[80] BUCKY BARNES

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

this is a lengthy one! this one shot has been stuck in my head for sO LONG, enjoy :)

bucky smiled as he laid his head on your stomach, laying between your legs. it was nearing christmas time in the tower and the room was decorated top to bottom in various christmas-related items. tony always loved christmas, and there was no doubt he would go all out.

you smiled down at him, sitting on the floor, in front of the large fireplace with your back leaning on the sofa behind you.

wiggling your toes, you enjoyed the warmth the fire gave to the bottom of yours and bucky's feet, which had thick christmas socks over them.

❝doll?❞ bucky murmured, watching you gently play with his hands on his chest. you hummed in response, waiting. ❝can you sing to me?❞

with a soft laugh, he looked up at you. you nodded, smiling again. you hummed quietly before starting;

wake up and smell the coffee,❞ you sang in a low tone, watching bucky look back at the crackling fire in front of you. your fingers gently raked through his long hair. ❝is your cup half full or empty? when we talk, you say it softly. but i love it when you're awfully quiet.

you hummed again, this time near his ear. this caused bucky to shiver on you. you smiled. ❝quiet.❞

there was a slight pause in your singing, and you lifted bucky's prosthetic hand, tracing the lines between each of the small plates that allowed his fingers to bend. when you first met bucky, you knew how self conscious he was of his metal limb, always claiming how he'd be better off with no left arm than what was attached to him.

you see a piece of paper. could be a little greater. show me what you could make her. you'll never know until you try it. and you don't have to keep it quiet.

but, you loved him even more for it, and you made sure to always show him that. he watched with pure eyes as you pulled his hand to your lips, kissing his knuckles.

you continued, ❝and i know it makes you nervous.❞ leaning down, you kissed the edge of his nose. ❝but i promise you, it's worth it. to show 'em everything you kept inside.

you returned his hands to his chest, pressing your palms on his pecs. ❝don't hide, don't hide. too shy to say, but i hope you stay.

bucky leaned back his head, smiling brightly at you as tears pricked his eyes, making his eyes even more shiny. ❝don't hide away. come out and play.

looking up, you pointed out the large window that made up the wall. turning his head, bucky noticed the snow fall, contrasting against new york. ❝look up, out of your window. see snow, won't let it in though.

your fingers gently dragged down his jawline as bucky continued to stare, feeling completely content in that moment. ❝leave home, feel the wind blow. cause it's colder here inside in silence. you don't have to keep it quiet.

a soft laugh escaped your lips, and you turned to stare at the falling snow. ❝yeah, i know it makes you nervous. but i promise you, it's worth it. to show 'em everything you kept inside.❞

finally turning back to bucky, you saw him already staring back up at you. ❝don't hide,❞ you dragged out the note, your voice almost barely audible. ❝don't hide...

too shy to say but i hope you stay.❞ you placed your hands on his face, thumbs rubbing gently on his cheekbones. ❝don't hide away.❞

you leaned down, hovering over his lips. this made bucky subconsciously tip his chin upward.

come out and play.❞

you fully leaned down, pressing a soft kiss to his lips, spider-man style.

(author's note)

song referenced:
'come out and play' by billie eilish

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro