36. Will

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

36. Will

Hibari Kyouya

Sakura were beautiful.

Hibari Kyouya, before chancing upon Trident Shamal, enjoyed Sakura like any average Japanese. But this-- this was definitely abnormal-- cherry blossom trees, after all, do not grow on the higher floors of an abandoned building.

A hand grasped roughly at his hair, lifting up his head. Hibari Kyouya scowled. If only that Trident Shamal didn't--

Rokudo Mukuro chuckled mockingly. And in an act of mercy, he let go of the prefect. "Oh," the blue-haired male taunted, "Are you perhaps thinking that it would've be fine if there were no cherry blossoms around?"

Hibari glared, bloodlust going strong, but his body strongly rejected any attempt to continue fighting. And it wasn't just the Sakura Disorientation Disease talking. Broken bones, definitely. Blood was running over his face, his arms, legs... his uniform was splattered with red in few places--but he didn't have time to worry about that.

-------

Ninomiya Sui

Sae was always smiling. Sae was the definition of innocence and purity. Sae was always the bright, brimming sunshine ball of happiness.

But Sui was not the same. Sui was a silent child. She was soft, blank, and perhaps a little ditzy. She was the polar opposite of Sae.

Sui had just woken up. In Kyoko's room, with Sae still sound asleep beside her. Kyoko was nowhere to be seen, but Sui didn't mind that. Contemplatively, Sui looked out the window.

Sae endorsed in her studies, in activities, in her friends and in her family. But Sui often preferred solitude. And in contrast to school and friends-- Sui was one that loved internet games.

Most people would prefer Sae. She was the model child and she was the cuter one. And Sui was perfectly fine with that. In fact, Sui preferred that.

Sui wanted to always stay in the background. She needed no compliments, she needed no praise. She needed no opinions and counsel. She was fine with that as long as Rei was around.

As long as Rei was around,

But Rei was not around.

That was when she started crying again.

-------

Yamamoto Takeshi

Takeshi had always treasured his friends. Takeshi has always been a great friend. And amongst everyone, he was the one that knew Rei the best.

And if Takeshi knew anything about Rei, it was the fact that Rei loved his sisters. Rei would never leave his sisters behind. Rei would never make his sisters cry.

And Rei definitely knew going missing would make his sisters cry. So why did he do that?

Takeshi's hand was warily put on the casing of his baseball bat. The special bat Reborn had given him at a prior meeting.

Kokuyo Centre.

Takeshi may be oblivious, carefree and perhaps a little too laid-back, but he's not all smiles and sunshine. After all, Takeshi knows that he's here to fight.

He's here to bring him back.

--------

Ninomiya Yuuichirou

"The deal's not in another two days, Tsuyoshi-" he groaned into the phone, "I know, I know! I know what I said! There were too many complications and disagreements and-- god, Tsuyoshi, I really want to ditch this fucking job right now!"

Then why don't you just do it, Yuuichirou! Is your job more important than your kids??

"Because this is the freaking Marco Famiglia we are talking about!" Yuuichirou lost his temper, "They're Ranked Fifth in Bloodlust, according to Ranking Prince! The fuck do you think is gonna happen if I just up and left them hanging??"

Christ, quit affiliating yourself with the Mafia already!

"Your son's gonna be in the bloody Vongola, you hypocrite!"

There was a long, long moment of awkward silence.

Just- a sigh was heard on the other end, -come back as soon as you can, alright?

Yuuichirou's fist clenched. "Yeah," he said. He bit his bottom lip, took a breath, and breathed out. "Tsuyoshi... if you hear any news about Rei-"

I'll call you right away, I know.

Yuuichirou could've cried in gratitude, but he didn't. "Thanks."

He's never felt this happy to have an old friend.

-------

Gokudera Hayato

Ninomiya Rei was neutral.

Gokudera did not particularly hate him, but Gokudera wasn't planning on getting chummy anytime soon. That kid was fine just being 'Green'.

It fascinated Gokudera sometimes how the boy acted. Magic tricks never interested Gokudera, but when he first saw Green's shows-- Gokudera was instantly hooked.

It often made Gokudera wonder why such a man would associate himself with Yamamoto. They had little in common. One was a sports jock, and the other was unable to do anything rigorous without coughing and hacking up at the end of it.

Green was a valuable piece of entertainment, Gokudera gave the excuse.

I haven't had the chance to show him that I'm better at darts, either.

--------

--------

---------

Drew Cite

Ninomiya Rei opened his eyes. He was in a big room. He lay on his side, and his back was against the wall. There were sounds of fighting outside.

-Hibari Kyouya, my guess.

He hypothesized calmly, collectedly, blankly. His face remained expressionless as he took in information like a sponge-- and slowly broke them down to piece together more information.

His eyes wandered around the room, searching for signs of life.

-Ranking Prince, Fuuta de la Stella.

The child was sitting nearby, staring straight at Ninomiya Rei. He was staring, staring-- his face blank and emotionless, his mind having been taken over by Rokudou Mukuro.

Rei's eyes drifted past him dismissively.

Ninomiya Rei pushes himself up. A sharp pain shot through various parts of his body, but the end result was him unable to budge an inch.

-Broken ribs, dislocated shoulder, fractured hand.

-Concussion- probably not.

His left hand was right by him. He eyed the Void Ring on his middle finger, and carefully, carefully inched closer.

-I need the power-- to stand back up again.

His fist tightened and his eyes clenched shut.

Dear fucking god-

He sighed.

Y'know what? I don't care anymore. I don't even give a shit or two or three about it anymore.

Hey, can you hear me, Void? I know you can hear me. I know you can, so you'd better listen. Y'see, I would like to issue a formal complaint about this offer I've been given on a trial basis.

Well, to get started-- allow me to denounce my disapproval.

First off, Ninomiya Rei does not deserve this bullcrap.

Secondly, Ninomiya Rei has suffered from enough of your mothe-- freaking pranks!

And finally, Ninomiya Rei belongs to me. He is mine. Who gave you the permission to fucking touch him?

He belongs to me, he belongs to Drew Cite!

I'm not liking this broken life you're giving him. I demand a refund.

Or a cheat. Reincarnation always calls for cheats. Gimme one, dammit!

Sincerely, Drew.

(PS. NOW!!)

Anger burned in her soul. Hatred was etched into her being. But for the sake of the one she was and wasn't, she will give it up. For the sake of his future, she will gladly mislook her own sorrow and despair.

But his sorrow and his despair-- That was one thing she could not forgive.

He is her, and she is him.

I am not letting my second life drown in the depths of your stupid games!

And when he-

And when she opened his eyes again, the ring was lit. It was lit with an eerie, black flame.

And Drew Cite smiled.

"Way to break canon." she joked.

-------

--------

It's only a one time deal, alright?

-Begrudgingly, Void.

(PS. Please don't do this next time, I would get in serious trouble with Heaven and Hell.)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro