05 - The Love....

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Eri!?"

"Been too long, Maki-chan!", Eri appeared with a smile on her face.

ERI'S POV

How long has it been, I wonder, since we last met. Maki has really grown to do a lot of stuffs now, huh.

"Congratulations for becoming the new Student Council President Maki-chan."

"It's very, very late for you to say that, Eri-chan. I'm graduating already, so I'll no longer be Student Council President by next week."

"Hehe, true. But I am happy that you became one regardless."

"I'm not sure if I am really happy about it myself. I never wanted to be president, I just did it because everyone in class forced me to become one."

"If it was really forced on you, you could have just turned down their offer you know."

".....that...that is not what I....!!"

"Geez, just admit it. You were interested to become president, right?"

"......sigh...alright alright, I admit it. But I did it anyway beacuse I felt obliged to do it."

"Why?"

"Because you and Honoka were the former presidents. I just felt like wanting to continue where you guys left off. Especially when I didn't think Hanayo nor Rin would ever get to that position anyway."

I sat on the grass to start my conversation with her.

"You missed me.....no....you missed BiBi and u's, right Maki-chan?"

".....of course I do but....hang on, why are you talking to me like that?"

"Hehe, I just wanted to know if you really are enjoying this kind of life, Maki-chan. Don't you know how much I missed seeing my fellow ex-BiBi members?"

".....you just talked with Nico-chan, didn't you?"

"Yes, just a while ago. Is anything wrong talking with my former BiBi colleague?"

".......sigh...I knew you were up to something, Eri...."

Maki found out that I was investigating what just happened between her and Nico. Such a keen girl.

"I was just wondering when you guys will ever make up."

"Eri, let me and Nico settle it amongst ourselves. You don't need to involve yourself."

"You have a point, but I wouldn't agree to just turn a blind eye and pretend nothing wrong is going on, Maki-chan. And I have never seen you guys for a long time, so it just makes me more bothered than I have to be."

"Everything will work out - ", Maki says without a doubt.

"Are you sure?"

"It has to."

"When?"

"When Nico apologizes."

"What if she won't?"

"...........", Maki stayed silent after I said that. I knew it, she herself does not know how to deal with this kind of issue. I'm glad I got here to help her out.

"Geez...you guys have such a complex relationship...."

"That is just how it is between us, Eri-chan. Which also means that we won't make up as simply as you guys wanna think."

"Maki-chan....."

All this time I have always wondered what has been going with these two. There was always about their relationship that seemed odd yet so perfect. Yet they always try to keep it all a secret to themselves without informing us about it.

I sat closer to her and asked her:

"....do you still love Nico?"

Maki turned her head away, refusing to answer. Regardless, her eyes were telling me she might have no longer any interest Nico anymore.

"I see....", I said. I was about to come to the conclusion that she no longer loves her but then....

"Wait, don't get the wrong idea!!"

Maki-chan quickly reacted back to tell me what I am thinking was wrong. After a while, she took a deep breath and said to me:

"Sigh - I still love her, Eri-chan. But, I am worried about the consequences if I continue to do so."

"Oh?", it looks like Maki has a long explanation to say.

"Think about it, Eri-chan. Nico is working hard for her own future and her idol career. As much as possible, I want her to put her focus on that as much as possible. If I continue to push my feelings on her, she'll never become a better person."

"So you're saying that you're holding your feelings back because you want to give her more space and thus get to see her shine brighter?"

"Kinda like that. I am really happy for Nico that she finally is living her dreams to be an idol. And I don't wanna be her reason to give it all up. But....."

"But what?"

"Nico talked to me a while ago like I never did anything for her. She was saying stuff like I abandoned her and such. I admit that I was trying to get away from her, but it wasn't because I no longer wanted to support her. It was all for her own sake. I just....I just felt insulted with all she said about me. I am not that type of person. She should know I am still the same old redhead who calls her annoying back in school, but hugs her whenever she is in pain."

I wasn't satisfied with Maki's reasons. It felt lacking to be honest, if not insincere, to me. Especially when I noticed something off with how she does all that.

"But Maki-chan, you never made much effort to show that you care - ", Maki stood up and reacted a bit aggressively when I said that.

"What did you just say, Eri?!! I made a lot of effort if you only knew. Whenever Nico-chan gets aired on television, I watch her and I always feel the mood to smile knowing how far successful she had come. Whenever Nico-chan releases a song, I always listen to it or buy it early to show my support, no matter how bad the song was. And each time Nico has a concert, I would do whatever I can to watch it, regardless if it was live or recorded. Isn't it all enough!?"

"It isn't, Maki-chan. Actually, I've noticed a huge flaw in all your efforts."

"What?"

"You were too silent. I understand that you were trying to give her some space, but I believe you were supporting her in such a way that nobody, not even Nico herself, realizes it. I think that is why Nico is angry at you. You never showed her how supportive you were."

"But...."

"And one more thing: you never showed Nico-chan how much you valued your current relationship with her. How come back then you would go to great lengths to be with Nico even if you have to improvise somehow compared to now? Like when we were supposed to practice you managed some spare minutes to talk with her? Compare that now: facts like you never even bothered to visit her at your house, attend her concerts as a special guest, or even talking with her are evidence of that. As a result, Nico-chan got the impression you're no longer motivated to keep that relationship or that love you had or have with her."

".....no way....."

"I believe that in a way, you were also at fault, Maki-chan. That is why Nico is left confused as to what you truly feel for her now."

".....why are you criticizing me like that? Eri, you know I cannot be that kind of person. I'm not like Kotori who will always be at her friend's side and show it to everyone without any problems - "

"I wasn't saying you should be like her. Rather, I just wanted you to realize that you forgot how much Nico missed you. Her feelings, to be exact."

That is what I hope she realizes. All this time she was concerned only of her thoughts, her feelings, and her predictions and views on how to settle the score.

"....just shut up, Eri-chan."

"I care about you and Nico. Not because we used to be BiBi or u's. But because I'm your friend. And I don't want you guys to end up like Nozomi and I..."

"Nozomi?"

"You don't know right?"

"I know a bit....she left you suddenly without calling you back, right?"

"Wow, I wonder how you found that out, Maki-chan! I cannot think of any other way you found that out....unless you eavesdropped on - "

"JUST SHUT UP AND GO AWAY!!", Maki said as she lied down on the ground again and adjusted her position in a way that she didn't face me.

"Sigh....I'm glad you still have that tsundere side in you. I and everyone else would have been really lonely had that important trait no longer existed in the Maki-chan we all knew."

After saying what I have to say, I walked away and let Maki-chan think over all this. I wish them good luck.

Gosh, I still have to talk to Rin-chan and Hanayo-chan. Those two need to make up as well. It's funny that I got sent all the way here to become everybody's councilor, hehe.

I am glad that it was Honoka-chan who noticed all this and called me to help......

MAKI'S POV

"What the hell did Eri just say to me?", I said before I closed my eyes. Before I knew it, I unintentionally ended up sleeping on that same spot.

I slept out of guilt. Everything Eri said was true, and I feel so guilty that I never figured it out. I still stand by what I said, I still believe my actions were justified. But is my pride really getting the better of me?

What should I do now. I can't feel any sense of comfort after all that Nico just did. Darn her for making me feel so uneasy.

I had a dream....it was so blurry, I could not recall anything. All I could remember was that it was a dream with Nico and then Honoka in it....

I can't recall where that dream took place either........I only saw sunshine.....hands......cherry blossoms.......what else.....

......how can you say you love me.....have you forgotten......I missed you so much......I had an obligation......come true......dreams.....to be here...

Those were the words that I could only recall on that dream, I don't get it.

Then, I opened my eyes. The sky was orange and few clouds exist up there. It was sunset. Gosh, I just slept for a long time.

It felt weird, very unusual. I touched my eyes and found they were wet. Wait, did I cry in my sleep?

There was more to that. I got up to find that I was still lying on the field of grass. Yet....when I touched the grass, some grasses were dry whilst the others were wet....

I looked around and found an umbrella......wait a minute, so it rained while I slept?!!

But as I touched myself, I wasn't wet, not even my hair was soaked with water.....

"Finally, you're awake."

Then suddenly someone familiar caught my attention.

"It's 5:13, Maki-chan. You just slacked off your job as president to supervise the new students. Darn, had Eri-chan not arrived here, no one would have found a replacement for you. And what's more, you slept here like a princess without considering it might rain after seeing all those clouds. You're such a drag!"

I instantly knew who it was. My eyes widened and my heart wanted me to take action.

"Nico....."

"Don't you dare say a word. I never said you should talk."

She sat there, obviously angry at me. I just stayed silent.

All I could feel right now was fear and guilt. I don't know how to react.

"........I'll get to the point....."

Nico asked me a question without looking at me....

"....Maki-chan........do you love me?"

---------

A/N: I deeply apologize to everyone for not updating this story for almost a month. I got caught up with me and my family moving to another house, very stormy weather, and projects in school all made me forget to update this fanfic. However, I believe that the story I will be publishing now is better and more well-thought off compared to my original version.

Regardless, I will guarantee you guys that I will update by next week. Catch you all later.

(By the way, please give me ideas on what should my next NicoMaki story be about. Comment here for your ideas. Thanks! <3)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro