Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A/n. Beg you to leave me some comments guys. Even just emojis😭🤣

Days on end Tempest had searched high and low for the creature that had left her with more questions then she'd ever had before.

What was he?

What was she?

What could he do?

Should she have wings too?

But he wasn't anywhere to be found.

Not lurking in the play park he'd caught her compelling in.

In no corner of London hospital where they'd met.

She even checked to see if he were hovering around the back alleys behind her flat.

But her search was fruitless.

Because little did she know, he'd returned to his homeland with just as many questions filling his head.

He'd been observing the strange girl for a week in the shadows before he'd made his face known to test a theory.

His results left him with even more unanswered questions.

The main one being what is she?

He'd witnessed her magic in others before but never had he seen the two separate powers performed by one individual which left him asking, was she part human at all?

There was no one quite like her in the history of existence.

But she couldn't be what she seemed. He refused to believe it.

It could cause wars if the wrong people discovered her.

So he kept his mouth shut and cooped himself up in his library. Barely leaving to shower or eat. Simply scouring old history text books for any clues about what she may be.

It only took a full week of building frustration and wasted attempts for the winged boy to give in.

Just like Tempest, he found himself hurrying towards the common room of London hospital, same time and same day, praying she'll be there.

And there she was.

Their eyes instantly connected, hers having already been pinned on the door in hopes he'd make an appearance.

And this time she approached him.

"Where the fuck have you been?"

One of the most passionate statements to ever leave her lips.

She didn't often allow herself to get worked up but this seemed like a worthy time.

"I think we should go somewhere private for a little chat." He reads her mind.

"You think?" Her lips are pressed in a tight line.

Never has she found herself wanting to exert so much effort by trying to hit some sense into him.

Who does he think he is? Playing childish disappearing games with her about something she's searched twelve years for.

Someone like her.

His eyes follow her as she excuses herself to speak with the woman she's always standing by.

Maureen.

Confusion stumps him upon watching her slightly softer demeanour and gentle touches.

Then his brain reminds him it must be acting for some unknown ulterior motive.

She's a killer, he reminds himself sternly.

Maybe she's purposely trying to soften him up in return for some answers herself.

After a long, and tense on his part, walk to an empty storage room Tempest leads them to, the boy finds himself staring down at the girl with black and white hair as she sits on a counter.

"Your hair..." he caresses it with the tips of his fingers as new theories swarm his mind.

"Remove your hand or I'll remove it from you." She drones, her flat tone sending a shiver down his spine.

He felt ridiculous for being afraid of her, knowing that he is the one normally feared.

But knowing nothing about the extents of her powers rightfully put him on edge.

He retrieves his hand but remains admiring her unique features up close.

"You're features match your abilities..." he speaks his thoughts aloud.

His brows furrow and his head shakes.

"...are you human at all?" He finally asks.

Something about his warm brown eyes sends a pang to her dead heart.

She finds herself not minding opening up to someone which is her first indicator that there's something supernatural occurring between them.

She's only ever felt a similar feeling once before and it ended horribly.

But his eyes don't glow like hers. He's giving her the choice to answer.

Maybe that's why she does.

"No idea. Never met my biological parents." Her usual dead tone of voice doesn't waver.

Her eyes bore into his to convey the truth and he feels a similar pang in his own heart.

And it comes just as unnaturally to him, but he believes her.

"You ever tried to?" He tilts his head in question.

"Never stopped in twelve years." She answers.

The boy ponders the idea for a moment, putting himself in her shoes and coming to one conclusion.

She's been unable to search the one place that makes the most sense. And he's going to help her.

"You want my help?" He offers.

"No." Tempest is quick to admit.

She tears her eyes from his looking heavenward, glaring at the ceiling for what she's about to say.

"But I need it."

A/n. Remember to vote if you liked it huns🥰

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro