5:30 in the morning. April 14. It was strange, I don't usually wake up this early. I feel...empty.

I looked at myself at the mirror. I saw my face, without makeup, looking as if I got really stressed for some reason. Same eyes, same hair, same old Maki Nishikino. I guess....

Looking out the window, the morning was cold. For some reason, I wanted to go outside and see if the world around me has...changed. I wasn't in the mood to play my piano. My mom is still sleeping, so I left her a note beside her bed.

I went outside, wearing red and having a ponytail as my hairstyle, and jogged. Many people walked by and did what they'd usually do. I did not meet anyone who recognized me and said "Oh my God, it's Maki-chan my idol!" or anything like that. As I ran outside, I felt as if everything around me was empty. Like something was missing.

Right. It has been more than two weeks now since u's disbanded after that last concert at Tokyo Dome. It was over at last. Ever since that day, I have never heard anything from my eight friends, though I did see them online and stuff, recently they seem like they did not want to talk much with each other. Honoka...Kotori...Umi...everyone...on what they're doing...what they're feeling. I have not talked nor visited them. The nine of us were just...being silent for the moment.

It was a bit hard to get back to my life not being part of u's. I have to get used to this...this new life.

Then I heard a couple I passed by, saying "Happy Birthday to you!" then one of them gave the other a ring. Hmmm...reminds me of...something. But anyway, that helped me to remember it will be my birthday days from now. It made me think...

Where did I go? To the park. There I will rest, then think again what is my schedule today and what I should be doing. And what to do with my birthday. Sitting on a bench, I wondered how it should happen this time. This time where, besides Rin-chan and Hanayo-chan, I am alone again. This time where I am no longer a school idol. This time where...where...I miss everyone. Thinking that, I felt depressed and just sat there in silence.........and then...

"Fushigi da ne, ima no kimochi...", I heard a very familiar sound...no...my voice.

I sang alone, the sweet melody of that song called "Snow Halation". That song was one I cannot forget. It was made not by me, but by each and everyone of us. That song that many of our fans say was their most favorite among all of our songs. That feeling...that tone...those outfits...that dance...this park......that...that girl...

Strange. Why Nico. Why now? Why did she came into my mind?

I kept singing...my heart told me to...I could not help it...

...Hajimette...de aru toki ni wa!...

Then I heard......."Naze!"...someone else was singing...

"Todokette setsuna sani wa!", I heard the voice of someone behind me singing that song. Before I looked behind to see that person, my hand was grabbed and that person pulled me away...

It was Nico.

She held my arms and swayed me. My body started moving on it's own too. Before I could even say anything, Nico and I were dancing. Without a word, she held my arm and my waist in a manner like dancing in a prom. She made her move first because I was lost in the moment.

"Maki-chan...", she said as she slowly moved her face closer to me...and my heart began to accelerate. I said in confusion: "NICO! What are you..."

"Let's dance...please...", she said. I looked at her and saw her sad eyes. She was depressed. She looked at me desperate for me to say yes. I did say yes - what choice do I have? We danced in the park, gracefully together.

"Nico...what is this all about?"

"Keep dancing...Maki-chan."

"Nico..."

Then after we danced, Nico held me tight. Really tight. Somehow she seemed uneasy. I had to ask her...now.

"Nico-chan, be honest. What's wrong? You have a reason for making me dance, aren't you?"

"Maki...I...I did that because it was my gift for you..."

"Huh?...Nico what are you..."

"It's your birthday soon, April 19 right?"

"...yeah. But..."

"Happy birthday."

Then without warning she kissed me hard and we fell to the ground. On top of me, Nico kissed with passion. Her lips were...sweeter this time...I could not think of anything. I just blushed...and let Nico did whatever she wanted to me...It was a long and sweet kiss...

"Nico...you're...being more aggressive than usual...don't you know we're in the public..."

"I love you, Maki-chan...", she said with a smile...with tears falling from her eyes.

I immediately hugged her. I could not believe what I saw. How could she cry like that?! Why would she be like this?!

"NICO! Tell me now, what the heck is wrong with you!!?"

Nico wiped her tears and looked at me.

"I...Maki-chan...I......*cough* *cough*...", suddenly Nico coughed..blood. Blood which came out of her mouth and fell on my face.

"NICO-CHAN!!? NICO-CHANNNN!!" I screamed as I saw Nico passing out. I started crying as Nico fell upon me, I tried to wake her up. Tried...but she did not.

NICO!!! NIIICOOOO!!!

Then suddenly, I saw everything around me turn blank. It was frightening to describe. Everything faded back into darkness.

--- ---

... Huh?....

I opened my eyes again. I saw something gray...no...my house. My room. I was in my room. My vision was a bit blurry when I heard:

"Maki-chan!! MAKI-CHAN!!"

Someone called me. I looked to find someone beside me.

It was Nico.

"Maki-chan. Are you alright?!"

Huh? Nico is here?!

"NICO-CHAN!!"

I tried to hug Nico when I suddenly started coughing and my head started hurting. Nico hugged me instead and said:

"Maki-chan don't move so much! You're sick, right?"

I laid my head back on my pillow. I felt something hot inside me and my head. She's right, I was sick.

Wait, does that mean all that - the park, Nico coughing blood - was just a dream?

"*cough* *cough*...Nico...what happened...?"

"You passed out Maki-chan. I was jogging outside when I saw you passed out in the park. You're lucky I was there to pick you up!"

...I see. So some parts of that dream did happen. Just thinking about Nico coughing blood though, I got worried. Immediately I held her hand.

"Nico-chan, are you sick?"

"Maki-chan, are you nuts!? You're the sick one around here, I'm fine!"

"Sure?"

"Sigh, Maki-chan, I am healthy and pretty, 100 percent! You have nothing to worry about!"

Hearing that, I was relieved. I'm glad she's okay. Still...I don't get why I had a dream like that...I hope nothing bad happens...

"Nico...*cough*...don't leave me...okay..."

"Maki-chan...", said Nico as she held my hand and said to me with a sad face...

"Maki-chan...I...I might not be here much longer..."

"Huh?...What...*cough*...what do you mean...?!"

"Maki-chan...I'm leaving. I will be moving to another city..."

Hearing that...I had wished I never woke up hearing that...things are about to change...

--------

A/N: Continuation will be on the next chapter, which will be coming soon.

Also, in case anyone asks, I am still working on Attack on Alpaca's next trailer, still in progress. It really will take a while, animating is a long, slow process, though I have already written down the first chapters. More updates to come on this project.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro