46: Midnight Hog Hunt (part 4)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I pray to Utsuro that this is the last part. If not, I will shoot myself.

Hecate frowned as the cameras showed her Skull and Shiro sitting calm in a room as Zeus, Athena, Loki and Bishamon all were sneaking around the lab. It's like they didn't give a shit. Well, Skull, she can understand. He's apathetic, and he usually didn't give a shit, like Zeus told her. But Shiro? They were really caring of the group, probably the one who cared about the whole group the most. So she didn't understand as to why they were just waiting there. They did look hesitant and nervous, so maybe they were following Skull's orders? She didn't know.

She kept looking through the cameras in her computer, while making sure that her friends were going the correct route before one of the cameras took her interest. It was a room that had really big test tubes. However, what caught her attention was the young boy inside the room, hugging himself with a terrified look on his face. He seemed to be panicking while a scientist seemed to be yelling at him to shut up. "...A hostage..." she mumbled frowning.

"Heh? What did you say Hecate?" Loki asked.

"There's a hostage in one of the test rooms. A teenager, around the same age as Bishamon, Loki and I." she informed. She heard Athena sputter in shock.

"WHat?! We have to help them then!" she exclaimed, both worried and pissed while her voice cracked slightly. Hecate was like that. She hated what the scientist was doing. It looked like abuse, and the boy did seem to have bruises in his body. Hecate's eye twitched at that.

"Room 494. Go there. Now." she demanded them in a harsh tone. She simply heard a 'yes' from Bishamon before she turned off the communicator, groaning as she laid back on the chair. Sometimes, her job of being the support was stressful. She just wanted to fight with the rest as well, back when she was younger. When she could still walk.

"Hecate? We found the boy." Bishamon told her, breaking her out of her thoughts. She blinked, leaning forward and turned on the communicator.

"State?"

"Unconcious and beat up. His stomach and back are mostly hurt as well, and his arms and legs are completely bandaged." Zeus informed. From the cameras, the girl could see the short boy easily picking up the unconcious boy. She could feel her fists clench, getting irritated. 'How dare they?' she thought as she turned off the communicator, her face darkening.

"What are we going to do with him?" Loki asked as Zeus easily picked up the boy.

"The only thing I can think of is bringing him back to the base." Athena sighed, Zeus nodding in agreement.

"Hey, guys? Is this the weird substance we're looking for?" Bishamon called, coming back with a strange container. In it was a fluorescent blue liquid. Zeus' eyes widened.

"Yes! That's the liquid!" he exclaimed, quickly snatching it from her hands and putting it in the small bag he had brought.

"You didn't have to snatch it, y'know." Bishamon deadpanned.

"Let's just leave now. We can avoid any unnecessary deaths." Zeus ordered before walking out of the room.

"Hopefully we don't run into any more guards." Loki mumbled, crossing his fingers. He just wanted to get the hostage out of this place safe and sound.

"There's the fire exit. Come on, let's go!" Athena exclaimed, pointing to an exit to the left. They all nodded, going through the door. There was quite a bunch of stairs they had to go up, but it was worth it if they could secure the substance and the hostage.

"Oh my god, fresh air!" Bishamon let out as soon as she stepped outside. The four sighed in relief, looking back at the building. Athena laughed at the taller girl's words.

"Why is that the first thing you say?!" she asked, laughing.

"I don't know, but I did not enjoy being in that smelly, dark lab." Bishamon huffed, crossing her arms.

"Yeah, that lab smelled horrible." Loki admitted, scrunching his nose.

"That's literally just how labs smell, get over it." Athena deadpanned. Zeus sighed.

"Alright, alright, stop fighting." he interrupted "We have to get the hostage back to base." he told them. They all nodded.

I'm not really happy with the ending, but I wanted to finish this chapter quick, so- yeah.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro