Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The bell suddenly rings, and everyone rushes out of the classrooms. It is complete and utter chaos, people are throwing their papers everywhere in the air, smiling and saying cheerful goodbyes to their friends for the summer holidays. We'll all see each other this evening, anyway.

The girls and I literally have to push through all the loud and shouting jocks. These people are obviously too preoccupied to get out of the way. Well, we try and move past all the chaos and make our way to the parking lot. When we get there, I can see Lukas and Damion and the rest of the cheerleaders leaning on the hoods of a few cars. I make my way to Damion's car, which is a Porsche 911, by the way.

I smile, when thinking about what's going to happen tonight. With a group this big - it's gonna be a little crazy.

"Let's get this party started!" Michelle shouts. Everyone joins in with spirit.

"Hey, can you drop me off at home? I have some things in need of... sorting out." I say to Damion.

The truth is the people at our school have a weird tradition called 'The P', it sounds really crazy and believe me it is. Every year, at the beginning of summer all the juniors and the seniors create an prank for all the teachers for the start of next year. It's essentially a leavers prank, and the juniors are involved so they can continue the tradition. Sometimes, sophomore are invited if they are lucky enough to participate with the older pupils. If you're younger and you get invited you're a VIP of the younger school population.

I never take part in it, and the pranks can be really mean. The teachers also have a life and they also have kids, so I think it just stupid and pointless. I got invited last year and I found a way to get out of it, but if you ever tell anyone that I purposely found and excuse, I genuinely might have to find you and kill you. It's basically social suicide to get out of this kind of thing..

Anyway, Damion dropped me off and I unlocked the door. I went straight upstairs and flopped on my bed. The party was in like 7 hours, and I haven't even thought about what I was wearing or doing makeup-wise. I walk into my closet and flick through my dresses, but there isn't even one damn dress I haven't worn already. Fucking hell, how am I meant to show up with an old dress?

After rifling through my sister's and my closet again, I found a dress. It's a small black deep neck skater dress, it's really cute and flattering on my figure. Suddenly, my stomach growls and I realise that not eating breakfast or lunch has its consequences.

The idea of our nearby coffee show feels increasingly better, and before I realize it, I'm hopping on my bike and making my way down our street.

When I arrive, I get off my bicycle (which I honestly love so much). It is a classic women's bicycle with a cute white basket in the front and teal colour all over. It's very classic and classy and I just love it. I honestly cannot imagine what I would do without this baby, I use it loads when my brother doesn't want to take me places. I lock to the stand and make my way to my hipster coffee house, it's called The Roasted Bean and can I just say it's one of the best places to be to just calm down and relax for a bit. I have a few hours left to get ready but I decided to come here instead.

Secretly, I am kinda a book worm. I really enjoy reading (please don't tell anyone, again, social suicide), I have to keep up an image and I really can't risk it getting destroyed. Anyway, back to The Roasted Bean, they have the craziest things on the menu, and not just coffees and tea. They also offer juices, blends and milkshakes, as well as these killer halloumi wraps.

"Hey, how may I help you?" A guy asks me behind the counter, I swear to god that his voice sounds familiar. I shake my head and get out of my daze looking at the menu and order a halloumi wrap and a celery, carrot, apple and ginger juice. I pay and make my way to comfy couch by the corner.

It's kind of my regular when I come here. Nutrient-packed, without it being too unhealthy. Being healthy is like one of the most important parts of being a cheerleader, if you aren't skinny you get kicked off the team. Being popular is not easy, we have so much pressure to be perfect, sometimes I don't even think it is worth it.

I open my book and flip to page 158. I am literally just about to find out how the guy got murdered, the cliffhanger has been internally destroying me all day. The book that I'm so infatuated with right now is called 'Murder at the Mill' by M.B. Shaw. If you haven't read it, go read it right now! It's the perfect story to read for an hour or two, if you need an escape from reality.

"Here's your order," the server says he places the halloumi wrap on the table with my juice, "Enjoy!".

I thank him, and I suddenly remember from where I know his voice - he's one of the regulars that go/work here. I've seen him as both a server and a customer.

I read, slurping on my drink and slowly but steadily devouring that halloumi wrap until my phone goes off saying that the girls will be over at my house in ten minutes. They don't know about The Roasted Bean, it's my little secret and I really want to keep it that way. It's hidden from the public eye and only 5 minutes away from my house, as well as that, no one from our school comes here so it's a perfect place to escape and study.

I quickly finish the rest on the drink and place it down, I leave a tip under the glass and head out. I'm excited to get ready.

I get home just in time, all the girls arrive just after I do in the one car. They leave the car bringing their extensive makeup bags, hair products and dresses. After the ridiculous amounts of beauty products are inside, we all sit down in my room and start getting ready. Just after two hours, we are all strapping on our heels, ready to get going. 

-- 

Heyoo! Chapter 3 is up! I don't know what else to write lol :)

- TNG <3

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro