22. Sunday Afternoon

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Maria Angela said "Do you really think I will ever name names after what you did to Declan?"

Lochlan frowned "Beautiful. What I did to him was justified. He got in my way and I simply removed him. I haven't done any thing wrong."

Maria Angela looked past Lochlan at the doctors office that was next to the cafe. She saw as Declan came out limping with a bandage around his arm. He was accompanied with a nurse. He was being led away most likely to get more x-rays at the small medical centre at the base. Lochlan noticed she was looking away and turned around. Maria Angela side stepped Lochlan and said "Let me go ask him how he is."

She then found his strong arms around her stomach as he pulled her to his rock hard chest. "Beautiful. Stay where you are." His breath brushed against her neck. "You belong here in my arms."

Maria Angela felt strange. She closed her eyes "Let go."

Lochlan said "I just want to hold you. You are about to go to the guy you invited to your house . I am not happy with you beautiful. Stay here. I need to hold you to calm me down."

Maria Angela opened her eyes "What will happen if you don't calm down?"

Lochlan said "Do you really want me to answer your question beautiful?"

Maria Angela said "Yes."

Lochlan said "You won't like what I do next."

Maria Angela asked "What will you do next?"

Lochlan said "Your friend may be in a lot of pain. I am trying to hold back because you said I shouldn't do anything in public. I will catch him in military training and will make him pay slowly and painfully."
It was now lunch time. Arcangelo and Lavinia were sitting opposite each other eating.

Lavinia said "I can't believe you beat everyone again with your record today. I wonder if Lochlan will break your records in go karting. Maria Angela said she might go there in the afternoon."

Arcangelo said "No matter what happens I still beat you."

Lavinia said "Yes you did. You want a medal for it."

Arcangelo said "Just your surrender is enough." He then grabbed her milkshake and took a sip.

Lavinia said "Caveman. Get your own milkshake."

Arcangelo said "Yours tastes nicer."

Lavinia sighed and carried on eating. She then said "I must say something to you. Seriously you handled being in your mother's presence very well. I am proud of you caveman. You got past your conflicts and you were quite kind to your mother while we were at your house."

Arcangelo said "You took me there. I am not fond of what you did. You shouldn't have forced me to go."

Lavinia said "Come on. Your mother missed you."

Just then Lochlan and Maria Angela entered the lunch room. Maria Angela gave Lavinia a wave.

Lavinia returned her wave. "It seems like we have company for lunch. Be nice caveman."

Arcangelo was looking at Lochlan "He is holding my sister's hand. He has been doing it a lot."

Lavinia said "They are just holding hands. It's not a big deal. Don't worry about your sister. You know she doesn't like it when anyone interferes in their relationship. She can handle Lochlan."

After Maria Angela and Lochlan got their food and drink they made their way to Lavinia and Arcangelo.

Lavinia said "Hi. How did go karting go?"

Maria Angela sat down next to Lavinia and as Lochlan sat next to Arcangelo.

Maria Angela said "Lochlan did well. I didn't."

Lavinia said "Did he break Arcangelo's record. Did they tell you?"

Maria Angela said "It was a draw I think. That's what they said."

Lavinia said "Maybe next time."

Arcangelo said "Do you want my record to be broken?"

Lavinia said "Every record is set to be broken."

Lochlan said "It was a tie. Back in my camp when there is a draw, an arm wrestle follows. How about we arm wrestle Arcangelo? Let's see who wins."

Arcangelo said "We do that here too."

Maria Angela said "No. You can't. I don't want my brother and my boyfriend to arm wrestle."

Lochlan stared at Maria Angela "Fine beautiful. We won't arm wrestle if you don't like to see it. But ... wait a minute... You called me ... Your boyfriend... Beautiful. It's nice you acknowledge that you belong to me."

Arcangelo said "She doesn't belong to you."

Lochlan turned to arcangelo "She is my girl." He turned to Maria Angela "When will you introduce me to your parents as your official boyfriend."

Maria Angela looked at his brother who was staring daggers at Lochlan. She then said "When I am ready. I am not sure yet."

Lochlan said "Take your time beautiful. I get to see you at this base so I am not complaining and I am not restless like before."

Lavinia said "I thought you are always restless."

Lochlan turned to her and spoke with narrowed eyes "Meaning?"

Lavinia said "Meaning? Well. Meaning to my words are anything you interpret it to be."

Lochlan didn't reply but cursed at Lavinia in his mind. He just couldn't stand her. He found her insulting. He carried on eating his food.

Maria Angela noticed the tension. Lochlan had a short fuse. She cleared her throat "So what are you guys up to after lunch?"

Lavinia said "I am going to go for a dance workshop. I am trying to convince caveman to come with me. It has to be with a partner."

Maria Angela asked "There is a dance workshop on campus?"

Lavinia nodded "Yes. Because we are doing so well academically they keep rewarding us with entertainment. I bet Lochlan won't go. He just doesn't dance. I can't imagine the restless lion to dance and be disciplined."

Lochlan finished eating and then stood up "I think I am going to go for a run." He then left.

Maria Angela watched Lochlan leave. He seemed to be quite worked up about Lavinia and her words. He got annoyed with Lavinia always.

Maria Angela said "I wish you didn't bring dancing up. He hates dancing. That's the only field he doesn't touch. He finds it too feminine."

Lavinia said "Dancing is a very good exercise and it can be manly too."

Maria Angela said "Not to Lochlan it's not. I am curious. I will come to watch."

Arcangelo and Lavinia were dancing together. They were in the advanced group trying the Argentine tango. It was quite intense.

Lavinia was left breathless with the intensity in the dance as she was staring at Arcangelo.

At some point she had to say "Caveman slow down."

Arcangelo gave her a smirk "What's the matter? Is too much for you to handle?"

Lavinia said "No. Just slow down." She could tell it was within Arcangelo's nature to dominate her in everything. Even in dancing. He wasn't into dancing but if it meant doing an activity where the man had to lead the female he was all for it."

Lavinia said "You are too much to handle caveman. Not the dance. You are too competitive. Let me enjoy the dance and slow down."

Arcangelo smiled and slowed down. Their lips brushed against each other as they were slowly dancing and they both froze staring at each other. It was too public to kiss the way Arcangelo wanted to kiss her in that moment and Lavinia knew that very well. Besides Arcangelo's sister was watching so they needed to get a room. By just looking into his eyes she knew he wanted to kiss her badly.

Lavinia said "Lets take a break in the back room."

Arcangelo said "Lets do that."

When they reached the back room that was full of shoes and costums, Arcangelo locked the door and stared at Lavinia. It was going to be a long kissing session with no interruptions. "Now where were we?"He said.

Maria Angela was watching the people dance. She was staring at the synchronised movements of everyone in the room. She was the only spectator. She was too busy watching the dances that she didnt notice Lochlan's presence sitting next to her.

"Beautiful." He said.

She was startled and put her hand on her heart as she turned to look to her left "You scared me.... What are you doing here Lochlan? You hate dancing."

He said "I came for you beautiful."

Maria Angela said "Why?"

Lochlan said "I knew I will find you here because Lavinia said she will be here."

Maria Angela said "I cant believe you came here to dance."

Lochlan said "I am not here to dance. I came to be with you beautiful."

Maria Angela said "We can dance."

Lochlan said "I dont dance beautiful. Thats impossible." He then reached his hand to hers and held her hand. I dont mind watching with you." He then smirked "Its like a date."

Maria Angela said "Fine. Then watch. So you dont mind me dancing with another partner?"

Lochlan said "Of course you can do that .... as long as your partner is a girl."

Maria Angela laughed "You are hilarious.... We can watch" She had no intention of dancing with another boy. She had endangered Declan and didnt want to add to the list. She couldnt stop Lochlan from taking revenge. She was going to compromise. Lochlan was not perfect. But She couldnt deny how much Lochlan cared for her. Compromise had to be done temporarily. She wasn't sure what Lochlan was capable of if he didnt love anyone in his life. For her at least he had come to the dance studio.

As they were watching, Lochlan didnt let go of her hand. In fact he brought her hand to his lips and gave her a kiss.

Maria Angela turned to him.

Lochlan said "When do you plan on giving me a kiss that your promised when we were playing truth or dare?"

Maria Angela said "I need time. When I am ready to introduce you to my parents as my boyfriend might be when I am ready to kiss you."

Lochlan looked into her eyes "I will be waiting beautiful."

Maria Angela turned to watch the dance and said "Lochlan... Are you mad at Lavinia? Did she say something thats bothering you? Its clash of personalities between you two. Try not to let it get to you."

Lochlan said "She does clash with me. I do mind her but I do endure her for you. "

Maria Angela asked "Whats bothering you about her?"

Lochlan said "Her existence."

Maria Angela said "She is a good friend of mine. I am glad you control your temper around her. You went for a run. I could sense the tension. I appreciate that you didnt have a fight with her and went for a run instead"

Minutes went past in silence. Then Lochlan said "She did say one thing that was right.... I am restless. All I think about is you beautiful. Always. Every waking moment. Your love makes me restless beautiful. I wont rest until I make you fall for me. I wont rest until you invite me to your home as your boyfriend. I wont rest until you let me kiss you."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro