68: What to choose?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

DID SOMEBODY ORDER A CLOBBERING-

I'm running out of captions so I'll just put funny quotes now.

Mukuro fidgeted with her fingers as she sat on the bed of her room, her gaze lost in her own thoughts. Why was Teruya helping her? Shouldn't he have gotten her arrested as well? She was planning the end of the world with Junko, after all. "Ikusaba." speaking of the devil, here he was. The green haired merchant had entered the room, hands in his pockets and a serious face on. Mukuro simply stared at him.

"It seems like the therapy is going well, huh?" he started, his expression softening slightly.

"...Yes, it is." she agreed, glaring at the merchant. She didn't understand the reason of his visit, and he caught onto that pretty quickly.

"...Alright, listen. I understand that you're pretty confused." he sighed "I guess I'll explain: I knew everything you and Enoshima were planning." he told her. Her eyes widened.

"...H-Huh..? H-How?" she asked. Teruya's eyes narrowed.

"That's not relevant right now." he deadpanned.

"Yes it is! How would you know?! Junko and I kept it a secret and planned meticulously for a long time!" Mukuro countered.

"I said that is not relevant right now!" he raised his voice, his eyes looking so dull it reminded her of the people she killed during war. So lifeless. It actually scared the soldier a bit. The merchant sighed, calming down. He sat down on the bed, next to her.

"I'm here to make an offer." he started "I know that Junko has been trying to manipulate you. To get you to continue the plan to bring the world to shit." Mukuro's eyes widened even more at that. There was no way he could've known. The secret phonecalls between her and Junko were that, secret.

"Listen, I know that she's the person you grew up with and was there for you, but she's not a good person Ikusaba. She is constantly abusing you verbally and physically, she constantly insults you, she keeps trying to hurt you... She doesn't care." he told her, his hands on her shoulders "She only cares about despair. Not even herself. Despair is the only thing she cares." he reminded her. She knew that. She knew that very well. But she had the tiniest amount of hope that, if she helped Junko with this, maybe she'd care for her. But she knew deep down that would never happen.

"What is your offer?" she asked. Teruya smiled.

"You tell me what Enoshima knows about Zetsubou, and live a normal life, and I make sure your sister never tries to harm or manipulate you ever again." he informed her, putting on the table something. Mukuro's eyes widened, glued to the object in question.

"This is..! B-But how did-"

"I have my ways. But, are you going to take the offer?" he asked. Mukuro's gaze hardened.

"I don't trust you." she spat "Why should I? You're on the side of hope, you're my enemy." she questioned.

"Listen here. If I really wanted to get rid of you and Enoshima, I would have killed you both. But death is too good for Enoshima and you don't deserve it." Teruya told her, an angry expression on his face "If I killed her, that'd cause her despair. And that's what she wants. But you. You don't deserve death. Sure, you may have killed people, but that's what soldiers do. They protect people, whether they care for them or not. A lot of people here thought of you as their friend. And I'm sure some will be willing to forgive you if you're willing to change." he informed, getting up. The soldier watched as he took the object, putting it back in his pocket.

"Consider the offer, alright?" he said, tilting his head to the side to look at her, a small smile on his face. He then left the room. Mukuro couldn't help but just stare at the door. '...What to choose?' she thought, turning her head to look at her lap.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro