Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A/n. 3/3 of a triple update

Zephyr was on the floor panting heavily.

The crowd shouted and begged of him to get up and knock Valentine out once and for all.

But with his tired lungs that felt as though they were collapsing and his blood caked face, he knew when to admit defeat.

Especially when Valentine had but a scratch on his angelic face and had barely broke a sweat until the third round of merciless beating.

Zephyr noticed the absence of light from his eyes and his aura. He related to the haunted and troubled look on his face and he feared his determination a little.

The only crowd actually cheering and laughing along still were their family.

Yet Zephyr still reluctantly raised a fist and tapped out, sending his faithful crowd into shock and uproar.

Milos didn't know whether he was more elated from pride for his brother or the fact that someone had finally beaten the cocky Zephyr.

Danica wasn't bothered by her loss in betting, only similarly happy to see Zephyr finally be overtaken.

While the crowd was sulking from their loss, the one faithful winner in their black cloak swaggered up to the counter to collect their winnings.

Stacks upon stacks of notes were placed in their arms until the pile was so high it knocked off their hood.

Asia and Aspen's cackles turned into belly aching, uncontrollable snorts of amusement as they watched his smug face saunter up to them, flexing his winnings.

Danica's mouth dropped open and her brows knitted together in furious jealousy.

"You lucky bitch." She shrieked.

"Luck had nothing to do with it. I simply had a vision in my dream last night and saw the future. I knew this was going to happen." Blaise shrugs with a shit eating grin on his face.

"Thank you Vally! I owe you a packet of gummy bears! Only the yellow ones though! They're my least favourite." He calls up the stage at Valentine who is crouched down helping Zephyr sit up.

And once he's upright, his glare scares the life out of his little brother so much that he drops a few rolls of notes in his wake as he sprints far, far away.

"You're both ridiculous if you thought we wouldn't see right through this and know exactly who it's about." Jasper pushed, tapping a foot impatiently awaiting either of their brooding selves to speak up.

Zephyr was less than happily collapsed in a tub of ice that was usually awaiting his opponent.

Valentine was scrubbing himself down in an ice cold shower.

And their intrusive brothers couldn't wait one more second to interrogate them.

Dani and Asia begrudgingly waited outside not wanting to lose their dinners at the sights and impatiently tapped their feet.

"Actually Jasper you did question it...remember?" Aspen earns a death glare from the said boy.

Milos bites down a smirk and refrains from high fiving everyone's favourite younger brother; Aspen.

"Kendi we can understand but you, Zephyr? What is the deal with you and Tempest?" Milos gets back to the point.

They both halt any small movements and completely freeze up at the mention of her name.

The silence streches on uncomfortably long and the three interrogators exchange confused looks.

"Zee?" Aspen being the one they are more likely to open up to tries his luck.

"Your guess is as good as mine. I really don't know why she hates me I just know it pisses me off like nothing before." He grits out, avoiding their eyes by looking heavenward.

Aspen and Jasper shoot their expectant gazes to Milos next, knowing he's the one possessing the ability to decipher whether or not a person is telling the truth.

He observes Zephyr for a moment longer before turning to the two and nodding in confirmation.

He's telling the truth.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro