9. Taunting

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Lavinia was sitting on a high chair leaning back onto the wall as she was watching him take his turn. She watched him as he effortlessly scored once again. She was distancing herself from him so it was easier to focus. Still he was making her feel heat on the inside but he didn't distract her as much when he was shirtless but not standing close.

Lavinia said "You are very sporty. When do you get time to learn so many sports..."

Arcangelo straightened up "Pool is not a sport for me... It's a hobby... But beating you at pool is a good sport..."

Lavinia said "How very funny? Wow."

He chuckled " There are a few sports I haven't tried... But I am at reasonable level in pretty much anything I try because I put my mind into it and my efforts. Nothing is hard when you try..."

Lavinia said "You sound philosophical. Edison tried hundreds or thousands of times when he tested his circuit. Can't remember how many times but he said I haven't failed this many times. I have only found this many ways that simply don't work... So is that your definition of trying? When you try something and it doesn't work you just say I didn't fail. I just found a way that simply doesn't work. I try again."

Arcangelo said "Maybe. I wouldn't put it that way." He leaned to the table and started playing with his billiard stick "I just try and keep trying until I stop failing."

The two stared at each other for a few seconds and then Arcangelo went back to playing.

He noticed she was deep in thought. He turned to her "What are you thinking about?"

She said "Football."

He stood up straight "Football. What about it?"

She said "I guess you are right. You do try ... In football I bet you keep trying. I don't think you are better than your brother and you know it. So you want to be better in football. But you can't be..."

He gave her a hard look. She was trying to push him and he wasn't having any of it. He looked at her with a dark look. He spoke slowly in a low tone "Hold on. One second. What did you just say?"

She smiled "What's wrong caveman? Your brother is a touchy subject? Or your brother being better than you at something stings."

Arcangelo started slowly to walk towards her. He was pointing the billiard stick like a sword at her "Take that back."

Lavinia stood up holding the billiard stick defensively in front of her. She said "I guess it will be the game of the century if you play on Leandro's team. Your baby brother scoring and you getting beaten at one thing for a change. I guess it's important that you tried."

He looked like he was about to stab her with the sword or rather billiard stick. He said calmly but with a serious tone "Don't tell me you are rooting for his team."

She said "No I am not. But the truth is Michangelo is better than you in football."

He took a threatening step closer to her "Take that Back."

She hit his billiard stick with hers with more force than necessary imagining a battle was coming.

He hit her billiard stick out of her hand and grabbed it. He then dropped both sticks to the floor.

She slowly moved to the side. Boy was he mad. Her back hit the wall. As he blocked her path he said "You think you can say something like that and get away with it?"

She said "What did I say caveman?." Her chest was rising and falling. He was standing very close now to her shirtless form but he was angry. It gave her a different feeling. She was attracted to him but she could feel his anger. She said "Truth hurts."

He said "Just because he got scholarships doesn't mean he is better. I wasn't so interested. For your information ... You will see on the field who helps their team win. You just wait..."

She said "Ok. I wait." She then gave him a sweet smile.

He said slowly "Lavinia. Were you just taunting me?"

She said "Taunting?"

He said "You were. You are trying to bring up my younger brother knowing him and I don't see eye to eye."

She said "He plays better than you."

He narrowed his eyes "Then I guess I will have to prove it to you... You will see who wins..." He then without reaching down grabbed the billiard stick as he used his foot to lift it. He then walked to the billiard table but not before glancing back at her a few times making her want to run based on instinct.

She picked up her billiard stick from the floor and watched him play.

He was working fast at it now. She watched as he played so quickly. The quickest she had ever seen him. She walked to the table slowly and saw him win. But he wasn't satisfied. He shot all her balls too one by one. She walked to him "You don't need to shoot all the balls."

He said "I don't want you to think I can't just because I don't do it."

She sighed "I get the message. Alright. I see. You say just because you didn't want to be in the limelight in football doesn't mean you are not as good. I get it. Just because you are cutting me a break and going easier on me than before in billiard so I can play for longer doesn't mean you can't play much better. Alright caveman. No need to show off." She put her billiard stick away.

As he turned to her, he said "You need to stop making assumptions... You have no idea..."

She put her hands on her hips and said "Caveman. Cool down. I was just messing with you. I want Leandro's team to beat my cousins team pretty badly. I just thought I rile you up so you train harder. You don't do football much these days in your time off. I don't think your brother is better than you. I think it's pretty even..."

He narrowed his eyes "You were just messing with me. Very bad idea. I guessed you were pushing it to annoy me... Tell me what do you mean it's pretty even. It's not."

She said "It is..."

He said "I am going to change your mind. You shouldn't root for anyone but your man Lavinia..."

She said "I will root for you even if you are a loser on the field. It's just football. But it would be nice to win..." She then laughed as she saw his expression.

He said with a disapproving look in his eyes  "Did you just call me a loser?"

She was really pushing him. "Caveman. Cheer up. I was the one who lost today. I don't care if you lose to your brother in football. I bet he can do more dribbles than you..."

He closed his eyes and then opened them.

She said "I am joking. Come on. I get a kick out of it caveman. I like entering the danger zone."

He said "You need to stop pushing me.."

She retorted "You need to stop talking ... and kiss me." She bit her lip. She then leaned closer and kissed his lips gently. She wrapped her arms around his neck.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her up. He then quickly lifted her as he was kissing her and laid her down on a billiard table. He then climbed on top of her and kissed her as he put his weights on his hands on either side of her. She kissed him back as he was the one leading the kiss. He moved his lips against her lips fast and kissed her faster and faster. She was finding it hard to keep up. He pulled away and looked into her eyes as she was breathing hard.

He said "You taunt me. You lost a bet too. I don't see the future so bright for you." He then grabbed her hands and pinned them down as he stared at her. She had dented his ego and now he wanted to show her his dominance. He was looking at her with an unreadable expression.

She could feel the heat burning her on the inside now. He kissed her lips deeply and then pulled away "So tell me again, who is a loser."

She sighed "Not you."

He said "Exactly. Not me..." He then kissed her again as he pushed on her hands not letting her get up. She was trying to get on top. But it didn't work.

He pulled away slightly and looked into her eyes giving her time to catch her breath. He then said "What was that again about my brother and I? You want to run that by me again?"

She shrugged "He is not better than you. But ... You are pretty even."

He said "Wrong answer. Do you think it's wise to tell your man he is a loser?"

She rolled her eyes as she was pinned down beneath him "I didn't say you are a loser. It doesn't matter even if you are  ever a loser in any game especially in football. It hurts to lose to Nicandro's team but I can get over it. Don't be a loser in life and cheer up. I was joking caveman."

He looked into her eyes and said with meaning behind his words "Remember you have lost a bet tonight Lavinia. I will make you pay for all the taunts you have made. Taunting me has consequences." He then kissed her lips and spread her hands far apart as he was still pinning them down.

Lavinia was sure she was going to regret her words but she liked winding him up. It was well worth it.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro