07. Unpaid Job

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hello my lovely reader! How r u? I have a lill' confession to make
English is not my first language.

Did you guess that?😝 Or is my writing pretty spot on?

07. Unpaid Job

The rest of the greetings went by in a blurr. And after dinner I find myself standing in Luke's room, fiddling with my fingers.

Why the hell do I feel like I owe him an explanation?! I'm not his slave!

"Where were you?" Luke stares at me from behind his desk, over his steepled fingers

"I was just looking around," I shrug "you know, you said this valley is one of the most beautiful places in the world."

"All by yourself?" He raises an eyebrow

"Yes?" I say but it comes out like a question. Crap!

In one moment, he's around his desk and in front of me. Damn that supernatural Lycan speed!

I stare at him wide eyed, the scent of pine trees and coffee reaches me, making my head feel light. I can feel the raw power in his aura, the strength behind his dark blue irises and it makes a shiver race down my spine.

Luke narrows his eyes at me, then takes a deep breath. The storm in his eyes intensifies. Oh dear.

"Who were you with?" He asks

"Umm, a friend of mine." I say, trying to stop my heart from beating it's way out of my chest

"And does this friend of yours have a name?" Luke asks

"He probably does, but that doesn't matter." I wave dismissively "besides, I made it in time, didn't I?"

Luke gives me a look and suddenly, my skin starts itching to submit. To lower my head and answer him. So he's using his Alpha power now, is he?

Clenching my fists, I keep my eyes on his. If he's stubborn then I am too! Besides, the moon knows what he'd do if he finds out one of the pack warriors has been going around doing nothing but keeping an Omega entertained.

Finally, with narrowed eyes Luke straightens himself.

"Fine." He says

He walks back to his desk, leaving me to stare at his back in surprise and confusion.

"That's... It?" I say unsurely

"Yes, you are excused." Luke picks up a paper, grabs a pen and starts writing something "for now."

With a confused nod, I turn around and go to my room, trying not to think too much of his mood swings.

"Wake up,"

"Go to hell," I pull the blankets up to my head and for a few moments, drift off the peaceful slumber when─

"Eeeeek!" I jump one foot in the air when something rips away my blanket

My eyes fly up to someone's handsome face and I want noting more than to slap it.

"Morning jog, remember?" Luke says, tossing my blanket aside

"Why are you even taking me along?!" I demand, using my hands to exaggerate

"I brought you here to discipline you," he says, already walking towards the door "you have ten minutes to get ready if you don't want to jog in that."

I glance down at my fuzzy pajamas, glare at the hard, muscular back of an asshole and I pick up my pillow, ready to throw it but─

I bury my face in it and scream my frustration out. Ugghh! Alpha males! They are so damn infuriating!

Dragging my sorry self out, I run the 10 miles distance 3 times and surprisingly, I'm not fainting this time!

After we go back, I quickly make Luke some breakfast and take it up. Might as well get my jobs over with as quick as I can.

"Where are you going?" Luke asks as I turn towards my room

I almost reply, 'Away from your damned presence.' but I demonstrate extreme maturity and self control.

"To take a nap," I shrug

"Then I should inform you that there's a change of plans," he says, takes a moment to sip his coffee "Get dressed."

The nerve of this man! How can he tell me the change in my plans? And what does he mean by getting dressed?

"Why should I get dressed?" I ask

"Do as I said and I'll tell you the reason afterwards."

"You will have to tell me the reason right now," I cross my arms stubbornly

Luke let's his stormy gaze meet my steely one. The air around us fills with tension.

"Come here," A powerful, demanding voice commands

My own legs betray me and start walking but my tongue takes my side
"Why?"

Luke picks up a paper from his desk, the same paper he was writing on last night. He holds it out for me.

I take it with a raised eyebrow and let my eyes skim over the elegant writing.

Meeting with other participants of the Hunt.

Check preparations of the Crescent Moon ceremony.

Reviewing the lastest reports of our pack funds.

A letter to Alpha Hugo of the Full Moon pack.

It went on and on about various tasks and I look up at Luke in question.

"What is this?" I ask

"This is a list of things I have to get done today," he says casually

"Why are you giving this to me?" I ask dreadfully

"Because you will be managing my time, reminding me respectfully when I need to attend to the next task and overall, Making sure all of this is wrapped up in one day," he says

His lips tug upwards in a smirk and he raises his coffee mug, haughty blue eyes on me.

Firstly; I can't believe he took that to be the first thing he smirks on.

Secondly; I can't believe I find it handsome!

Thridly; I hate his stupid guts!

"What's the matter, Hazel?" He raises an eyebrow "Are you afraid your limited potential as an Omega will be insufficient for─

"For my unpaid Job?" I flash him a smile so sharp it could've been used to cut metal "No, Sir, I think I'm very capable of handling it."

"Then go ahead and get dressed, we have places to be."

Since I don't own any office clothes, a simple red sweater and dark jeans will have to do.

I follow Luke to the study room in the Mansion, a notepad and pen in my pocket, when we come to a halt.

Casper, the soon-to-be beta, looks from Luke to yours truly and back to Luke. His eyes glaze over and so do Luke's.

I roll my eyes and shift my weight on one leg. Mind linking to leave me out of the conversation, huh?

A moment later, Luke opens the door of the study room, which might as well be made a meeting room. Maybe it already is, considering the numerous men already there.

None of the Alpha's or Beta's greet each other, other than a simple nod.

Luke turns to me "Wait here,"

"But I want to know what this is about," I say

"It's about the Alpha Hunt's rules, Elise." Casper answers me, he knows me? "it's really no use to you."

"But─

Luke gives me a hard look, I narrow my eyes at him and turn my face away. Asshole.

As the meeting in there goes on and on, I pace the hallway, press my ear against the door to hear anything, fail miserably at that and start pacing again.

Finally, a buzz from my phone tells me it's time to check the preparations.

With a grin, I knock the door. No response. My grin falls, I knock again. No response whatsoever.

I turn the knob and swing open the door. The room is dark and a projector is displaying one mesmerizing view of the Crescent Moon.

"As all of you know, the crescent moon is in a few days, that night the Goddess will pair us up with our partners." I'd recognize that powerful voice anywhere─ Luke.

The Goddess will pair them up?

I move along the wall, trying to get his attention without disturbing anyone. Suddenly, the image of the moon blurrs and a dark shape comes over it. Is that supposed to be an eclipse?

A dozen heads turn my way and I feel the powerful gazes of the moon knows how many Alphas on my little self.

Luke's eyes find mine instantly, he raises an eyebrow.

"Oh, sorry," I quickly move away from the projector "do continue."

"I think this meeting is at its end," Luke says "Gentlemen, we will meet again on the crescent moon night."

There are murmurs among the crowd, heavy feet on the floor and a very pissed off Alpha in my line of sight. Can this man ever be happy with me?

"I told you to wait outside," Luke hisses through his clenched jaw

"Well, if you've forgotten, you have others things to do!" I hiss back

"And if you've forgotten, you have to remind me respectfully. " He narrows his eyes

"Fine, you have other things to do too, Sir!" I say

"What a pleasant surprise," a familiar male voice reaches my ears

I turn to face Alpha Ethan. He smiles at me, his blue eyes crinkle. Unlike Luke's stormy and powerful ones, they're calm, clear and polite.

"Alpha Ethan," I remember to bow my head and then return his smile "nice to see you again."

"Don't be so formal," he says, he tone welcoming "you can just call me Ethan."

My eyes widen "Your name? But, I can't just─

"It would be no problem, the Alpha title makes me feel older than I am." He grins at me

Well, if that's the case then...

"We will see you later, Alpha." Luke's hand closes around my arm like a vice "we have other things to attend to."

"Of course," he nods at Luke, then gives me another smile "I look forward to meeting you again, Elise."

Luke starts walking. More for the sake of annoying him than for anything else, I look over my shoulder and grin at Ethan.

"See you soon," I say "Ethan."

Sneak peek!

Luke's point of view!

Please comment and vote!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro