5 - Voices

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(Blaza PoV)

Okay... this is weird.

I was gonna have to get used to walking with these wings. They were like weights on my back. And then I keep almost tripping on my tail, which is kind of annoying. And dangerous, from the looks of the sharp end on its tip.

As I looked around the small crowd of friends, I noticed the absence of Laff. I searched around from where I stood, yet couldn't find the masked villager. Maybe he's busy?

Eh. I'll find him later.

With everyone around me, I was starting to feel a bit claustrophobic.

"Could I get some space, please?" I said. Everyone nodded, and backed away as I stepped out of the group.

"You good?" Meme asked.

"Yeah," I sighed, "Just getting used to... well, being alive, I guess."

Socks walked forwards. "C'mon. Let's get you home."

"Alright," I said. I felt tired anyways.

As we traveled across the desert terrain not far from the church, I looked and saw the wedding hill, where I had spent my final moments (Well, not really final moments... oh, you know what I mean). The village next to it had been reduced to ashes, with only some broken skeletons of buildings standing.

"What the hell...?" I muttered as we passed. Socks sighed.

"Someone bombed the village. Same night you died, actually.

"How long has it been?"

"'Bout a week."

I stopped in my tracks. "I've been dead for a WEEK?!"

"Does time pass differently in heaven or whatever?" Socks asked.

"I closed my eyes for two seconds, and then suddenly I was here," I replied, "Although I felt the pain of the bullet, so I knew I was dead."

"Huh," Socks stated simply.

We just continued in silence after that.

Soon we reached the small village on the edge of the jungle and desert. A few houses stood, surrounding an obsidian prison we call the Gulag. According to Socks, Dino was locked in there for murdering me.

I recalled that my house was off to the left, so we headed that direction until we arrived. The small wooden house looked just like it did last time I was there.

"Do you need anything before I head back to the others?" Socks asked.

"Nah. I think I'm good," I replied. Socks nodded.

"See you later, then," Socks said.

"You too."

—————————

As I entered my house, I could tell I needed  to clean up a bit.

Some cobwebs had formed between random things I had left on the counter and the counter itself. I also saw some in the corners where the walls met. Dust had gathered on the mantle over my fireplace, as well as on the glass of pictures hung on the wall.

I would have started then, but I was tired.

I'll just clean up tomorrow.

I walked up the stairs into the second floor, which made up my bedroom. I flopped down on my bed, falling asleep as I hit my pillow.

—————————

"You don't belong here."

I turned around, looking for the source of the voice. Darkness surrounded me, other than my glowing form in the middle of it.

"Who said that?" I called out.

"You should have just stayed in your grave, where you belong."

"Who the hell are you?!"

"Now you will perish, along with your friends."

"You leave my friends alone!"

"Come to the church on the midnight of the blood moon. Or you will pay the price."

"What?!"

The voice's echo faded away into the dark void.

And was replaced with an ear splitting screech.

I fell to my knees, covering my ears. That did nothing, for it sounded just as loud. I attempted to block the sound by wrapping my wings around myself, but that didn't work either.

At some point, I, myself, started screeching. Just from the pain.

Because dear God, the sound hurt my ears like hell.

Suddenly, I was enveloped into the black void, and my vision disappeared.

————————

I was still screeching when I woke.

I breathed heavily, my eyes darting around my room. My hands were shaking, and were also really sweaty. I curled my knees to my chest and wrapped my feathered wings around myself in an attempt to calm myself down.

I turned to my left and looked at the clock on my nightstand. 6 AM, it read. Well, at least I slept through the night.

Not bothering to attempt sleep again, I hopped out of bed and started down the stairs to the kitchen. When I got there, I opened the cabinet and simply grabbed a Laff Loaf I had sitting in there. I wolfed down the bread in a few bites.

After that, I just sat down on the couch. I had nothing I was in a rush to do today besides cleaning, so I had some time to just sit down.

But, I mean, does anyone ever have time to relax?

I heard a knock on my door. I slowly sat up and walked to the window on the door. I looked outside, and saw a tired Socks standing there. I immediately ducked down as I felt my face get hot.

I guess death doesn't diminish strong feelings like that.

I took a deep breath and opened the door, smiling as Socks looked up at me.

"Hey, Socks," I said.

"Hey," he said.

"What are you doing up this early?" I asked.

Socks rubbed his eyes. "Couldn't sleep, so I thought I'd check on you."

"Here, come on in," I said, opening the door wider as to allow Socks to enter. I closed the door behind him as he came in.

Socks looked around the room. "Need some help cleaning? Kind of dusty in here."

"I'll do it later," I shrugged.

Socks nodded.

"Come on, sit down. You look tired," I said. Socks followed me to the living room, where he crashed on the couch. I sat next to him, not knowing what else to do.

"So," Socks said, "You sleep good?"

"Fine," I said, not wanting to bring up the dream I had. "You?"

"Mediocre," he replied. I could tell he was lying - he was obviously having trouble keeping his eyes open.

"I can see that you got less than a mediocre amount of sleep," I said, "Is something on your mind?"

Socks sighed. "Well, first of all, I'm still getting over the fact that you are now alive, unlike you were this time yesterday."

I nodded. That made sense.

"And second, there's also a chance that there could still be more of those little revival crystal things," Socks continued, "I mean, if there were more of those things, we could basically prevent any more deaths, plus bring Oof back!"

I put my hand on Sock's shoulder. "Just don't worry about it right now."

Socks just shrugged. "I'll try."

We sat there in awkward silence for a moment. I looked over at Socks and noticed he was just about dozing off, so I scooted close to him so he could lay his head on my shoulder. He didn't seem to care. I listened as his breathing gradually slowed.

Soon enough, I was feeling drowsy myself, and fell into a dreamless sleep.

—————————
(Socks PoV)

I slowly blinked awake who knows how long later.

I yawned as I sat up, rubbing my eyes. I looked and saw Blaza asleep next to me, snoring like a lawnmower. Must have fallen asleep after I did.

I slowly got up, carefully as to not wake the sleeping angel next to me. I walked to the kitchen and looked around at the dusty furnishings.

Maybe I could help Blaza out with cleaning while he's asleep, I thought.

But as I grabbed a towel to start wiping the dust down, I heard a knock on the door. I walked to the door and opened it to see Meme standing there.

"Socks? What are you doing here?" Meme questioned.

"I woke up early and couldn't fall back asleep, so came to check on Blaza. Ended up falling asleep here," I shrugged, "What are you doing here?"

"I was gonna ask Blaza something, but I guess I could ask you," Meme said.

"Sure, what's up?" I asked.

"Last night, did you hear anything outside?"

I shook my head. "No... what did you hear?"

"I don't know," Meme sighed, "It sounded like metal grinding together or something. Right outside, too."

"Interesting," I said. "What does Blaza have to do with this again?"

"I woke up because of the sound, and looked out my window," Meme continued, "And when I looked, I noticed there was light in Blaza's window. I would've thought Blaza was up late or something, but the light was... red. And I do not recall the lights in his house being red."

"Huh," I said.

"What do you think it was?" Meme asked.

"I have no clue, but I bet Laff would know," I replied, "He knows a bit about paranormal activity."

"Jesus, that guy does everything," Meme muttered to himself. "I'll go ask him about it, then. You coming?"

"Nah, I'm gonna help Blaza out with cleaning his house," I said, "But tell Laff I said hi for me."

"Will do," Meme nodded, "Thanks, Socks."

"No problem."

————

ono something happening

1545 words

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro