19. Sawada

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

19. Sawada

"Hey, Tsuna! I brought reinforcements!"

Reinforcements?

Let's go back a little into the past: It was around the time I took my afternoon naps. I always took afternoon naps, so that's not an accurate timeline.

Anyways, I was enjoying wasting my day away like a couch potato when the doorbell started ringing. Sui, wiping her hands on her apron, went to get the door.

"Yes, yes," she said, rushing over, putting on a stool to look through the peephole on the door. She then opened the door.

"Oh, it's Takeshi-nii!" Sae's voice rang out excitedly.

"Good evening," Sui greeted him.

"Yo!" he greeted, a bright grin on his face. At this point, I raised my head curiously, looking over the couch at his intruding presence into my comfort zone. "A little sudden, but do you mind if I kidnap your brother for the night? We'll only be home after dinner."

"It's fine with me." Sui said without hesitation.

"Well, if it's Takeshi-nii, it's completely fine!" Sae grinned back in response.

Wait, what's going on here- A hand grabbed at my scruff. "Let's go, Rei!" he said, dragging me out of the house.

And before I knew it, I was standing in front of the Sawada Household.

-----

"Oh, I'm Ninomiya Rei. I have no idea what's going on, but it seems I'm a reinforcement." I admitted to the two.

"We-Welcome, Rei-kun." Tsuna stuttered nervously, not very used to interaction with me yet.

Gokudera tutted. "We don't need you here." he spat. It seems he remembers my cigarette treatment towards him, and is antagonizing me.

"I'm Miura Haru!" the girl introduced herself sportively, "Are you Tsuna-san's friend?"

"Yes, I'm Tsuna-san's friend." I smiled back, giving the girl the friendliest first impression I could muster. "And so," I remembered the item in my hand, "I managed to procure some cake from the fridge before Takeshi kidnapped me. Want some?" I offered, taking out a white box, "It's a full cake, though."

"Hahi! You're a nice guy!" Haru was happy.

"Quit that!" Gokudera snapped. "We're here to help the Tenth and the Baseball Idiot with homework!" he scolded me, perhaps.

I put the cake aside. "Oh, homework." I say, "If that's the case, which question are y'all stuck on?" I brought a smile to my face.

"Tch, why're you acting so confident?" Gokudera scowled at me.

I put a finger at his lips. "Shh, Bomber boy," I say, "Let's not be so snappy."

He bit my finger.

I laugh.

-----

"This is incredible, Rei-kun!" Tsuna complimented me, "I got it all done in a flash!" he awed, looking over his homework again as if he couldn't believe it was all finished.

Yamamoto laughed, "Rei's super smart!" he said, keeping his books into his bag. He briefly turned to Hayato. "Probably smarter than Gokudera." he decided to say.

"Hahi! Haru can't even match up." Haru said. She was in awe too. She'd come over uninvited as usual to the household, but even her advanced studies couldn't match up to some of the questions that were given by Tsuna's crazy teachers.

"I'm not dumber than this guy!" Gokudera retorted, pointing a rude finger at me, "I can win him in the other subjects! Probably!" he was desperate.

"Don't be such a tryhard, Gokudera-kun." Haru gave him a skeptic side glance.

"What did you say, stupid woman??" that set the bomber off.

Deciding I should make peace with Gokudera, I thought up ways to make up have a truce in our relationship. "Well, but all I can do is study, so you guys have me beat in everything else." I deny the fact, sipping on juice that Nana brought up for us. "So Hayato-kun wins against me."

"Really?" Gokudera piped up, "Wait- Who gave you permission to call me Hayato??"

"Oh, I can't? Sorry." I didn't sound apologetic enough, "I call almost everyone on first name basis, so it's a hard habit to break."

"You piss me off to no end." Gokudera spat.

"Thank you very much." I say.

"THAT'S IT, I'LL KILL YOU!" he snapped.

Takeshi holds him back. "Now, now, we got our homework done!" he tried to soothe the boy.

"That's amazing, he's standing up to Gokudera like it's nothing." I heard Tsuna mumble. I shoot him a smile, telling him I definitely heard that. Immediately, he jumped and scurried away behind Takeshi.

I then turned to Haru. "Hey, Haru-chan, wanna see some magic?" I ask. "A free show just for you guys!" I offer.

"Hahi! I thought your name sounded familiar- you're the leader of the Clown Troupe!" Haru realized, a hand over her mouth in a gasp, "I'm a big fan! May I have your signature?"

I chuckled at that. Who asks for autographs from an online clown? Actually, I've just never had one before. A face-to-face fan that asked for an autograph. It was a nice experience.

"What?" Gokudera raised an eyebrow at that, not understanding why my autograph was asked for, "What's going on here?" he asked.

"Oh, Gokudera, you don't know? Rei's a Magician." Takeshi said, pointing at me. "He's pretty popular."

"Tch. Magic's just a bunch of mumbo jumbo that tricks your eyes." he turned away. Gokudera was, as I'd expected, quite a science man. I'd suspect only UMAs could catch his interests. "Tenth, let's not entertain this faker and-" he stood up, leaving the room.

"Now, now Gokudera!" Takeshi caught Hayato and pulled him down so he wouldn't escape, "Let's just watch the show! It's amazing, I promise!"

"I've watched his shows before, and they're pretty cool." Tsuna tried, admitting the fact, "Mom's a fan too."

It didn't take long for the three of them to settle down on one side of the room in anticipation. I sigh, taking out an eye mask from my shirt pocket. When I had no time for makeup, I used a masquerade mask.

Of course, mine was green.

"I brought this." Reborn appeared at the side, holding out my top hat. He's appeared out of virtually nowhere, earning a few surprised yelps.

"Thanks, Reborn-kun." I say, fitting the hat on my head and fixing my hairclips. I stood up, bringing my left wrist up to my forehead and closed my eyes.

"Please watch over me, brothers." I whisper softly.

I smiled, opening my eyes. I raised my arm towards the sky.

"Ladies and gentlemen!"

-----

-----

"Thanks a lot for the night, Sawada-san." I bowed politely. "Dinner was delicious," I gave her the most childlike smile I could muster, because I know she'd be happy with it.

"My, thank you!" she was definitely happy, "Oh, you can just call me Maman, everyone calls me that." she said, "Come by anytime! I hope you'll continue taking care of my No-good son, too!" she said.

I blushed slightly. "I will, Maman." I tried saying.

It was embarrassing to say but- it was definitely, definitely, something I'd wanted to try saying for a long, long time.

"Thanks again for your hospitality." I bow in gratitude.

-----

"So, Gokudera-kun," I speak up to the Bomber boy, "Can we be friends?"

"Huh?" he was repulsed by the fact, "I'm only friends with the tenth!" he declared, "We don't need you around, especially because you're suspicious! What if you're from an enemy Family!"

I paused. "Family?" I spoke the word the English, "As in- family? Enemy, family?" I questioned, playing dumb, "Huh?" I added.

He froze in shock. Oh no, could it be, that I don't know anything about the Mafia?

"Oh!" I faked realization, "Is it that Mafia thing Reborn-kun mentioned?" I asked. "I've heard Mafia Organizations are referred to as 'Family'. So it's true!"

This time, Gokudera was surprised. "You were invited by Reborn-san?" he questioned.

I shook my head. "He just mentioned it when I asked about it." I explained, "You're so cool, being in the Mafia and all." I grin.

"Cool, you say-" and Gokudera blushes. "It's nothing, really!"

I chuckle.

And just then, I felt a weight on my head.  "This is great timing." Reborn was on my head again.

"Great timing?" Gokudera and I asked, "For what?"

"Why don't you join the Mafia, Rei?" Reborn suggested, "We could use someone like you around." he said.

Eh?

Wait, that wasn't exactly part of the plan-

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro