19. The Last One

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"After eight long years..."
Whispered Aaryan staring at their home. The place where he spent his childhood. It contain both his tears and laughs... Mixed emotions and inseparable memories...

But Anirudh was never tied by the feeling of nostalgia. He hated that place, he always felt as if a stranger when ever he stand in front of it, especially after their mother's death.

"August... Wake up... We have reached..."
Said Anirudh patting on Agasthya's cheeks. He was sleeping in his sitting position.

Agasthya yawned rubbing his eyes. He was a little tired due to the long journey. He couldn't sleep perfectly in the plane also.

"Oh... It's very large... And beautiful..."
Exclaimed Agasthya with wide eyes.

The trio entered into the house. It was kept as same by the servants. The garden, photographs, their father's library, lab... Everything...

"Which room should I choose?"
Agasthya asked to Aaryan in a very low voice.

"Your choice..." Smiled Aaryan.

"Really?"

"Yes... You can..."

Agasthya examined the rooms by turning his head around. But ended up in confusion.

"Aary bhaiya... You choose the best one for me..." Agasthya said shaking his head making Aaryan laugh.

Anirudh startled by the sudden sound and turned back raising his eyebrows.
"Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing Ani bhaiya..." Agasthya replied with a jerk glaring Aaryan.

"Well... Are you hungry, August? May I order something for you?"

"Yes... Chicken Burger, Ani bhaiya!"

"No..." Aaryan cut Agasthya immediately.
"No junk food. You already have high bp problem so I won't allow you."

Agasthya looked Anirudh for help but before he could intervene he also warned by Aaryan.

"Ani... Don't dare to support him in this case, it's his health issue..."

"Ok..." Said Anirudh being helpless. He was sure that Aaryan will scold him otherwise.

"Then what should I eat, Aary bhaiya? I am hungry..." Pouted Agasthya.

"Come with me..."
Said Aaryan holding Agasthya's hand and walked towards the kitchen.

With in five minutes Aaryan prepared coffee and some snacks for Agasthya.

"Super... I didn't know that you cook like this! Amazing Aary bhaiya..."

Aaryan smiled looking at Agasthya's surprised face.

"Then who cooked for you and your Ani bhaiya in Delhi?"

"Servants..."

"Yes, but only launch and dinner. What about breakfast and your bed coffee?"

Agasthya scratched his head. He never thought about it.

"I didn't notice you preparing breakfast..."

"Obviously... Breakfast is made in morning but you wakeup only after 10. AM usually..." Aaryan chuckled.

Agasthya also laughed but chocked the food and started to cough.

"Are you ok?" Aaryan patted on his back while making him drink water.

"Yes... Yes..." Replied Agasthya. His face was red because of the sudden cough.

"Eat this too..." Said Aaryan while serving some more in his plate.

"I loved it." Giggled Agasthya.

Aaryan shook his head looking at Agasthya. He was sitting on the table waving his legs, just like a child.

"Aary bhaiya... If you don't mind... May I ask something?"

"Why not! I am your elder brother."

"Don't feel bad... But this kitchen, cooking etc. are always done by ladies. So..."

Aaryan didn't allow Agasthya to complete.

"Who told you these foolishness?"

Agasthya smiled sheepishly.

Aaryan sighed. He moved near to Agasthya and sat beside him.

"I didn't mean to tease you bhaiya..." Agasthya whispered in regret. He thought Aaryan was hurt.

"No August... It is not a teasing but a praise actually... Managing the house is not an easy job, especially for working women... We should respect them the most for their multitasking skills..."

Agasthya smiled at Aaryan. His brother was really really a great person. Admirable...

"You know August... When I was a child I loved to spend my time in kitchen with my mother... She thought me to cook these dishes... Actually Papa also used to join with us but your Ani bhaiya was really lazy in that case... See the aftereffect, Anirudh don't know how to make even a cup of tea by himself..."
Said Aaryan winking his eyes.

Agasthya couldn't help but laugh. He hugged Aaryan and started to play with his hair.

Aaryan absolutely enjoyed each second. Usually he never allows anyone to touch his hair but Agasthya was making it a real mess. Aaryan was also surprised on the fact that he felt no anger in his mind for August.

"Bhaiya... You love your mother that much... Isn't it?"

"Yes August... She was, is, and will be my best friend and mender forever..."

It was totally a new experience for Agasthya. He had no one in his life as a mother or replace her absence.

Aaryan side hugged Agasthya. He sensed what is annoying Agasthya's mind now.
'I really wish if you were my real brother not step brother '. Said Aaryan in his mind.

Anirudh stood in front of the room, one which was called as his room once.

He didn't feel any emotional attachment. He wished to fly back to Delhi as soon as possible, solving all problems. Mumbai was suffocating him actually...

He walked in looking at his teenage photographs on the wall.

"I have changed a lot" Anirudh smiled. But again he felt nothing which can be explained as nostalgic.

"I think my mind became that much mechanical... I have to finish it all, can't be late anymore..."
He sighed.

He opened his book shelf and started to check it just for time pass.

In between some random books there were some diaries which gained his attention.

With a jerk Anirudh started to check it's initial pages. Some of them were his father's business records and some were personal diaries including his father's and mother's.

With shivering hands Anirudh turned it's pages. His mind was continuously whispering that it may help him.

"Ani bhaiya..."

Before Anirudh could read anything he startled by Agasthya's voice.

Anirudh pushed all the books into a drawer and locked it. Then turned to face his brother.

"Aary bhaiya is calling you... Come on..."

"Yes" Anirudh smiled. "Let's go..."

"What is your next plan, Ani?"
Aaryan whispered to Anirudh.

Anirudh first looked at Agasthya to make sure that he won't hear their words. Agasthya was fully engaged in watching tv.

"I didn't plan anything yet, Aaryan... But we have to meet Simran Malhotra as soon as possible. We should know her real motives... We have to stop her..."

Aaryan agreed with a nod.

Anirudh was scrolling his phone by one hand. Suddenly his face became pale. His heart stopped for a second.

Anirudh rushed towards Agasthya and took the tv remote and started to change the channels avoiding Agasthya's protest.

"Aaryan... Tell me the number of any news channel..." Said Anirudh. He was very much nervous that he couldn't remember it.

Aaryan told him that number immediately. The tension appeared in Anirudh's face made him breathless.

The three brothers glared at the news being numb. But after few seconds Aaryan overcame the shock and hold Agasthya's palm tightly.

"Change the channel, Anirudh..."
He yelled while trying for it.

Anirudh stopped Aaryan.

He really expected the same would happen but never this much early...

He again heard the sound of a notification from his mobile.

It was a message. Again... After these much days of silence...

He opened it.

'Hey Mr. Anirudh Thakur.
This will be the last one, the last message... We are in the same city now... So no need of these anymore... We will meet soon...'

Anirudh gulped. There was one more sentence in it. Written in bold red letters...

"THE GAME IS ON..."

Next part... Only after 50 votes...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro