05. It's all downhill from here

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hello lovely! How r u? It's been a while but now I'm back! Hope u enjoy the chapter!

0.5 It's all downhill from here

"What?!" Mom stares at me wide-eyed

"Mom, calm down," I say "it's not so bad─

"Not that bad?" She repeats "you'll be gone to an unknown place for the goddess knows how long with no one to save you, shall you land yourself in trouble!"

"Mom," I say calmly "I'll be okay, I can handle myself."

And besides, a little adventure won't hurt.

Mom lets out a shaky breath "I just need sometime to myself. Go to sleep, Elise. You have to leave early in the morning."

With that she walks out of the room, leaving me with a dull ache in my chest. Oh mother dearest, why do you worry as such?

Because you are all she has left.

With a sigh, I collapse on my bed. Yes I want to travel a bit. Yes I want some excitement and adventure but not at the expense of Mom's peace.

With my mind made up, I go out of the Omega quarters and start for the main pack house. The dew drenched grass bends under my feet, the cold night air makes me wish I'd put on a jacket.

Thankful that my hair is covering my ears, I quickly reach the back door of the pack house. Slipping inside since I knew it'd be unlocked, I rake my head.

Luna and Darcie would never help me. Alpha is probably not going to see me at this hour of the night and snap at me for sneaking in. I have no idea what Casper is like since he just came back with Luke. That only leaves me with one possible option...

The moon knows where his room would be! How am I supposed to find him?

Nevertheless I march towards the stairs and soundlessly go up to the second floor. I wander along the hallway, thinking;

If there are five rooms here, one for Darcie, one for her brother Casper, one for the Betas and one for the Alphas so that only leaves me with...

I walk towards the room at the end of the hallway. The perfectly polished door shows me my reflection.

I raise my hand to knock but then stop. What am I going to say?

So hey there, I can't go with you. Why? Well, my mother is feeling worried for me.

That sounds really professional, doesn't it?

For ten minutes I raise and drop my hand, thinking hard about what to do.

Finally, I take a deep breath, raise my hand, ready to knock.

The door opens.

My hand freezes in mid air, my eyes stare at someone's tanned skin instead of the polished door.

Luke stands in the door frame, his brown hair ruffled, dark blue eyes staring down at me with a tinge of irritation.

Did I mention he's shirtless?

Heat rushes to my face and with no better option, I focus my eyes on his.

"You've been standing outside my door for the last ten minutes," he says in a raspy voice "what do you want?"

"Oh, umm, I-I have to say something." I shutter

What are you saying, Elise?! Don't let this shirtless male think you're an idiot!

"Then say it." his lips curl in a tired frown

He really does look tired. With the bags under his eyes, the weary look in them, he looks like he hasn't slept in ages.

A low growl snaps me out of my thoughts.

"What. Do. You. Want?" Luke narrows his eyes at me

Hmm, I want a lot of things. Like freedom from this godforsaken pack, and equal rights for Omegas, and a good soulmate, did I mention a puppy? And some dirty diapers to throw at Darcie?

"I can't go with you," I say, my voice comes out stronger than expected

Three cheers for me!

"Why?" Luke's eyes narrow to slits

"Because," I drawl out "because I'll cause trouble, I always do. I can't do a thing right! You should listen to your father, he was telling the truth when he said I can't obey anyone!"

Luke leans down so we're on eye level, the scent of pine trees and coffee waves over to me, making my stomach twists in a weirdly good feeling knot. His narrowed dark, deep blue eyes stare into my wide hazel ones.

"I haven't slept peacefully in a long time and when finally, today I fell asleep, you woke me up at this hour of the night to point out how bad of an omega you are?" His warm breath fans my face

"Yes?" I grin sheepishly

"You are going to the north with me. End of conversation." And he slams the door in my face

For a moment, I stand there like a gaping fish. I raise my hand, ready to knock and give him a piece of my mind when the door swings open again.

"I see you're still here," Luke growls

"Just wanted to say, good night." My own tongue betrays me

I quickly turn around and go to the Omega quarters.

Seems like I'm going to the north.

"Take care of yourself," I hug mom tightly

"You too dear," she says, hugging me back

"Try to not get in trouble," Morgan says to me with a grin

"Aye, aye, captain." I grin back

"I'll miss you," Angelina says "and I'm so sorry you have to leave, it's all my fault."

"Hey, hey, don't stress yourself." I say, putting a hand on her shoulder "besides, a free trip to the north? Sounds pretty good to me."

I wave at my family one more time before hurriedly going towards the garage. When I reach it, people are hurrying about, pack warriors loading their things in one car, the higher ranks standing a bit away from them, muttering among each other.

I notice that the Omegas they'd picked are standing by their sides, heads bowed. With a sigh, I tighten my grip on the strap of my duffle bag and walk over to a certain Alpha Lycan.

"So, where are we going?" I ask Luke

"Pakistan," he replies, hands clasped behind his back

"But that would be a 14 hour flight!" I point out

Be it Lycans or Werewolves, but Lycans more so, they hate long flights. It makes their wolf grumpy and agitated.

"But very worth it," Luke says "Naran Kaghan vales are known to be one of the most beautiful places in the world."

A wave of excitement crashes over me, suddenly this trip doesn't feel bad at all.

I was wrong. It was bad, heck, it was horrible! 14 hours in a damn plane, then God knows how long in a car and we still haven't reached the place!

"We're here," the Omega driving our car, John I think his name is, says to us

"Freedddddom!" I jump out of the car as soon as it stops

The first thing I notice is the cold. The second that it's dark and I can't see anything. The third that there's a mansion on a brilliant land scope just in front of me. But keeping the second point in mind, I can't very well see. Oh well.

Grinning like a maniac, duffle bag in hand, I hop over to Luke. He starts walking without acknowledging my presence but I'm just so happy to be on my feet, I don't care.

"Omegas, all of you will have a room attached with your incharge." Luna explains as we enter the grand hall of the house "Behave yourselves and serve with diligence."

Two stair cases go up, one from either side of the hall and Luke turns to the left one. I following behind quickly.

We'd reached the middle when a banshee like scream meets my ears.

"Elise!!!" I cringe and then look at Darcie just behind us

"I need your help, come to my room." She quickly reaches us and gives me a look of pure authority

"But you have Flora with you." I nod towards the Omega female behind her

"Oh I do," Darcie grins at me "but I need you right now."

I look at Luke, eyebrows furrowed. Darcie turns to him as well, batting her eyelashes, she warps herself around his arm.

"Luke darling, you won't mind, would you?" She purrs

Luke stares at her for a moment, his face one of pure indifference.

"Fine, but be quick." He smoothly pulls his hand away from Darcie

I give him an unbelievable look, he merely shrugs and continues going up the stairs.

"Hurry up Alice, or Elise, or whatever your name is!" Darcie snaps

I hold back a growl and follow her to her room. It's almost identical to her room back in the pack house. They must've been here before.

"Now," she grins at me, a spark of evil lighting up her eyes "let's have a little fun."

Sometimes, in your life, you have to be the strong one. Sometimes, life throws you in unexpected situations where others might lose their mind but you have to go on. You have to remind yourself that your better than this, stronger than this.

"Do it properly!" A familiar voice snaps

With a deep breath, I somehow manage to keep my hands on Darcie's feet rather than her neck.

Be strong Elise! You can get through this!

No only did she make me clean her room, arrange her wardrobe, brush her hair─ which somehow kept being pulled─ and put it in a braid, put a face mask on her, but she also wanted a foot massage.

"Ah, this is better." She sighs in content

The door opens, I don't bother looking up and get myself more humiliated than I already am.

"What is going on here?"

Darcie jumps, the cucumbers on her eyes fall down. I whip my head towards the door to see Luke glaring at the scene in front of him.

"Luke, you startled me." Darcie says "You see, I was just letting Alice give me a foot mass─

"Get up," Luke growls lowly, his eyes focused on me

I quickly stand up from my crouched position and grab my duffle bag from the corner.

"To my room, right now." He says

I hurriedly pass by him and go out the door and to the one just to it's right since I'd seen Luke going there.

I enter the big, square room. There's a king size bed in the middle, a big window on the east wall, a study desk near the bed and the whole place is predominantly white. I see a door at the west wall─ my room.

Before I could go collaspe on my bed and thank my lucky stars, someone else comes inside and slams the door shut behind.

I jump and turn around. Dark, stormy blue eyes glare at me. What the hell? What did I do?

"I brought you here to work for me, no one else, understood?" Luke says, barely controlled anger evident in his voice

Really? Weren't you the one who sent me with her?

But instead of telling him so, I take in consideration the look on his face and do otherwise.

"Okay," Ladies and gentlemen mark your calendars, this is a moment to remember

Well, he does look like he might bite my head off. You can't blame me for being cautious.

"Good," he says, his face still as angry as before "now go and get some sleep, we have some hectic days ahead."

Sneak peak!

"Careful," Luke takes my small hand in his, funny our hands fit together just right "I don't want you to immobilize yourself and complain that you can't work."

Please comment and vote!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro