44: Midnight Hog Hunt (part 2)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

WHY ARE THE HOG HUNT CHAPTERS SO LONG?! Also yes I copy pasted the start of the last chapter just to make this chapter longer

Kasugano stood on the rooftop of Zetsubou's base, armed and ready. Their hoods were over their heads, shadowing their eyes. "I want to avoid as many murders as possible." Zeus spoke, turning to the three behind him.

"But-"

"I know what you're going to say, Bishamon. 'But they're the bad guys'. I know. But they have families too. As soon as we bring the place down, I'm sure they'll go back to their families, free from working with Zetsubou." he cut off Bishamon. The girl sighed.

"Sometimes, you're too merciful for your own good, Zeus. And that's gonna get you killed." she told him. He simply nodded, already aware of that fact. But he couldn't think of seeing kids grow up without a parent or families losing their young children that are full of life. It pained him.

"Alright, remember the plan. Loki and Zeus sneak in through the unlocked side door while Athena and Bishamon go in by the roof. You can use the devices Zeus made to open the door." Hecate reminded them through the earpiece.

"Yeah yeah, I know, I know, don't need to remind me." Loki sweatdropped.

"I was mainly telling the readers the plan, but take it however you want." Hecate shrugged. The four stood silent for a solid second before Athena held in her laugh. 'Well goodbye fourth wall...' Zeus thought.

"Hey, the windows are open, I just noticed." Bishamon pointed out, getting an idea. The rest looked at her for a few seconds.

"...Don't go in by the windows, they're not really open. It's a mere mind trick." Zeus deadpanned "Follow the plan." he reminded them in a 'do what I say' tone before he jumped down.

"Don't miss the jump!" Bishamon said as soon as Zeus and Loki jumped down the roof. The two girls heard Loki grunt in pain.

"Pfft- He failed the hook." Athena snorted, shaking her head in amusement. Bishamon couldn't help but smile in amusement, holding her laugh as she facepalmed. Her boyfriend was a dork. But a cute dork. And she loved him a lot.

"Alright, let's open this fucking door." she said before glueing a circular device to the locked door. It started glowing, the light circling for a bit before the knob exploded.

"Still as flashy as ever. Zeus really knows how to craft things so... 'flamboyant'." Athena sweatdropped as Bishamon kicked the door open. The taller stared at the shorter for a few seconds.

"Did you just quote an anime character?" she asked.

"Shut up, let's go inside."

"No hold on- HAHAHAH- Hold on- Why did-"

"I said shut up, we have to go inside." Athena argued, her cheeks pink. Bishamon giggled.

"You just fucking quoted Uzui from-"

"I said shut the fuck up Bishamon!" Athena cut her off once again, entering the building. Bishamon tried her best to hold in her laugh, shaking her head in amusement. It was funny seeing Athena flustered, her reactions were so hilarious. Wiping a small tear from her eye due to all the laughing, the taller ventured inside, following the shorter.

"Huh, this floor is quite... desolated..." Bishamon mumbled, looking around. The place was dark as fuck, but it was logical, considering it was literally night.

"Weird. Shouldn't there be guards here? This is one of the hidden facilities of Zetsubou, after all." Athena mused. But just because there weren't any guards there meant they could just drop their guard.

"This is so weird. It's like the guards disappeared-" Bishamon cut off Athena when she dragged her behind the wall of a corner.

"We spoke too soon." the taller cursed, analyzing the situation. 1, 2, 4... 10 guards in total.

"Those are a lot of guards..." Athena gulped "Do you have any plans? Or are we both with our mind in blank mode?" she asked Bishamon. The other shook her head. 

"We're so dead..." she sighed.

"Bishamon, Athena. How's your side at the moment?" Loki's voice was heard through the earpiece, taking the two girls by surprise. 'They must have gotten their side cleared.' Bishamon thought. She could hear them pant a bit, so they must have used a lot of force. Or they've probably been running for a while.

"Uh, not looking too gold. There are more guards than what I expected." Athena answered in a panicked voice, peeking her head for a second. Even if the guards were distracted, talking to themselves about something, they were still at risk of being caught.

"Yeah dude, like, Skull is literally hiding some shit from us and only showing that pink haired chick." one said, annoyed. Bishamon froze. 'Pink haired chick? Do they mean Enoshima?' she thought, sweating.

"Stay in position and use the crossbow armed with fireworks to create a distraction." Zeus ordered, breaking Bishamon out of her thoughts. It was a risky plan, she had to admit.

"Won't that kill them? I mean the explosion of the fireworks." Bishamon questioned, shocked at the order. Zeus literally said earlier to not kill anyone, did he maybe change his mind.

"Not quite. Don't aim at the guards, aim at the ground or the wall." Hecate butt in, soft typing noises in the background "If you also do that, you can create a distraction before taking them down as well." she adviced. Lord thank their friend in a wheelchair, for always being so wise. Maybe she influenced Zeus too.

"If this doesn't work, I'm suing you." Athena deadpanned, taking a deep breath before pulling out the small crossbow aimed with fireworks. It was something Zeus built while they became much more popular two years ago, after saving Sasaki Kouhei from his death. The truth is, they've been around longer than what the public thinks, but Kinjo Juu played in their favour, due to the fact that only the chairman of the police knows when they started. Thankfully the world only suspects them appearing ever since the Shiroshika terrorist attack.

Athena aimed at the ground near the guards, shooting a firework. The particles started creating a smoke wall. "Agh! What the fuck?!" one shouted.

"Well, guess you're not suing me then." Zeus joked. Athena couldn't help but laugh while she and Bishamon started knocking out the guards, the shorter with the non lethal gun and the taller with her god damn fists.

"I'm gonna sue him anyways." Athena shrugged as she quickly searched through the unconcious bodies, trying to see if there'd be somethin useful.

"Hecate, do you have a map of the building?" Loki asked.

"Indeed I do. The entrance to the lab is upstairs, second floor. Where Bishamon and Athena are." Hecate spoke, soft typing noises being heard once again "Be careful, Skull is in the floor below the basement." she warned. The two girls nodded.

"Meet up at the closet that's far down to the left." Hecate advised, readjusting her position in her chair.

"Why that one?" Bishamon asked. That was quite the specific location.

"It's empty and no one ever checks up on it. There's a shit ton of dust in it, just warning you." Zeus explained before they heard him click his tongue.

"They probably ran into more guards." Bishamon suggested as Athena found a keycard in one of the bodies.

"I knew it. We're gonna need keycards for the lab." she sighed.

"That's not a problem. Let's just hoard all of them." Bishamon suggested, having grabbed like six keycards. Athena sweatdropped.

"I mean, that's not completely a bad idea." she admitted "Now come on, let's go to the closet Hecate told us." she told her.

"And then we found the closet and sat here." Athena finished with a smile. Zeus and Loki had a blank face.

"Why didn't why check the bodies?!" Loki whisper-yelled, so done with life at that point. Bishamon patted her boyfriend on the back, while Athena laughed.

"Dude, we were getting chased by more guards, what do you want us to do?!" Zeus argued, angry.

"If you hooligans are done arguing, the elevator to enter the basements is on this floor, a few corners near to the closet." Hecate interrupted "So if you can get going there, that'd be great."

"Right, right. Sorry." Athena sweatdropped before her, Loki and Bishamon exited the closet. Zeus stayed behind. He glared at the camera in the room before shooting it with his gun.

"Thankfully, Skull hasn't heard anything. The cameras don't have sound." he sighed before looking in one of the shelves, grabbing a few papers before storing them in his pockets. 'Alright. Here we go, Skull. Just you wait.' he thought, a smirk in his face.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro